Beginner Resto Shaman Shields?

Yeah so as the title might suggest I'm a beginner pve resto shaman and i need a shield! I've looked through my atlas loot and can't find any spell shields in FoS, PoS, HoR or ToC(5 man). So i spose the question is do i just take the OH off of HoR and look a bit silly or try and find an iLvl 200 one (is the damage mitigation really worth the lesser stats?). Or have i missed an obvious option? (see how i've left the door open for sarcastic replies - thank me later )

there is a shield off the last boss in non-heroic PoS if you want to get the best shield possible before raids. Although, it is damn ugly and I had to suffer with it for a very long time... finally got one from ToC25... never could get marrowgar's (25) one to drop for me.
    Last edited by Xotick; 2010-06-25 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with wearing a regular off-hand, especially as a beginner. You'll get into ToC25 or ICC25 quickly enough for really nice shields. Until then, just grab yourself a good off-hand item. The advantage that a shield has over an off-hand of the same quality is merely that it can be enchanted for some extra Int. Damage mitigation isn't that important, especially not in PvE. Although you may get hit every now and then, that's not an argument for a shield. ("Style", however, IS an argument for a shiled *gg*) Healers should never be hit by a mob for as long as a tank is nearby. Priests survive well enough, so why shouldn't you, even without the mighty protection of a shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Xotick View Post
    there is a shield off the last boss in non-heroic PoS...
    Indeed Protector of Frigid Souls is what you are after... And cos its in "normal", you can spam it over and over...

Expect to get competition from half the world and his dog though, esp with peeps needing on non-existant off-spec gear "just in case". I joined a gp with 3 pallies and cried. Don't expect the fact you're signing as healer to save you from ninja looters

Your other options are Zom's Cracking Bulwark or there's a ilvl200 shield from heroism badges if ur having REALLY bad luck

Deleted
    Not sure if this is a nice shield for a Resto shammie, but you can try to check the auction house for http://www.wowhead.com/item=44313

10+ Year Old Account
    Just use an off-hand, you'll get a better one quite quickly once you reach ICC.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

There's http://www.wowhead.com/item=40700 too if you have excess badges, just have to trade them down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
    Expect to get competition from half the world and his dog though, esp with peeps needing on non-existant off-spec gear "just in case". I joined a gp with 3 pallies and cried. Don't expect the fact you're signing as healer to save you from ninja looters
    Yeah. I got vote kicked countless times so I wouldn't roll against people for it when I was gearing up my alt. Might have settled a bit now though. :P

Ahh thanks for that, i must've just skipped over that one. I just won the OH from HoR so i'm not sure if i'll bother, gs being the way it is...

For my resto off spec, I switched to the staff that you get in the bag from Lord Ahune. It was better then my dagger, lvl 200 shield combo. I was never very lucky getting the PoS off hand.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/54806/f...of-lord-ahune/

I still have the dagger and shield in case something better drops for one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranna View Post
    Yeah. I got vote kicked countless times so I wouldn't roll against people for it when I was gearing up my alt. Might have settled a bit now though. :P
    Heh, amusingly I actually got my shield after having a nax OH since nax was 'cool' by saying the other shaman should give me the shield, "just cause" was my answer when they asked why, surprisingly they said yes. They did ask me to stick around for another run though in return since queues were long even for getting the 3 DPS.

Aftrr 13 minutes waiting they said I could do, I stayed and at about 16 we got a group, the shield didn't drop for them though Traded them the 2 epics I'd won for a little gold by way of thankyou.

Hardest part really is putting up with the long queue for reg PoS, not many geared enough tanks/healers or even DPS run regular instances.