Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Would you rather not have berserking? If it is a dps increase do you think you feel worse than someone from another race not having it? If you are really the one to use ancient hysteria and use 50 of your pet's focus your group really must need it and you should feel good about being needed right?

These kinds of hyperbolic expamples kill any real conversation. The only problem really is to have both bestial wrath and aspect to me. I don't really see the aspect as a mandatory part of the kit as it is.
    It feels bad. It slows the game down. It is a stupid change brought about because of pvp (small community) and people that are bad/new/casual. There were also some raid boss design consideration. Devs are getting an earful about it, not just from hunters but almost all classes.

It is a very difficult thing to express to developers who don't play the game or do play at a casual level and don't actually understand how things work.

I had assumed that the OP had tested this when he started the topic. If Bloodlust is not on the GCD for it being a pet ability, and since I'm Alliance and I don't have Berserking, it comes down to only 2 GCDs: Bestial Wrath and Aspect of the Wild. That is such a non issue. If anything it levels down the overpowered racials that I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    It feels bad. It slows the game down. It is a stupid change brought about because of pvp (small community) and people that are bad/new/casual. There were also some raid boss design consideration. Devs are getting an earful about it, not just from hunters but almost all classes.

It is a very difficult thing to express to developers who don't play the game or do play at a casual level and don't actually understand how things work.
    The slight punishment of losing 3 seconds on first, 2 seconds on 2nd and 1 second on 3rd cooldown when you use 4 in a row does raise the skill cap in the game no matter how you look at it. It all comes down to tuning in the end but i think it's possible to have a choice between massive burst for less overall damage or spreading cds for more sustained overall damage. This is not something made for casuals or pvp in mind only.

If everything is out of gcd you just hit 1 button like today. That's not in any way more skillful or difficult. The design decision here is do they remove the cooldowns like berserking or leave them in with a gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    The slight punishment of losing 3 seconds on first, 2 seconds on 2nd and 1 second on 3rd cooldown when you use 4 in a row does raise the skill cap in the game no matter how you look at it. It all comes down to tuning in the end but i think it's possible to have a choice between massive burst for less overall damage or spreading cds for more sustained overall damage. This is not something made for casuals or pvp in mind only.

If everything is out of gcd you just hit 1 button like today. That's not in any way more skillful or difficult. The design decision here is do they remove the cooldowns like berserking or leave them in with a gcd.
    Nice that you added the word only when I said there were other elements. But yes PvP and casuals were a large part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    Nice that you added the word only when I said there were other elements. But yes PvP and casuals were a large part of it.
    PvP point makes sense. You shouldn't be able to use a move that empowers you and then instantly use a move empowered by said buff without a gcd to react to it. How exactly is this turning the game more friendly for casuals? There's so many bad places now to use a cooldown in comparison to before i'd argue it adds to the skill cap.

edit: Let me reiterate my point: There is nothing more casual than binding all your offensive cooldowns to a single button and hitting it when it is ready.
    Last edited by Cthulhu fhtagn; 2018-05-10 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Considering it's a pet ability that, so far, doesn't affect your personal GCD, then yes. I fully expect Hunters to be the ones to use lust/hero.
    If it is put on the GCD, someone has to bite the bullet, otherwise it'll be on tanks to use drums, which sounds great for suboptimal reasons.
    Only, if they finally make hunter bloodlust reset on a wipe. Else you would need to carry 3 or 4 bloodlust pets with you on Progress, so you can lust every pull.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    Only, if they finally make hunter bloodlust reset on a wipe. Else you would need to carry 3 or 4 bloodlust pets with you on Progress, so you can lust every pull.
    That's still much easier to ask of a Hunter to do instead of having someone spend a GCD when they don't need to.

Deleted
    That's still much easier to ask of a Hunter to do instead of having someone spend a GCD when they don't need to.
    No... it's not.

It's only a freaking GCD, holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    No... it's not.

It's only a freaking GCD, holy crap.
    So, a Hunter using Blood Lust and having multiple pets to use (keep in mind only swapping them between pulls), with the ability off the GCD, is not easier than another class having to use one of their GCDs?
    As long as it's unchanged, a Hunter can pop Lust/Hero at the pull with no GCD usage, thereby allowing 19-29 other people the same benefit of Lust/Hero without using a GCD.
    To say that a Hunter shouldn't do this is selfishness to the highest degree.

Deleted
    So, a Hunter using Blood Lust and having multiple pets to use (keep in mind only swapping them between pulls), with the ability off the GCD, is not easier than another class having to use one of their GCDs?
    Yes. it's not easier, it's also not selfish.
    You might as well ask people to only wear slut-mogs during raids. It's a relatively equal gain or loss in damage.

It's more than just pathetic to say otherwise... and absurd to call it "selfishness to the highest degree" - how *fucking* absurd and surreal is that? Just...
    Wow, Sir... you are beyond anything I've witnessed on this forum.

In all seriousness, please stop.

As long as it's unchanged, a Hunter can pop Lust/Hero at the pull with no GCD usage, thereby allowing 19-29 other people the same benefit of Lust/Hero without using a GCD.
    So what? Are you trying to make it sound like 19-29 players are positively affected by that? Or why do you even bring the raid size into this? It's 1 GCD for 1 player - it's 0,xyz% worth of raid damage, and I'm not even sure if x=>0 - most likely not.
    It's the equivalent of one additional crit during a try, over all abilities and all GCDs used by all the DDs in the raid.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-10 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Yes. it's not easier, it's also not selfish.
    You might as well ask people to only wear slut-mogs during raids. It's a relatively equal gain or loss in damage.

It's more than just pathetic to say otherwise... and absurd to call it "selfishness to the highest degree" - how *fucking* absurd and surreal is that? Just...
    Wow, Sir... you are beyond anything I've witnessed on this forum.

In all seriousness, please stop.

So what? Are you trying to make it sound like 19-29 players are positively affected by that? Or why do you even bring the raid size into this? It's 1 GCD for 1 player - it's 0,xyz% worth of raid damage, and I'm not even sure if x=>0 - most likely not.
    It's the equivalent of one additional crit during a try, over all abilities and all GCDs used by all the DDs in the raid.
    Because of a Hunter is not affected by the GCD since it's a pet ability, then it not only benefits the Hunter to use the pet's ability (not on a GCD) but it also benefits every other person in the raid by not having them use a GCD.
    Therefore, if a Hunter can use lust/hero from the pet that gives not only the Hunter, but everyone else, the buff without a GCD usage, then it is not only selfish, but also stupid for any Hunter not to make use of it.
    You state it's only 1 GCD, but why use it when you don't have to?
    You claim it's not easier, to which I ask, how is it not?
    You say it's not selfish, to which I respond: how is it not selfish to demand someone else do something at a cost to their personal performance when a Hunter can do it at no cost to anyone's performance?
    You are coming off as a spoiled child and willfully ignorant. As I stated earlier, if the pet ability stays off GCD usage, then it benefits all to have a BM/SV Hunter to have pets that can use Lust/Hero. If you don't have either of those, and MM Hunters that only play LW, then you have a point. As it stands now, you don't.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-05-11 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    The GCD changes adds a much higher skillcap to the game which is what BM really needed. Knowing how and when to exhaust GCDs on cooldowns throughout the find will add much more depth to the BM spec.

For many classes I am completely against the GCD change but in this case I'm all for it. I've suggested this change for BM to Blizzard many times in the past before the game-wide GCD change announcement and I am satisfied something was finally done.

It would be wise for ancient hysteria to remain on the GCD as well otherwise it is bound to create an inadequate and unfair situation for mages and shaman.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-05-11 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    The GCD changes adds a much higher skillcap to the game
    what are you smoking, press button, wait, press button, wait, press button...wait....ya that takes skill (note the sarcasm).

You want "skills" go do something in RL, this is a game. Buttons isn't where the skill is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    what are you smoking, press button, wait, press button, wait, press button...wait....ya that takes skill (note the sarcasm).

You want "skills" go do something in RL, this is a game. Buttons isn't where the skill is.
    It creates a need for the user to focus more attention on his abilities and when he's using them as the player would need to have substantial raid awareness and be mindful on mechanics that will potentially come into play in the next second or so. Other than this change significantly raising the skill cap, I see no other reason to be against it in BM's case as those against it as players who play BM generally enjoy the mindless mashing and the low skill set required.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    It creates a need for the user to focus more attention on his abilities and when he's using them as the player would need to have substantial raid awareness and be mindful on mechanics that will potentially come into play in the next second or so. Other than this change significantly raising the skill cap, I see no other reason to be against it in BM's case as those against it as players who play BM generally enjoy the mindless mashing and the low skill set required.
    It does none of this. It delays the rotation by 1-2GCD. It only effects 3 buff. BW, aspect and potion (only once during combat). It only makes the game feel more clunky. There is 0 skill cap involved in that.

They just removed racials and trinkets from GCD because they started to understand this. I say aspect and BW be baked together in the end too. This change adds 0 dynamics to the game play. It just makes things clunky.

Deleted
    Because of a Hunter is not affected by the GCD since it's a pet ability, then it not only benefits the Hunter to use the pet's ability (not on a GCD) but it also benefits every other person in the raid by not having them use a GCD.
    Therefore, if a Hunter can use lust/hero from the pet that gives not only the Hunter, but everyone else, the buff without a GCD usage, then it is not only selfish, but also stupid for any Hunter not to make use of it.
    You state it's only 1 GCD, but why use it when you don't have to?
    You say it's not selfish, to which I respond: how is it not selfish to demand someone else do something at a cost to their personal performance when a Hunter can do it at no cost to anyone's performance?
    You are coming off as a spoiled child and willfully ignorant. As I stated earlier, if the pet ability stays off GCD usage, then it benefits all to have a BM/SV Hunter to have pets that can use Lust/Hero. If you don't have either of those, and MM Hunters that only play LW, then you have a point. As it stands now, you don't.
    first of all - once more, no, it's still not selfish if a hunter doesn't do it, especially not "the highest degree"-of selfishness.
    A hunter will give up multiple things that are worth far more than a single GCD of 1 player during an encounter.

It's pretty obvious that you don't know how lust/timewarp works. Do you even play the game?
    If the BM/SV hunter doesn't use his pet-lust. Only 1 player is "negatively" affected by that - not "everyone else" - that player still has 100% control over when he pops it though.

as to your "spoiled brat" nonsense:
    If Mages and Shamans have a problem clicking lust/timewarp, let them give it up completely and give me the ability (on a GCD) instead, without having to tame specific pets/pet classes and without having to give up the utility I might want from the other pet-classes. I'd reckon not a single mage/shaman would want that, because now they can't time their best possible Bloodlust (when procs and CDs line up perfectly) anymore.
    I'll gladly press that button on every single try, because a single GCD doesn't matter in the *slightest*...

Because having to dismiss/recall a different pet on every try is a pain in the arse?
    Even more so because you actually need to do it every single time and if you forget doing it - which is very, very likely to happen when you try a boss 50+ times, you need someone else to do it anyway... which will result in even more whining because now the mage/shaman has to interrupt his perfectly lined up CD-sequence - which he will still think about when he goes to sleep - to squeeze BL in.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-11 at 04:57 PM.

Hunter's lust cost 50 focus to pet, you can't cast it in the middle of the fight if you don't put your pet on passive. Such a bullshit XD

Kowabunga dude

Don't understand why potion has to be on the GCD too. On certain abilities I understand but on potions too?? Feels bad.