Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone actually use Aspect of the Fox in raids?

I personally am 12/12 (Defender of a Shattered World) and my 10man is planning on getting Heroic Halfus down this week.

The only fight I bother to switch aspects is during the Valiona / Theralion fight when Dazzling Destruction is out.

Am I the only one? Do I need to L2P?

How about Atremedes,Omnotron,Ascendat Council?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    How about Atremedes,Omnotron,Ascendat Council?
    Nope, not really.

Omnotron, I don't find my self moving *enough* to justify it.

Atremedes, sometimes in the air phase.

Ascendant Council, Only when my assigned target teleports to the other side room.

I use it all the time. It is an amazing ability. Any time you have any sort of movement at all you should use it. Put it in an easily bindable place and switch it whenever you need to run anywhere. I personally use it in about every fight. The best examples of quick little bursts of it are for V&T when you need to move in for Blackout or a Meteor, Al'Akir when you need to go through a squall line or are about to get punted from wind burst (Fox lets you cast while moving in the air), and for Chimeron when you need to clump during a feud phase and you are running in to the boss.

Of course only use fox if you need to cobra/steady on the run, but I find that it happens alot more often than you think

Aspects are off the GCD. If you are moving in a fight while you do not have instants available it is a DPS loss to not switch. Very useful in many fights. Halfus, Conclave, Al'akir, Chim, Nefarian, Magmaw, Maloriak, Val/Theral and Cho'gal all have periods where Fox is beneficial depending on where you're at in your rotation and what strategy you use. I've had attempts where Fox was not used on a few bosses, but I've had just as many where it was used.

There's no fight where staying in Fox is a good idea. Pretty much every fight has some movement that can come up and if it happens at the right time you should absolutely switch to Fox. Unless you just don't care about your DPS, anyway.

If you have enough focus to cast instants, you don't have to switch. But I find myself often switching to aotf for when I'm the target of flamethrower (Omnitron), soundbreath (atramedes), feud (chimeron), Blackout etc when I don't have enough focus, so I can move and still be able to do my rota.

Besides, I find myself a lot more moving, when I am in my 25 man raid. You have the same amount of space, but 15 more people to squeeze in.

- Shiny said, I was the best.

Shar you can FD the the charging up thing from Magmatron in Tron council. Just a helpful little tip

Not really, not game breaking, Council when I need to get a tornado or a ground, or get away from raid cause of Lighting rod, a little on Nef when phasing, like 5 seconds on the blind dragon, and that is about it, movement can be avoided on almost every other fight.
    I'd give fox away in change of not nerfing the only fun hunter spec remanding.

I like it during the Fel Firestorm section of the Argolath battle.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetlysm View Post
    Not really, not game breaking, Council when I need to get a tornado or a ground, or get away from raid cause of Lighting rod, a little on Nef when phasing, like 5 seconds on the blind dragon, and that is about it, movement can be avoided on almost every other fight.
    I'd give fox away in change of not nerfing the only fun hunter spec remanding.
    How the hell do you avoid movement on val and ther...

I'm using it whenever I'm moving and don't have enough focus/explosive or black arrow of cooldown. Just bind it to a easy keybind (Shift + 2 for me) and have Hawk to another on close by (Shift + 1 for me). I'm very used to using shift + something keybind commands, but find something sutiable for you. Also, a tip is to learn to use alot of shift and control commands. It's great.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing 700ATP isnt that nice...
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

luckily you can swap aspects in combat...

/castsequence Aspect of the hawk, aspect of the fox
    bind to mousewheel of whatever and scroll away when you need to move

I find myself using aspect of the fox if I think I'm going to move within the next few seconds.
    Why? Well, using aspect of the fox is a 3 % dps loss compared to aspect of the hawk, which would mean that if I did 33 gcds in fox and 32 in aspect of the hawk it'd even out.
    The math (if you'd like to call it that) posted above isn't very accurate, as it's a very little part of a hunter's "rotation" that does the most dmg (explosive shot), however this just makes the case clearer as for why you should use aspect of the fox: If you're using aspect of the hawk and because of that lose a cobra shot which then leads to not having enough focus for explosive shot your dps goes down by a significant amount.
    Because of that it's a good idea to cast cobra shot in aspect of the fox and then switch over to aspect of the hawk when casting explosive shot and black arrow.

Also, staying in aspect of the hawk and just cast instant shots is only advisable if you'll still be able to cast your explosive shot and black arrow on cooldown.

@Skuz: It's not possible to judge how you play based on what guild you're in. Lots of good players are in bad guilds and vice-versa.
    Last edited by Quenay; 2011-01-12 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Losing 700ATP isnt that nice...
    dead... isn't that nice...

Argaloth, Atramedes in airphase, Omnotron (OOZES YEAH!), Valiona and theralion(when we start kiting or moving) GOt a macro to switch hawk and fox its near seemless.

Deleted
    The only fight I've used it in is Baradin Hold durin Argolaths fel fire storm, although its a pain in the ass because every time i cast it it then sets me in a straight line, a pain in the ass when i'm trying to avoid standing in the fire and it directs me right into it

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    How the hell do you avoid movement on val and ther...
    oh yea that one too, but its extremely minimal, maybe a bit of luck so far

Quote Originally Posted by Quenay View Post
    @Skuz: It's not possible to judge how you play based on what guild you're in. Lots of good players are in bad guilds and vice-versa.
    I'm pretty confident with my skills. Last week's parses had 4/12 bosses with me ranked Top 150. They have all been pushed out over the 200 mark this week with the exception of the Nefarion where I'm still sitting 180ish.

(pics or it didn't happen) well I'm not going to do that.

You can seem my gear and stuff here http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=8909

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuz View Post
    I'm pretty confident with my skills. Last week's parses had 4/12 bosses with me ranked Top 150. They have all been pushed out over the 200 mark this week with the exception of the Nefarion where I'm still sitting 180ish.

(pics or it didn't happen) well I'm not going to do that.

You can seem my gear and stuff here http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=8909
    You could do alot more if you picked up 2p PvP (Head/Shoulders)