Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Give a 20% boost to anyone not wearing corruption

I did not sign up for this. Gearing is already RNG enough, now I have to use corruption to be competitive? I thought this was an RPG? If I wanted to gamble, I would gamble. There should be character progression in which we can actually work toward gear that we want.

To temporarily fix this until SL, they should give a 20% damage and healing boost to anyone that chooses to wear no corruption.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I did not sign up for this. Gearing is already RNG enough, now I have to use corruption to be competitive? I thought this was an RPG? If I wanted to gamble, I would gamble. There should be character progression in which we can actually work toward gear that we want.

To temporarily fix this until SL, they should give a 20% damage and healing boost to anyone that chooses to wear no corruption.
    nah

/10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

lol no. If you want to be competitive you have to go with meta.

Stop bitching do visions
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

I like the corruption system and you liking it or not has nothing to do with this being RPG element or not.

You want RPG elements then role play that you refuse to use corruption because of your noble heart and cleanse all corrupted items you get.

Because RPG stands for role playing game, and it's not a special card you can wave and raise whenever they add gearing systems you don't like.

Sounds more like:
    I don't want to invest time into gearing so give me buff so I can keep up with people who do

There's nothing wrong with being casual and doing casual stuff and not having same numbers as mythic raiders. What's up with all this entitlement in this game, it's like people expect to have everything just because they pay 15 dollars a month for a service to play, you have access to all content, go out and get it and stop bitching

So y’all actually like corruption? Lmfao
    change can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    If we had ways to target corruptions the system would be fine but just like Legiondaries it would mean that Blizzard wouldn't be able to just bloat the lootable with a bunch of useless garbage among a few broken items to call it a 'complex' system.

Tbh the best solution would just be to make details/WoWlogs not count any damage from Stars/TD/GW/any other damage corrups.

Watch how fast it fixes itself lmao.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account

No. Why should you get free damage for opting OUT of a critical game mechanic?

This is why Blizzard designs the game and you play it. Because if people like you designed an MMO, it would be terrible and stupid.

BLIZZ I DIDN'T SIGN UP TO WEAR ARMOR SO I SHOULD GET 20% DAMAGE REDUCTION WHEN I FIGHT NEKKID
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You complain about corruptions, then you proclaim you thought this game was an RPG. Corruptions literally gives you choices in what gear to wear depending on the encounters you're gonna face. It doesn't matter if they're good or not, you're complaining about choice.

It's just funny as shit you want a 20% dps increase INSTEAD of actually using different choices in order to get that damage.

Lol.... sorry but if you don't want to take part in a part of the game that is on you and you have to live with the consequences

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You complain about corruptions, then you proclaim you thought this game was an RPG. Corruptions literally gives you choices in what gear to wear depending on the encounters you're gonna face. It doesn't matter if they're good or not, you're complaining about choice.

It's just funny as shit you want a 20% dps increase INSTEAD of actually using different choices in order to get that damage.
    I would be fine with corruption if you could target different kinds. But you can’t, so as far as I’m concerned it’s even worse than titanforging.
    change can't wait.

I would be fine with corruption if you could target different kinds. But you can’t, so as far as I’m concerned it’s even worse than titanforging.
    So it's almost like you have to make a choice between the corruptions you get, HNNG ALMOST LIKE AN RPG

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    Sounds more like:
    I don't want to invest time into gearing so give me buff so I can keep up with people who do

There's nothing wrong with being casual and doing casual stuff and not having same numbers as mythic raiders. What's up with all this entitlement in this game, it's like people expect to have everything just because they pay 15 dollars a month for a service to play, you have access to all content, go out and get it and stop bitching
    I think he just wants less RNG in the game. Gets one item with X/Y stats and thats it. To be fair, theres to much RNG mumbojumbo in retail right now. Theres several things than can proc and it should proc in order to be competetive.

Personally I found corruption allright enough. Something to dabble with in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    So it's almost like you have to make a choice between the corruptions you get, HNNG ALMOST LIKE AN RPG
    But you can’t choose which specific corruption you get, or if you even get it at all. You can’t choose whether it’s rank 1, 2, 3. There’s zero choice involved.
    change can't wait.

Imho corruption is worse than any other similar mechanic in wow history.

Its heavy RNG and it actually has additional negative impacts on gameplay (primarily suicide shadows and the slow).

The patch has been out for months now. If you haven't gathered a decent collection of corruptions then that's your problem.

I don't like it. Its pure dogshit. But your idea was even stupider than the corruption system as a whole. It doesn't matter. That system is in the game and if you want to be competitive you have to go with it.

Months into 8.3, the same bad arguments. If you actually played 8.3, and did the minimal weekly stuff (invasion, vision, M+) that all reward guaranteed corruption, you would very likely have at least one good corruption piece by now.