Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    But Chakra on its own is now everlasting...1 minute duration, 30 second cooldown. Trust me, you don't need state of mind in its current incarnation.

On SOR I really am unsure. I dropped it, but then immediately missed not having it. Though I have yet to experience it prevent a wipe or deaths it really does help. The main effect that I get out of it is when I die for some stupid reason, I can unleash myself on the raid to top everyone up, thus saving the other heals mana. Other than that, it has yet to prove useful.

In fact, I've had a druid say they hate it because they don't know when they will be able to combat res me. :P

Overall though it is a talent I would rather have and not need, than need and not have.
    I completely understand the whole "SoR is good if you and your raid know how to use it" but generally I actually find it a bit demoralizing. When everyone sees it, there's more of an "Oh crap, this is probably a wipe," than an "Oh, we'll we're going to be topped off for the next 15 seconds." To me, it's more of a psychological thing (Angel of Death? lol) that doesn't help my particular raid.

Training my raid to utilize Lightwell? Totally worth it. Yeah, it took some time, but I can confidently say they are making sure Lightwell is used up before the CD. I thought I'd never see the day!
    There is no gene for the human spirit. ~GATTACA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by avestren View Post
    I completely understand the whole "SoR is good if you and your raid know how to use it" but generally I actually find it a bit demoralizing. When everyone sees it, there's more of an "Oh crap, this is probably a wipe," than an "Oh, we'll we're going to be topped off for the next 15 seconds." To me, it's more of a psychological thing (Angel of Death? lol) that doesn't help my particular raid.

Training my raid to utilize Lightwell? Totally worth it. Yeah, it took some time, but I can confidently say they are making sure Lightwell is used up before the CD. I thought I'd never see the day!
    Hehe, ye. Nothing says "I DIED TO FIRE" better than being a big blue woman with wings.

I like the patch. Mana not really an issue and not having to worry too much about Chakra is nice. SoL is sweet, I don't forsee us having it for too long. Lightwell is good after the raid is trained. DP is very nice now, before the patch it sucked but now it is pretty nice...and a free instant heal, why would you pass that up. SoM obviously a waste. 6/32/3 no brainer

Deleted
    I also see no use in having Tomb of light. I only tank heal in the odd heroic and Holy word: Sanctuary has a short enough CD for the times that I wish to use it already.
    You only tank heal, but you don't see a use for tome of light because Holy Word: Sanctuary has a short enough cd?

I love the new DP. I kept using it on reflexes back in 4.0.3, but it always disaapointed me massively. Right now, it covers a major part of my healing needs while farming. Which means I can use the mana on mind spike instead of flash heal. Me approve!

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    The spell that you use to enable a chakra state is affected by that state, so there's no penalty.
    As I said above, while it is true that the spell you cast to activate chakra is affected by the state, there is still the potential for a penalty. For example, let's say I'm running Sanctuary then I realize I'm getting low. Up to this point, I could activate it when it gets low and keep casting and I'd eventually reactivate it so, for example, I see I have 5s left so I activate it, but I throw a couple Renews until PoM is back off of CD to refresh. If I do that now, as I've grown accustomed to, and then realize PoM is on CD and PoH isn't really usable, then any Renews or CoHs I cast are now unbuffed. This is less of an issue with Serenity, since it activates off of more spells, but you do still lose access to Holy Words, so if you try to use that, you'll Chastise instead of heal.

A bit more troublesome, before, I could easily maintain Chakra by sufficient use of the appropriate spells, so I seldom needed to refresh it, so as long as I was throwing out enough PoHs and PoMs, I could throw in some Heals, GHs, BHs, etc. as needed. If I realize I need to refresh and then accidentally cast one of those, I get stuck in the wrong Chakra. In essence, before, I could deviate from the healing style a bit as needed, but as long as I stayed with it enough over a stretch, it wouldn't drop. Now I can activate it, do whatever the hell I want, but when it comes time to refresh, I'm forced to use one of the refreshing spells, even if they're not the ideal spell for that situation.

Sure, these are things that can be mitigated with proper planning, but it just seems to go against my understanding of the idea behind chakra, that we choose a style of healing, we stick to it, and we gain a buff for it. That I am not changing my style but can potentially lose that buff through a clunky refresh mechanic is just kind of silly. We should be rewarded for making proper use of Chakra, while not losing flexibility... that's the point, otherwise it's not really a whole lot different from a stance.

And on the SoR front, I just don't understand not getting it. Sure, the 5% Spirit was awesome before, but it's still worth it. When I do screw up, I like that it gives us a buffer and makes my death obvious to the raid for appropriate planning. When I die because someone else screwed up, that buffer is still there. When I get low on mana at the end of a progression fight, I can die deliberately and cast expensive spells for free to keep the tank up long enough to let DoTs and such tick. Sure, I don't screw up often, and when I die from other people's mistakes it's probably a wipe anyway, but it's also only a single point. You don't think that buffer when it matters most is worth 2% spell damage that probably gets healed up through AOE healing anyway? Sure, it's not a mandatory talent, but I still think it's one of the better optional ones.

I don't see the point of SoR. You get 1 extra talent point if you are picking up everything you should be. I choose to put that into DP now because a 40k instant, free self that can be used a few times in a fight sure beats SoR in my eyes. I still can't remember a single time this expansion when I have gone "wow SoR sure would of made the difference there"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RichL View Post
    ...but that's just sloppy as all hell. I'd rather wipe than get carried by SoR to be honest.
    my new trinket doesnt agree with you

I find it funny to see so many people commenting on having to choose between SoR, ToL and DP and such. I don't know where you invest your points in the Holy Tree, but I have all of them.

Current build (post 4.0.6 patch): Kaysha's talent build

Yes, I know I have a Glyph of Mass Dispel as well as a Glyph of Shadow Protection, which are meh at best ... still pondering whether I should change them, but can't really be bothered .

Renew talents > blessed resil + SoR

A pure raid healing spec would probably look something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfuMrokrkfzoh:zoa0q (with choice of open glyphs) with the last talent going into whatever you want.

I have found I barely cast the heals for SoL (only 2 procs on Nef 10m (kill), with 2 procs over 3 fights in 25s) and it's not really worth it in a pure raid healing sense.

I plan to adjust to this spec.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I guess that raid healing spec would make a lot sense for 25 mans. But in 10 mans even when assigned to raid healing you find yourself healing the tanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I guess that raid healing spec would make a lot sense for 25 mans. But in 10 mans even when assigned to raid healing you find yourself healing the tanks a lot.
    Yes but Sanc is going to be just as much if not more throughput for tank healing since it's not a big penalty to recast Renew now & you get a bonus 15% healing on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You only tank heal, but you don't see a use for tome of light because Holy Word: Sanctuary has a short enough cd?
    Sorry, maybe I should have explained myself better. I only tank heal in heroics because I am the only healer there so I have no choice. Even then I am in the aoe chakra most of the time. I very very rarely use Heal chakra.

Sorry, maybe I should have explained myself better. I only tank heal in heroics because I am the only healer there so I have no choice. Even then I am in the aoe chakra most of the time. I very very rarely use Heal chakra.
    You sit in AoE Chakra in heroic dungeons?

The tank can be kept up almost entirely by Heal if he's in any kind of gear at all, and if DPS are taking enough damage to warrant a chakra switch then they are playing poorly. With a few exceptions like Rajh and the last Tol'vir boss, I suppose.

Holy Word: Sanctuary is garbage, I've never used it in any of our raids except like once or twice during maloriak and chimaeron.
    Even with the mana reduction to renew, I don't see myself using it that much. Most of the time its just to add a prebuffer to a couple of people so I can PoH a different group than the ones I threw renew on.
    Last edited by Memoryz; 2011-02-11 at 07:00 PM.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Quote Originally Posted by Devotions View Post

The tank can be kept up almost entirely by Heal if he's in any kind of gear at all, and if DPS are taking enough damage to warrant a chakra switch then they are playing poorly. With a few exceptions like Rajh and the last Tol'vir boss, I suppose.
    EH you can stay in Sanc just for the Renew buff & CoH cooldown if mana is no issue

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    The people that don't appreciate the benefits of SoR are the same people that don't look at raiding as a team, rather a bunch of individuals.
    I have to agree, especially if you're working on progression content and don't have all encounters on farm status, which face it is 99% of us. There have been 2-3 first downing attempts for my guild where I've taken advantage of SoR either by dying unintentionally but also by dying on purpose when out of mana with 20 or so seconds left in the encounter. While it's obviously situational, for one talent point it's hardly not worth it over what you could pick up instead that could be as game breaking for your raid to down a new encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devotions View Post

Yup, my guild generally race through dungeons so that means hardly any cc and people pulling agro all the time so aoe healing is usually what I end up doing :P