help a resto out

I am healing in my 25 ICC raid and for some reason My hps is WAY below someone who **doesn't out gear me that much** and my healing done was WAY WAY WAY below his. I used to have this spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0qG0u0hZZf0IubuxikVcsVo

and switched to http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Whomaster after that raid (its his spec). I do not know what going on am I doing something wrong? Apparently I am using wild growth to much?? (I never go oom but I WG and my WG is around 50% of my healing done.) How SHOULD I be healing? Please help.

I heal with 5x1 meaning 5 rejuvs 1 growth

**as for comparing I meant a literal comparison, he has a tiny bit more spellpower and crit, I have more haste, and he has more mp5.

Re: help a resto out

Ok, couple comments and concerns.

1) You're SP is extremely low, you need more if you expect your HPS to go up.

2) Never gem straight haste, you would be better off with 12sp/10 haste gems in those sockets. (Take your boots for example, you have a 23 SP and 20 haste gem. If you swapped to Reckless Ametrines it would net you 24 SP and 20 haste.) The haste cap isn't absolutely necessary, but a lot of spell power is. You'll get to the haste cap eventually with gear, don't sacrifice a shitload of spellpower for it, SP is our #1 stat.

3) Go back to your original spec, you don't have enough haste to spec out of celestial focus.

4) Natural Perfection is purely a PvP talent, it offers no use to a resto druid in PvE.

5) Get rid of that +10 stats gem, you don't need it.

6) Your meta is wrong, get the 25 SP/2% intellect meta. It's requirements are just red gems and considering you
    should be gemming almost pure Spell power, you'll have no problems with meeting the reqs.

7) Ditch talisman of resurgance, pick up The Egg of Mortal Essence if you don't have access to Althor's Abacus or Solace of the Defeated.

Now if you want to up your HPS, here's a tip. Keep a regrowth and rejuv rolling on the tanks at all times, it's considered padding the meters to some people but if you're looking for a boost in your HPS, that will help. Until you get more SP you won't see a lot of improvement. 5x1 rotation is correct, not much more you can do. It's a gear thing.

Hope I helped

Edit: Use this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0VGzu0hZZf0fuduxVuVcsVo

assuming u have a boomkin and and a shaman you are still not haste capped w/out CF i think so you deff dont want to spec into that but also u are not using teir 9... so there is absolutely no point in u getting crit rating from talents if you are not casting spells that can crit... only rejuve and WG therefore the 2 points in natural protection are a waste... depending on the ammount of noursh you do to top people off on fights living seed may also not be worth it and you may not want empowered touch... i was specced into it until i realized i was only casting like 5-7 nourishes in a 10 min fight which made the 2 points feel useless...
    does ur guild have a World of logs report or something so that we can see how much he beat u by or how he did it?

Also, what class was it that you were healing against, and on what fight. Depending on the these two scenarios it can go different ways.

Shaman: A good shaman will almost always beat out a resto druid in equal gear.

Priest (Holy): This can go either way, either they will beat you, be even with you, or you will beat them. In equal gear a really good holy priest will beat you, but it also depends on the fight.

Priest (Disc): Will always win, Recount doesn't show absorbs but Disc priests are OP >.>

Paladin: Heavy tank damage fight, Paladin will win. Light tank damage, heavy raid, druid will win.

Druid: Depends on who has the better gear. The way druids heal, it depends on who gets the HoTs out faster lol.

Both specs are viable, but the first would probably be more HPS as you aren't at the haste soft cap (assuming that's your character).

Personally I'd use the first spec and only gem SP/haste until you hit the soft cap (735 with Celestial Focus), I'd also look into getting T9 4pc, 245. Int trinket is bad.

5x1 isn't best on all fights. Make sure you're predicting where the damage is going to be. That's the most important part. I go as far as Regrowthing people if there's nothing else to heal, 25 seconds before damage happens, and then rejuving 15 seconds before damage happens.

It sounds like this could be your problem. You need to know where damage is and know which spell to use. This is something that comes with practice. I'm a very good Resto Druid (I'm extremely rarely outhealed, even by druids who way outgear me and are in the top guilds on server) and I have never done any math or anything to tell me which spells to use. Just look at your spells and think about what kind of situation you'd want to use them.

I use 5x1 as a base. If there's a lot of small damage going around, and someone needs a biggish heal, I'll regrowth instead of nourish. The hot will heal them if they get hurt again for a little while. If they need a big heal and it needs to be fast then I throw Nourish. If there's a mechanic where someone will take damage in X seconds, then I throw a lifebloom on them, timed so it heals right after they get hurt.

I lifebloom the tanks if there's any kind of constant damage (like a dot) or there's any chance their healers might not be enough. I only put 1 stack on at a time, and let it bloom at 3 stacks.

Above poster is wrong about Empowered Touch. Get it, nourish is a lot better than it used to be and used a lot more often. You will sometimes have to focus on a healing target.

Is that you're character? If not then link it. Is there any fights in particular that you're doing really bad at?

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0VGzu0hZZf0fuduxikVcsVo This is the spec I use with ~740 haste and Trauma.

Living Spirit doesn't add as much as you would think, and because I use Trauma I miss out on a ton of haste that would allow me to get Living Seed. Living Seed is a nice buff but I don't think it's necessary and not as good as the Trauma proc by far.

If you were able to hit 856 haste without losing much SP from gems then I'd go with Living Seed over CF, of course.

The meta you use is fine, it adds a lot of mp5 and I don't think 25 sp is worth the switch. The egg is okay, but the Darkmoon Card: Illusion would be better.

it is my character, and

Already regemmed sp, just logged so it should refresh.

It was against another resto.

I went back to my old spec.

My guild hasnt been giving doing world of logs recently. very irritating.

Ill ditch resurgence asap, prolly will get mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by fatzmanz
    it is my character, and

Already regemmed sp, just logged so it should refresh.

It was against another resto.

I went back to my old spec.

My guild hasnt been giving doing world of logs recently. very irritating.

Ill ditch resurgence asap, prolly will get mortal.

Upload your own logs instead of relying on your guild mates to do it.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...combatlog.aspx

Also, make a list of pieces you need from 10 and 25 man from the bosses you KNOW your guild can down. Most of the pieces you need can be gotten from the first 7 bosses (Storming the Citadel and Plague) from both 10 and 25 man.

Once you have your gear set planned out, then work on your anticipation of damage - this is where druids rule.

On a fight like Marrowgar, blanket the raid just BEFORE bone storm, and keep hots rolling on the tanks. You can't be beaten to the punch if you already have hots rolling on 25% of the raid when bone storm hits (this is especially true when doing this fight on heroic as the damage from bone storm is doubled, and people are still being spiked while this is going on).

On a fight like Festergut or Bloodqueen, blanket the raid before the fight starts, then drink, and maintain those hots when you get into combat. Again by anticipating the massive amounts of incoming damage, you wont end up falling behind on heals 10-15 seconds into the fight and rushing nourishes trying to catch up. Just maintain WG and Rejuv's through the entire fight (inhale's 1 and 2 - inhale 3 all heals, including yours, should be focused on the tank with a WG on the raid once he unleashes the spores) and watch the numbers soar. Just before he exhales, blanket the raid again.

Anticipating the damage that is going to come in can mean the difference between playing catchup, and topping the healing meter. As far as "padding" the meter by keeping your hots on the tanks, well I have to say boo to that. Your hots should be on the tanks as much as possible not to pad the meter, but to give your other healers a buffer if they need to stop healing for a second or two for whatever reason (judge/melee swing for pallys, cast Hymn of Hope for priests, etc.)