Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ever been held HOSTAGE? *read on*

I run heroics and regulars daily for quite a while now. I oddly have found myself in the position of peace maker trying to keep some of the dps'rs and healers from pointing fingers at each other (ex: "you gotta heal us too!", "can you do more than 3k dps pls?", "Healers need to CC too!") To which I respond for them to keep a level head, that not all players are as versed in the encounters, and yeah - if you need some tips or help, don't hesitate to ask - but please keep calm, because it is a long wait for you dps'rs. I mark all the targets, assign people to them, they are usually ok runs. However...

I recently had 2 dps'rs complaing about the other dps'r trying to kick him, which I did not allow. His numbers weren't that bad, he was just much more undergeared. He kept himself from dying for the most part, so frankly i didn't really care. It really wasn't that bad, since the QQ'r was the one standing in smoke on the giant crocolisk boss and insisted on dps'ing the boss instead of dumping the aggro on the croc adds attacking him. He'd die, blame it on the healer, and complain about the dps'r. (Keep in mind the main mouth was a mage, his buddy a hunter) The two dps'rs happened to be in the same guild and I then experienced something new...

One of them says, "You are all emo fags and suck get out of my instance." I didn't really fully know what he meant by that, until the 2 that were complaining left the instance. One sat in stormwind, the other was doing dailies in deepholm. I wasn't sure quite what happened at first, but then I realized after a few minutes that they weren't coming back. I said, "Will you please come back so we can finish this?" - "No, you can drop group - this is our run." I said, no - this is a pug run, and I will pretend that you never did this and happily finish the instance if you just come back." a few more minutes go by... "No, that fail dps and heal have to leave, we aren't coming back until they are gone." We then all tried kicking them, but were denied. I wasn't going to be taken hostage, so I ended up having to drop group so that some unlucky folks got stuck with them. I never experienced that before, but I guess as 2 dps friends - that could be one way of 'keeping your instance' and not waiting in a que. Since they are not in the dungeon they don't suffer the wait or anguish of pulled adds.

Anyone else had this happen?

I think they need to add a timer or something for this kind of behavior.

Vote kick only requires 3 votes to pass. If they had 3 people who wanted to get rid of the DPS in question, the vote kick would have passed. since the vote kick failed that means that your position would have had 3 votes, giving you the power to kick the 2 people who would not continue the run and get replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by suleria View Post
    Vote kick only requires 3 votes to pass. If they had 3 people who wanted to get rid of the DPS in question, the vote kick would have passed. since the vote kick failed that means that your position would have had 3 votes, giving you the power to kick the 2 people who would not continue the run and get replacements.
    They had to be doing to be doing something that would not 'allow' us to kick. It would say "you cannot kick that player at this time". Perhaps they were in combat? or someone else was booted from the group? I'm still confused how when one person is kicked, you cannot kick another player for X amount of time.

Deleted
    Someone had probably been kicked already in the instance. You can't "make" votekick not work, it will always work if 3 players accept. Blizzard needs to make votekicking unlimited.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had tanks do the same thing. We enter an instance and the tank instantly goes afk because he doesn't want to do it. He waits for us to kick him. We cant kick him because of a timer. He pretty much hijacks the group for 15 min and we can't do a single thing.

Blizzard does need to fix the "hijacking" issue. I've experienced it enough to realize that it isn't going to get better.
    Which is more musical, a truck passing by a factory or a truck passing by a music school? --John Cage
    There's people making babies to my music. That's nice. --Barry White

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Someone had probably been kicked already in the instance. You can't "make" votekick not work, it will always work if 3 players accept. Blizzard needs to make votekicking unlimited.
    This. We had a stam stacking tank that got 3 shot by felreaver in Deadmines and blamed our healer. he just teleported out and we had no more votekicks left. We just alt f4 and waited 10 min and came back and it reset our votekicks and we booted him.

Did a leveling instance the other day on my mage slave pens was me another mage and 3 people from the same guild (tank, healer, dps). Tank couldn't hold aggro for shit so me and the other mage just started killing trash packs ourselves (which we easily managed combining roots and slows). Got to the second boss and the tank stopped tanking in the middle of the fight killing both me and the other mage then killed the boss. They then spent ages abusing us that we should let the tank tank.

So we pointed out the fact that the tank couldn't hold aggro anyway so what was the point waiting for them. The other dps then vote kicked the healer (who then got invited back due to the fact it wasn't a random dungeon). So they then refused to do anything so me and the other mage pulled as many mobs as we could took them to them iceblocked and then bugged out the mobs after they killed them. The healer went emonerdrage and took res sickness and left. Me and the mage wanted to finish but couldn't because they had group lead and kept refusing to accept the dungeon sign.

the healer was "off playing his 2400 rated druid arena team" lol.

ive only had this happen once, and it was a healer who refused to heal my tank, because i had he agi pvp neck(on my bear OS tank)everything else was BiS-pre-raid gear.we went and started clearing trash using the boomkin to heal, got to the boss the healer comes up and sits dow, our hunter mds the boss to the healer, who gets 1 shotted, i roar and we all run out. rinse and repeat till the healer left.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A partial fix would be something like if you spend more than 5 mins outside a dungeon in a LFD group you get dropped and get the debuff. Yes, I know that sometimes people hop out to repair or grab something from their bank/AH but I think that nearly all of those times should be covered by 5 mins and yet 5 mins wouldn't provide a lot of time for people to do dailies or otherwise do things while screwing over their group.

I know that does not solve all problems and someone could still either just sit at the dungeon entrance or port back and forth every 4 mins and 50 seconds. Some people will always find ways to screw over others that they don't like, think suck, or whatever. But if they have to sit there themselves while not doing something it will help limit the problem a bit anyway.

Another possible solution is that anyone who goes /afk while in a LFD group can be kicked, no matter what kicks had been done prior to that. If you combined those 2 solutions it would help curtail that behavior but I don't think you can fully eliminate it without screwing over people who have legitimate reasons to go afk or port out of the instance and since I think the legitimate people outnumber the jackasses who are messing with their group I don't want to eliminate that option totally for them.

Do the same to them. If someone pulls that shit I just go take a crap or teleport out of the instance to do a couple dailys.

The other day I queue for Heroic as a dps because i wasn't in the mood to tank. Long queue whatevs, i'll did dailies in the meantime.

Zone into deadmines when i'm finally up. Group is 3 guild (tank, healer 1 dps), and me and another random dps. Kill first boss, everyone's dps is good, not amazing but nothing to be worried about. Heals and tank were doing fine as well.

Then tank says "Me and the other dps gotta go eat lunch. we'll be back in like 40 minutes. Kick us and replace if you don't feel like waiting."

So naturally the other pug dps initiates a vote kick. I agree to it because afk for 40 minutes is rediculous. The Healer keeps denying the vote kick so we can't get rid of the 2 afk ppl. So we were being forced into either waiting 40 mins for these two to get back, or leaving and queue'ing for another 40 mins.

In my rage I pulled a ton of trash and wiped all but the other random pug and left.

Most pugs I've been in have been either great or just fail after first 5 minutes. But for the most part I've had great luck. The worst pugs i've been in always consist of guild groups picking up 1-2 other people. Now whenever I get into a pug with a guild group I genrally get worried about how things are going to pan out due to most of these groups just thinking they can do anything they want cuz their guild is so awesome and 1 shots BH or some crap...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mike138 View Post
    I run heroics and regulars daily for quite a while now. I oddly have found myself in the position of peace maker trying to keep some of the dps'rs and healers from pointing fingers at each other (ex: "you gotta heal us too!", "can you do more than 3k dps pls?", "Healers need to CC too!") To which I respond for them to keep a level head, that not all players are as versed in the encounters, and yeah - if you need some tips or help, don't hesitate to ask - but please keep calm, because it is a long wait for you dps'rs. I mark all the targets, assign people to them, they are usually ok runs. However...

I recently had 2 dps'rs complaing about the other dps'r trying to kick him, which I did not allow. His numbers weren't that bad, he was just much more undergeared. He kept himself from dying for the most part, so frankly i didn't really care. It really wasn't that bad, since the QQ'r was the one standing in smoke on the giant crocolisk boss and insisted on dps'ing the boss instead of dumping the aggro on the croc adds attacking him. He'd die, blame it on the healer, and complain about the dps'r. (Keep in mind the main mouth was a mage, his buddy a hunter) The two dps'rs happened to be in the same guild and I then experienced something new...

One of them says, "You are all emo fags and suck get out of my instance." I didn't really fully know what he meant by that, until the 2 that were complaining left the instance. One sat in stormwind, the other was doing dailies in deepholm. I wasn't sure quite what happened at first, but then I realized after a few minutes that they weren't coming back. I said, "Will you please come back so we can finish this?" - "No, you can drop group - this is our run." I said, no - this is a pug run, and I will pretend that you never did this and happily finish the instance if you just come back." a few more minutes go by... "No, that fail dps and heal have to leave, we aren't coming back until they are gone." We then all tried kicking them, but were denied. I wasn't going to be taken hostage, so I ended up having to drop group so that some unlucky folks got stuck with them. I never experienced that before, but I guess as 2 dps friends - that could be one way of 'keeping your instance' and not waiting in a que. Since they are not in the dungeon they don't suffer the wait or anguish of pulled adds.

Anyone else had this happen?

I think they need to add a timer or something for this kind of behavior.
    I've been doing this for awhile with my guildies -- only against the extreme baddies though. Not being able to votekick the 350 geared warrior who does 2k dps and calls everybody ****heads and caps all the time just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Did a leveling instance the other day on my mage slave pens was me another mage and 3 people from the same guild (tank, healer, dps). Tank couldn't hold aggro for shit so me and the other mage just started killing trash packs ourselves (which we easily managed combining roots and slows). Got to the second boss and the tank stopped tanking in the middle of the fight killing both me and the other mage then killed the boss. They then spent ages abusing us that we should let the tank tank.

So we pointed out the fact that the tank couldn't hold aggro anyway so what was the point waiting for them. The other dps then vote kicked the healer (who then got invited back due to the fact it wasn't a random dungeon). So they then refused to do anything so me and the other mage pulled as many mobs as we could took them to them iceblocked and then bugged out the mobs after they killed them. The healer went emonerdrage and took res sickness and left. Me and the mage wanted to finish but couldn't because they had group lead and kept refusing to accept the dungeon sign.

the healer was "off playing his 2400 rated druid arena team" lol.
    I call troll or some misrepresentation of facts here. Why would the 3rd dps kick his own guild's healer? Regardless, you and the other dps were at fault here. If you want to tank, then roll a tank. Its part of your role as dps to watch your threat. If you don't like the way the tank is tanking, kick him. If you can't, then drop group. IMO, you were far more the problem. How about trying to help the tank with his threat rotation? Some constructive criticism rather than your immature "aggro mobs then ice block BS."

I saw the same thing the other day in a Baradin Hold run. Warrior dps pulled aggro on the boss about 15 seconds into the fight then got frustrated that he was killed and left the group. Since he was a warrior, he should have had some understanding of how Vengeance works, but maybe he never tanked before. For those of you who don't know, the first 30 seconds of a fight are the toughest for warriors and paladins for threat. Don't pop your cd's right off the bat unless you know that the tank will hold.

Deleted
    Hm, where is this happening? I did have some retarded people in my groups here and there, but generally pugs go well in reckoning bg EU.
    Also, I don't understand the trashing of the random 4th / 5th member - in my guild we often pug the last member, and more often than not we're being thanked for a quick, smooth run at the end, even had a guy apply to us once based on a random run we had We also pass loot / orbs occasionally and generally try to keep a good atmosphere during the run, not alienating the random guy at all.

Of course, 1/20 runs the last random will turn out to be a complete douche, which we promptly get rid of, but other than that (and from what I know of other guilds I know), being a dick towards the random guy isn't standard practice.

Deleted
    Well, its rather simple: you write a ticket and the two of them enjoy a ban. Next time they won't be as impudent.

Deleted
    They just need to remove all vote-kick limitations. Sure, that leaves room for some abuse, but a lot less room than what we have now.

Deleted
    I find that funny in a horrible way. I never pug so I wouldn't know but how awefull can you be to do such thing? :P One of my friends tried to do something like that and I just told him he should grow up and deal with it.

have gotten similar situations, but that wasn't even the worst.
    What did happen to me was that in heroic DeadMines the 2h dps wep dropped.
    Me, being the only melee dpser, needed on it and thought I'd get it. But apparantly the tank wanted it too. He needed too adn won it.
    Now I didn't care much that I lsot it, because it was an ugly weapon and I jsut wanted my valor points also seeing him et kicked wouldbe good enough.

First I asked to give it back.....no one says anything......after a few other attempts at trying to work things out I open a votekick with reason being that he is a ninja.
    The votekick failed!
    It so happenend that a dps from my group was in his guild and kept him in somehow. Maybe votekick bugged or another non-guildie would rather run the isntance with a ninja tank than wait 2-3 min for a new tank.
    Before I could even say a word, I get kicked from the group.
    That just blew my mind. O_o

I mean wth!!
    It is one thing to have an item ninjaed from you, but that the random puggers would actually choose the ninja tank over me?
    Either they were friends but just not guildies or jsut really selfish players who would rather kick a dps and wiat 1 sec for a new one than kick the ninja and wait 2-3 min on a new tank.

If only my guild did more heroic runs, then I wouldnt have these kind of idiot situations.
    Better yet, if only WoW was a singleplayer game, or at least not massive multiplayer. (Yeh I know, if u dont like Massive MULTIPLAYER online rpg's then don't play wow, but the warcraft universe and their idea of a paladin is just unparalleled, if there was a game with lore jut as good as warcraft and a class similar to paladins with a decent gameplay, then I'd go for that, but most other games have crap lore or just suck gameplay-wise)

I hate that most of the human population, not just warcraft-playerbase, is stupid. Why can't they grow decent brains!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this basically interferring with anothers game play and considered an offence under Wow's TOC?
    Not much to say other than I'm a Share Holder in ActivisionBlizzard.

LFD = 4chan.

Anonymous players you'll never see again that have zero incentive to play nice or care what you think of them. Your reputation counts for nothing.

People will always find a way to abuse an algorithm that tries to match random players to complete teamwork-requiring content.

To hell with giving a set of random internet gamers have direct access to my eyeballs - bg and trade and general chat is the first to go when I roll a toon. To hell with random queue'd dungeons. This isn't Xbox Live or Playstation.