Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    about 165k hp and gemmed for expertise/hit(/facepalm).
    That is called gemming for threat and at 165k hp i would think he has the appropriate tanking gear and good avoidance stats, Gemming like this is usually HC raiding guilds min/maxing for fights.

Maybe you shouldn't facepalm when you evidently dont know wtf you are talking about.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Communication is the problem here. You're as much to blame as the other people in the group. You expect them to read your mind and pay attention to what you're having to do in order to do trash without CC and not saying a damn word. Learn to talk to people, this is an mmo.

You are under geared compared to most healers who queue for heroics. If you can't handle a tank pulling trash without CC then YOU need to say something. Don't expect people to assume you can't heal something when you go through several packs of trash without CC and don't say a word to anyone about how difficult it is for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Unless, of course, you just buy high level pvp gear or buy random AH gear / roll on wrong gear specifically for the ilvl so it can sit in your bag and rot, and at the same time lets you que for randoms. OP, all I'm really seeing here is "I'm so good I shouldn't need gear to play", and that's REALLY not the case for Cataclysm.
    Nothing wrong with pvp gear on dps atleast.

You mean players who know what they're doing don't need gear to perform well? ITS MADNESS.
    Gear actually matters now as a healer. Get your head out of your ass, go do some normals to gear up, then do heroics and stop complaining because you don't have the common sense to speak to your group if you need them to CC on trash.

Yes, there is a considerable difference in a fully heroic geared healer and a healer with just high enough ilvl to do heroics, a huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know your feeling not the first time it happens And on top of that sometimes they even ninja loot.... Anyway grouping with guildies and friends ftw ^^
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like another QQ thread

So.. you joined a Random dungeon, healed up to the first boss (gratz on doing your job), and then epicly failed on a boss by standing in the wrong spot.
    you should worry about yourself before worrying about what the dps are meant to be doing.
    Yes, if the dps had killed the troggs you probably would have been fine, but it all could have been avoided if you just stood behind / next to the tank.

TL;DR since people can't bother to read the whole thing without posting. Queued for a heroic with low gear, struggle to heal squishy tank + friends due to no CC/communication whatsoever. Die on first boss due to being dazed/mauled by troggs. I die, run back in get ready and get removed.
    So you make a QQ post I guess to hopefully find people who agree with you, and you insult people in the OP... impressive use of social skills. Something tells me someone who insults people who haven't even posted on the thread yet probably wasn't polite in a run where they considered the others in the run stupid.

Btw, your story doesn't add up. Let's look at the facts.

-No CC used
    -Back to back pulls
    -No communication
    -Your low gear level
    -Yet you still have 75% or higher mana after every pull

Obviously it's not your gear that's keeping that mana because with all those mobs up you would be forced to surge once in a while, so if you REALLY WERE at >75% after every pull their dps must have been NUTS and killed the packs really fast. Sounds like qq to me.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    65k mana as a healer in heroic is brutal, I'd suggest that you don't go there yet. Do some normals instead.

HOWEVER. If they kick you because they fail at killing the adds on the first boss resulting in you getting aggro, dazed and can't move from the blitz, then they are the ones that are clueless and retarded, end of story.

You can never assume ANYTHING when you play with randoms, you need to be very obvious and tell them what the hell you want them to do, such as CCing etc.

People obviously don't care btw, get used to it.

Well,first of all i read the subject you have wrote and i want to add something too.I'm a shaman too,i geared up and could doing it well on heroics with pug but there's one point that couldn't be misunderstand.How about the item level of the group,you're just dinged but what about them ? Secondary point is you keep em alive but struggled that's ok but there is one question is coming to the mind.If they took massive damages how did you keep them alive being not oom ? Grim Batol is not a nice for starting i know and CC is must in heroics if they didnt became fully epic characters.I agree with you about that but you were declined the truth written by the people,65k mana is not enough for the heroic probably your int is low for that and secondary stat spirit also needed for raids and heroics,i didnt judge you for entering to the dungeons with pug but i suggest you to join with your friends to the heroics for more gear.LFD is a useful tool but sometimes you could be surprised

Queued for a heroic with low gear
    That's what stood out to me.

I understand that they didn't use CC - but then again I didn't read anywhere that you asked them to. Also; I've come to learn to give a brief fight explanation before each boss no-matter if they know it or not. Some people forget mechanics (Throne of the Tides first boss interrupt for example). 'Get out of blitz, kill troggs, don't kill purple one near boss' Is all that was needed.

Anyway, people are elitist and nothing will solve it.

So let me get this straight, I sit there and carry you through the trash packs with 0 CC, struggling my ass off to keep you alive. Your idiot friends don't dps troggs so I'm dazed/getting mauled by troggs, I die since there is nothing I can do and I even admitted when I failed and apologized. Are people seriously this elitist they don't even give people a chance? I know my gear was terrible but I was doing fine the whole run, finishing each pull with 50%-75% mana. You kick me for failing while I was carrying you the whole time? Why are people such jerks...

TL;DR since people can't bother to read the whole thing without posting. Queued for a heroic with low gear, struggle to heal squishy tank + friends due to no CC/communication whatsoever. Die on first boss due to being dazed/mauled by troggs. I die, run back in get ready and get removed.

YOU need to realize WE weren't the ones that kicked you. Stop being mad at US.

Thanks.

also, you ding 85 and queue for a heroic right away? ...or was it a regular and everyone else is assuming otherwise? I believe you just said a "random" but I can't imagine you struggling that much in a regular with a tank that geared.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    You should facepalm for facepalming @ the tank gemming exp / hit. Tanks NEED hit and expertise... they're melee too.
    You REALLY should check up on facts before posting.

0 hit on gear/gems = 92% chance to hit. Now we no this is not possible because even reforging all the hit off of gear STILL will leave you with +hit on it.

tanks do NOT need to interrupt anymore and tank threat is so high there is no need to gem/reforge for threat. Infact MOST tanks are reforging their hit/gemming into parry/mastery and bear tanks are gemming/reforging their hit and haste into dodge or mastery. Fully reforged most tanks are still looking at 3-4% hit on gear which is MORE than enough hit to tank ANYTHING in the game as long as:

- The DPS wait for the Thunderclap, Swipe, Consecrate or D&D
    - The DPS assist the tank and don't attack random mobs
    - The healer doesn't pop hots/shields/Beacon between Aggro and first AOE ability

OT: 65k mana is fine if you have communication, more than halfwit dpsers, intelligent use of CCs and damage reducing cooldowns(Barkskin, sheild block et al) and a group that KNOWS the instance(some people still don't and should NOT be judge for not knowing, at one point you didnt either) and doesn't still think that this is wrath with the "facepull aoe /lol."

It seems that your group wasn't a proper group for your gear level. I've been in groups where I've been the only one enchanged and gemed that talked well and discussed the boss mechanics and marked mobs and focused down one at a time while CCing things and done fine. I've also been in groups with 150k+ health tanks and raid geard healers who have wiped over and over because they face pulled two packs, didn't use or broke CC and just rained down AOE.

It seems you got one of the latter.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

IMO, stay in normals a bit longer. In the beginning of Cata things were a bit different. Everyone understood each others limitations, no one kicked anyone out of groups for anything less than obvious trolling/awfulness.

Today, people pretty much expect healers to be able to keep people up regardless of CC. I have healed dungeons where we have used 0 CC's on pull. Once you have gear 0 CC is actually more fun to heal, but still, a very sloppy way to play.

So yea, you got kicked, You probably shouldn't have. Either get a guild group together and run it that way, or do some normals for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Something in this story doesn't add up. You queue'd for a heroic as soon as you hit 85? That would mean you would've had to have at least an average of 329 ilvl to get in the heroics. But if you had ilvl 329 average, how do you have only 65k mana?

Can we get an armory link so you can clear this up for me?
    You don't necessarily need to equip the gear to get ilvl 329, I remember when I hit 85 I just went to all the new quartermasters and bought all the gear I could that was Honored Rep or lower and within 2 hours I was ready for heroics with the armor I couldn't use, but I was smart and didn't do them b/c I knew I wasn't ready for them

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to see who doesn't read the whole post, anyone who makes a comment like this^.
    I read your whole post, and I'm still going to make a comment similar to that.

You hit 85, logged off for school, logged back in after school and immediately jumped into a heroic? Not the best plan ever.

Now, I understand that the group was wrong by not getting the troggs off you, and that you might not have been kicked for bad healing, but still, you probably shouldn't hit the heroics the second you ding level 85.
    Last edited by Goldrinn; 2011-02-01 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaloezie View Post
    quoting this post because it's probably one of the best posts i've seen on this forum.
    I see what you did there! ;O

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    My question is only this: How is it possible to queue for a Heroic with just one day dinged 85? Even with justice points capped and some normals, it is not possible to reach 329 item level to do heroics... even if you did, it is not others fault.
    Dont expect people treat you nice for low performance, even if they dont play your style... go only with friends if you cant take the bad criticism!
    You can do i333 dungeons at 84. On my rogue I farmed them for most of my exp to get to 85 and was able to do heroics the moment I dinged 85.

My suggestion would be spec the elemental sprite to hit talent and the reduce Hex's CD glyph until you have enought mana to heal'em
    You can always CC one(or two, if there is elemental) more mob if you think things are getting out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Without its master's command, the restless Riverpaw Gnolls will become an even greater threat to this world.

Control must be maintained. There must always be *lightning* a Hogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    So you make a QQ post I guess to hopefully find people who agree with you, and you insult people in the OP... impressive use of social skills. Something tells me someone who insults people who haven't even posted on the thread yet probably wasn't polite in a run where they considered the others in the run stupid.
    No I insult people for their inability to read that I was healing fine but still suggesting it was my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiade
    -No CC used
    -Back to back pulls
    -No communication
    -Your low gear level
    -Yet you still have 75% or higher mana after every pull

Obviously it's not your gear that's keeping that mana because with all those mobs up you would be forced to surge once in a while, so if you REALLY WERE at >75% after every pull their dps must have been NUTS and killed the packs really fast. Sounds like qq to me.
    Umm did I say it was back to back pulls? And yes hard to believe that you can keep people alive if you're efficient with your mana, isn't it? As for everything else yes, hard to believe you don't run out of mana using efficient heals. Yes I'm repeating it because it's obviously hard to realize.
    Last edited by Mindfreakz; 2011-02-01 at 02:20 AM.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.