Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    More units at school, more homework, more suffering, straight A's last semester. Looking for a repeat.

I graduated from Year 12 last year and stopped playing WoW for the second half of the year to focus on my grades and stuff, and if I hadn't, I wouldn't have graduated from Year 12. But other times I have taken a break (I tend to play on and off) not much has changed.

Since graduating Year 12 I've been looking for a full time job and boy is it hard! I've also found myself playing WoW heaps because I have nothing else to do and I have no friends (never had friends at all in school), but on the positive side, I've also found time to exercise of a morning and afternoon which is good because I'm overweight and can finally properly devote time to it.

The day i quit wow: First i was glad that i won at life, then sad discovering there was no achivement for this feat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stable relationship, gym 3-4 times a week, doing good at Uni and spending time with my friends and still playing, no need to quit if you know how to best spend your time.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

10+ Year Old Account
    I've achieved a lot by quitting WoW. So much that I still actively post on these forums. Because that makes so much sense.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well I play about an hour or 2 a day so not much would change for me.

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 09:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    And since when is TV time considered to be a very good way to achive things in RL ?
    Isn't achieving nothing the point of TV?

I haven't missed any assignments! Wutwut

The fact that you quit because you were bored doesnt grant you a pat on the back. You still let a video game come between you and your family. I feel sorry for them.

Deleted
    It's all about balance surely? Don't see there is anything wrong with playing WoW as long as you are not neglecting the rest of your life and it is possible to have a good rl and play WoW

Deleted
    I'm finishing my studies with good grades. Got a part-time job. Started working out. Play guitar a lot, omw to start up a band with friends. Picked up the piano as well. Watched a ton of movies that I've fallen behind on. Played some other games.

Oh, and I still play wow. I'm just not weird enough to have to stop to prevent it from affecting me in a bad way <.< Raiding is fun mkay.

Invented Toothpaste, went back in time and stopped Shakespeare from writing
    the script to "Two and A Half Men" season 11, built a castle made out of cookies.

Then I woke up, took a shower, and cradled back and forth in the tub with severe abstinence pain.

i have not achieved anything since quitting wow
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

when i first stopped 2 years ago at abt this time, i managed to get my grades at uni back to max very fast. now i noticed raiding and doing the daily chores in wow takes up allot of my time again, so i decided to call it quits after half a decade of playing. im hoping to have allot more time to focus on my studies and do some sports to get back into shape

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    i have a great job, im in college, i have bought a car and im in a stable relationship.

oh wait, i have/do all the above and i still play wow/raid, must be cause i have self control and can actually stop myself from playing if i have work or an exam to study for.

lol@ ppl blaming blizzard for wasting there time. its like a fat person suing mcdonalds cause they can't keep there mouth closed for more then 5min.

No im not trolling, im just expressing how i feel about this thread. quote from a wow tip ''Take everything in moderation(even World of Warcraft!)
    Pretty much this! Maintaining a real life outside of wow is not hard if you dont have some sort of anti-social mental illness or the likes.

Deleted
    I get bored more, that's literally the only difference, I quit expecting miracles after an unfortunate break up a while back, but all it did was make me realise that those 6-7 hours I played when I had nowhere to be on a Sunday did nothing to impact my life, I still have a good job, I'm now in a new and exciting relationship which has been inevitable for a while, regardless of wow, and all that happens is I'll occasionally have nothing to do for the evening, or on a Sunday.

I recently reactivated my account in fact, although I'm busy for the next
    few weeks, ill begin levelling when a time arises.
    Last edited by mmoc938eb18a14; 2011-02-14 at 11:27 AM.