Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

I have the Lightweave one, and TBH i never seem to see it proc.. tried on a target dummy the other night too, nothing... is it bugged or what?

Two words.

Magic
    Carpet

Nuff said.
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

Quote Originally Posted by streamster
    Just wait tailoring may suck now but when your trash farming or maybe even doing 25 man raids in the future and the best cloth caster thing in the game drops as a pattern and requires tailoring youll know.
    actually they already stated that they wont make a pattern that is best in slot for any profession if i remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by eibbun
    the ebonweave robe is hot compared to the heroes warlock robe D:

...yeah that's all
    No its not, the Heroes robes are still slightly better if you're hit starved and WAAAAY better if you aren't.

eibbun

well i'm hit starved..
    and 2 16+ hit rating gems on heroes gives me the same hit but... nvm... its like.. 1-2 more dmg? (no imp fel armor atm) not really an upgrade especially after i lose like 30 int

i rather keep the ebonweave and save the badges

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    And yeah, Tailoring got good cloak enchants
    ahahahahahaha no.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by eibbun
    well i'm hit starved..
    and 2 16+ hit rating gems on heroes gives me the same hit but... nvm... its like.. 1-2 more dmg? (no imp fel armor atm) not really an upgrade especially after i lose like 30 int

i rather keep the ebonweave and save the badges
    Its not just the few extra spell damage. It also contributes to your set bonuses and gives you ~200 more mana per lifetap. Plus, you'll eventually be able to stick SP gems in the slots for a total of ~45 more SP.

Blizzard wants everything to be equal so no one has advantages from professions or whatever. It's the same with LW. Everything is BoE and you get the same amount of buffs/stats as any other profession. Boring...

You don't even need to level professions to 450, because you don't get anything from it. If you have 425 LW you can make everything already.

All of you guys are forgetting a lot of things that come inherent to tailoring.

First key point I want to make is a lot of you are using the argument of, just get a buddy to make it for you or pick it up off the auction house. Well, if everyone has that mindset then there won't be any tailors, so that's not going to work. Not to mention buying bop cloth takes away from buying other things that you might need.

Now let's look at the things that only tailors themselves can get.

Carpet = Sweet mounts that only tailors can have, basically the equivalent of the hogs, and we don't see engineers bitching.

Swordguard = Not my cup'o'tea but for melee dps it's actually a very good cloak enchant, pve or pvp.

Lightweave = The best cloak enchant for magic dps before 2.3k dps, the best cloak enchant period for dpm, and the best cloak enchant for pvp. Also has the perk of being an interesting choice for paladin tanks.

Darkglow = Best cloak enchant for healers and a viable choice for beginning raiders with mana problems.

Master's and Sanctified Spellthread = Though these are matched by Brilliant and Sapphire spellthread, the first ones can only be used by the tailorer and are much much much less expensive to make. They are also some of the best and easiest leg enchants to get for casters.

----------------

Things that only tailors can make for other people.

2 epic cloaks that are some of the best in the game = lots of money and a good starting place as a raider.

3 epic gloves that are pretty much the best pre-raid = lots of money and a good starting place as a raider

3 epic chest pieces = same as a above.

2 epic spellthreads that are some of the best leg enchants in the game = lots of money to be made as well as helpful to your guild.

3 epic cloth pieces for frost resistance = probably going to be mandatory for several things throughout WotLK = lots of money to be made, and again, usefulness to your guild.

And let's not forget one of the most important things of all.

Creators of 22 slot bags = You will be making large, stable amount of money, for the entirety of the expansion.

-------------

All of you min-maxers can sit there a fight over this and that, but in all honestly it looks to me like tailoring has been brought back in line from it's bc days, but still is a profitable and worthy profession.

If you don't think it is, convince everyone on your server to drop tailoring and then come back whining in a few months.

I'm a raider, i play to raid, i want to be the best raider i can and helpt the 24 other people progress as fast and as easily as possible. I took up tailoring in TBC because it did these things, i took up LW for sunwell because it did these things.

All tailoring does now is give me a flying carpet which i used for 2 days before putting it away. The cloak enchants are minimally better then a haste enchant, i made myself 8 leg enchants and stuck them in my bank for later pants upgrades before i dropped tailoring to get JC, 70+ spellpower more then a non JC is alot more DPS then a shitty cloak enchant which barely makes a difference.

I could either change to a useful profession that made me better DPS or be at the bottom of DPS meters and have the raid leader sit me outside where i could ride my harry potter carpet......it was an easy decision.

If they ever make tailoring good again i have enough cloth spread out over 3 characters banks to re-level tailoring to 400 in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajak
    Carpet = Sweet mounts that only tailors can have, basically the equivalent of the hogs, and we don't see engineers bitching.
    Are you HIGH? The motorcycles are NOT Engineer-only, and we ARE bitching about that fact.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspells
    Two words.

Magic
    Carpet

Nuff said.
    I'm a Druid with instant flight form. How does tailoring benefit me? Since the carpet kinda acts like a nerf, giving me a cast time on my mount.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    I'm a Druid with instant flight form. How does tailoring benefit me? Since the carpet kinda acts like a nerf, giving me a cast time on my mount.
    And your point is?

Tailoring is a cloth making profession and you can wear leather? ......

Tailoring is nice for the embroider stuff on your pants (very cheap) and cloaks as well.

Tailoring is still a nice way of making gold as well, selling the 20 slot bags for 100+g per bag is nice for me :P and next to that tailoring gives an extra chance to find cloth on bodies.

All professions have their own benefits and cool stuff.

But a druid with tailoring? not a smart choice if you ask me. Lw would have been a much better decision seeing you can make offspec gear as well then.

why would ya sell bags for 100-ish gold when you can sell the cloth+dust for about 200g? cloth is around 28g/stack, dust 6g/stack on my server.

pretty sure swordguard embroidery is the best melee dps enchant (since it's on melee hit hunters are obviously exempt) except maybe feral druids

and now to add...if you raid with me please switch away from tailoring...that way i can find more frostweave and ah it for more gold

tailors get that, engi's get engineering a few mobs and gas clouds, jc's get their dailies, enchanters get the fact that ppl constantly need to come back for the same slots to get the same chant whenever they upgrade, gatherers get...the ability to gather,lw's don't get much for money-making that i've noticed, nor do smiths, scribes get the one time (per person) sale of glyphs...as far as moneymaking, other than gathering, most of the profs are on an equal footing

tailors = cloak chant, engi = (maybe the haste glove enchant after the patch, not sure how 2s longer will change it's position) and helms (easily replaced), jc's get prismatic gems, chanters get ring chants, skinners get some crit, herbalists get a HoT, miners get stam, lw's get bracer enchants, smiths get sockets, scribes get special shoulder inscriptions...

none of the benefits for 1 prof are vastly superior to the benefits for another prof. Pick the profession that you feel like being. If you like the humor in it, roll a female character and pick up tailoring and cooking as your only professions...the point is that professions don't make or break you. They want ppl to be able to play the game how they want to without ruining their potential performance, and i'd say they did a decent job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspells
    Two words.

Magic
    Carpet

Nuff said.
    Three words.

Time-Lost Protodrake...wtf do I do with tailoring now?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    And your point is?

Tailoring is a cloth making profession and you can wear leather? ......

Tailoring is nice for the embroider stuff on your pants (very cheap) and cloaks as well.

Tailoring is still a nice way of making gold as well, selling the 20 slot bags for 100+g per bag is nice for me :P and next to that tailoring gives an extra chance to find cloth on bodies.

All professions have their own benefits and cool stuff.

But a druid with tailoring? not a smart choice if you ask me. Lw would have been a much better decision seeing you can make offspec gear as well then.
    Tailoring doesn't really require a secondary profession to be able to use it, unlike LW. And I cannot take skinning at the moment.

Even if I were a cloth wearing class it wouldn't matter, the gear that can be made in tailoring is inferior to the gear I have now anyways. What I'm after is the money making aspect and the embroideries.
    You die.
    You are dead.

15+ Year Old Account

This weeks patchwer 25 man fight...as you can see lightweave bolt really isnt cutting it >.< WTB buff to the dmg or reduce the internal cooldown!

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    I'm a raider, i play to raid, i want to be the best raider i can and helpt the 24 other people progress as fast and as easily as possible. I took up tailoring in TBC because it did these things, i took up LW for sunwell because it did these things.

All tailoring does now is give me a flying carpet which i used for 2 days before putting it away. The cloak enchants are minimally better then a haste enchant, i made myself 8 leg enchants and stuck them in my bank for later pants upgrades before i dropped tailoring to get JC, 70+ spellpower more then a non JC is alot more DPS then a shitty cloak enchant which barely makes a difference.

I could either change to a useful profession that made me better DPS or be at the bottom of DPS meters and have the raid leader sit me outside where i could ride my harry potter carpet......it was an easy decision.

If they ever make tailoring good again i have enough cloth spread out over 3 characters banks to re-level tailoring to 400 in a couple of hours.
    If your raid leader kicks you out for a 2% dps drop your guild needs to go back to bc where it belongs. If you can't make up 2% damage by being helpful to your guild using your professions (which I'd ask, wth else are you besides jc mr. raider?) then you should probably go sit outside anyways.

Not saying tailoring is the end all or anything. Just saying it's a lot more useful then you guys are making it out to be.

Not to mention Lightweave is still the best cloak enchant for pvp. 1200 unmitigatable unresistable damage works.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher
    This weeks patchwerk 25 man fight...as you can see lightweave bolt really isnt cutting it >.< WTB buff to the dmg or reduce the internal cooldown!
    Thanks for showing that photo. Running off of those numbers it shows that Lightweave is 32.1 dps for you.

JC can give 96 spellpower with 3 gems vs 57 spellpower from regular gems. So basically a JC can have 39 more spellpower than a non-jc. Match that broadly against the 32.1 dps from Lightweave (not going into the nitty gritty math) and you can see that JC only have a very slight advantage over other spell casters.

-------------

@ All

These professions are not something that should make or break you during raiding. If your raid leader gets that deep into it, then either your guilds dps sucks, your dps sucks, or you just have a mule for a raid leader and should find a new guild.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm just keeping the profs i have on my toons, I know they're going to add something for all professions.

Deleted

I have tailoring and engineering on my Death Knight. Why?

Tailoring for flying carpet, engineering just for the lulz. Afterall, it's just a game.