Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I'll QQ when I want and how I want. That being said, the wording in the changes could easily be changed to make it a bit more understandable.
    Please enlighten me on how the could be made more understandable.

Restoration
    Cleansing Waters now has a 6 sec cooldown, up from 0.5 sec.
    vs
    Pretty sure it doesn't get more understandable than that considering you can hover over the ability in the link there and it shows a comparison of both the old and new versions of the spells and exactly what they do.

It honestly just sounds like what someone before me mentioned, that you goofed and refuse to admit that you just failed to read and/or don't know the names of your abilities and/or you were too lazy to hover over the link.

You dun goofed, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    why have they increased the CD of shammy dispel when every other healers dispel mechanic has none?
    did you actually read the talent? it heals and the dispel heal will only proc every 6 sec again a PvP reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

So I crunched some numbers and found this really interesting regarding the Shaman change. A holy priest friend of mine with similar gear as my restoration shaman with a glyphed Dispel Magic will heal on average for 5k a dispel. My resto shaman was healing for about 6k. This data was mined out of our Argaloth fights and using World of Logs.

So now in a period of 6 seconds my priest friend and I will be able to cast our respective dispel three times each. The priest will heal 15k health in that time period through Dispel Magic alone. However, the shaman will only heal for 6k health. On top of this, the priest's Dispel Magic will remove 2 magic debuffs to the one that the Shaman will remove.

Now, the cost of the priest's Dispel Magic is slightly more expensive than Cleanse Spirit is, 16% base mana to 14% base mana, but hardly enough to justify the priest's dispel being better than the shaman's. I really hope they lower the cooldown on Cleansing Waters or allow Improved Clense Spirit to remove 2 harmful effects much like the priest's Dispel Magic does. I guess the third option would be to lower the cost of the spell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurede View Post
    now seriously....necrotic strike nerf.......u oughta be kidding me!!!!

already we are suffering thnx to rage of rivendare and now this shit???
    Did they even mention Necrotic Strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge View Post
    That could be really and not really new changes.
    The same could be said about official ptr notes. Unless of course you're talking about waiting for official patch day notes.

Yo, we heard yall death knights be doin some moderate dps, we cant be havin that.
    So heres a 33% dmg nurf, its only because we love you.
    -blizz

So I crunched some numbers and found this really interesting regarding the Shaman change. A holy priest friend of mine with similar gear as my restoration shaman with a glyphed Dispel Magic will heal on average for 5k a dispel. My resto shaman was healing for about 6k. This data was mined out of our Argaloth fights and using World of Logs.

So now in a period of 6 seconds my priest friend and I will be able to cast our respective dispel three times each. The priest will heal 15k health in that time period through Dispel Magic alone. However, the shaman will only heal for 6k health. On top of this, the priest's Dispel Magic will remove 2 magic debuffs to the one that the Shaman will remove.

Now, the cost of the priest's Dispel Magic is slightly more expensive than Cleanse Spirit is, 16% base mana to 14% base mana, but hardly enough to justify the priest's dispel being better than the shaman's. I really hope they lower the cooldown on Cleansing Waters or allow Improved Clense Spirit to remove 2 harmful effects much like the priest's Dispel Magic does. I guess the third option would be to lower the cost of the spell as well.

Fuckoff blizzard, idiots, why in hell would you even Touch cleanse Waters, it's pretty much our only ability useable vs frost mages >.>

Cya wow, sub canceled

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruudax View Post
    Druid bear mastery change:
    30,000 AP ( Presuming Vengeance scaling ) x 35% = 10,500

So do they absorb 10,500 over the 7 second period a bit like Blood Shield and PW:S or do they reduce each hit on them over that 7 second period by 10,500 regardless?

BTW I used these numbers purely as an example
    It'll be like the blood shield, except consecutive SD procs probably won't stack (though an SD proc is probably bigger than a single DS shield, which will stack).

The significance of this change is that currently, if you have 15k SD shield and an unfortunately aggro'd critter hits you for 1hp, the SD shield will be removed, having absorbed said 1hp damage; this makes bear AoE trash damage taken very high. Instead, the bear will have a shield which will absorb up to the SD amount for the next 10 seconds, hopefully with another SD shield proc'ing shortly for more absorbs.

Bah. Nevermind. Arms change was just a tooltip change.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KinU69 View Post
    Savage defense has the same mechanic ...difference is that now it blocks spell dmg also ... it will still go off after 1 point of dmg
    SD as noted above, SD will have a completely different mechanic, and like other tank masteries, will most likely NOT block spell damage. Considering that bears already take less spell damage than any other class (between 12% reduction of all damage from PotP and the 6% magic damage reduction from Perseverance) (and yes I realize currently warriors take less trash magic damage, but end-game is more concerned about boss damage which is typically not reflectable, and AoE is definitely not reflectable), giving them an absorb that works on magic too would be more than even the ardent bear-lovers like me would ask for, or want - we want to be asked to tank because we are good players, not just because we're playing "the right class".

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post

A) Are you accounting for the mana reducing aspect of Cleansing Waters?
    B) Your dispell removes a Magic and a Curse where as a priest's removes two magic (which is useless on Argaloth) and would have to use another GCD to cast Cure Disease.
    C) They should change the glyph so it only heals if it removes a magic effect. Only reason it heals for more is because it's percentage based which means, in your logs depending on how you sorted it, it will heal for a lot more on tanks than anything.
    D) Looking at the math, the average player in PvP will have 120k hp and roughly the same in PvE which would cause the priest's dispel to heal for 3600 (3% of 120k). If it's effect by healing talents and such it could heal for more.
    E) Shaman's cleanse cost is going to be roughly 1312 with talents while a priest's dispel magic is going to be roughly 3200. There's your reduced cost of the spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously blizz?
    6sec cd on cleansing waters? buff too arcane mages?
    way 2 go.

disappointed as fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Can they stop with the friggen DK nerf's...

In 2 patches (+hotfixes), we've gone from near topping meters, to the bottom (estimating).

At least we should be buffed again by the time 4.2 comes around...

Look on world of logs and look at all the top dpsers, dks are not even close to being top, excluding one fight heroic Nef. So my question is why do dks need more nerfing ?

Cleansing waters is now completely worthless outside of PvP....GG blizz.

Good thing I rolled a pally.

PS: Isnt everyone kinda sick of the one button wonder arcane mages? Why is blizz encouraging this?
    Last edited by morbidjbyrd; 2011-03-30 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
    Restoration

Aaaaaaaaaaaand im canceling my subscription
    Cya

Have fun not reading anything in your none wow life too

why have they increased the CD of shammy dispel when every other healers dispel mechanic has none?
    its not adding a CD to the dispel its adding a CD to the heal procced by the dispel if you talented into Cleansing Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Alpaca View Post
    Fucking seriously? Savage defense change. Umm OP? I wonder if it scales with Vengeance.
    the 35% of AP absorb mechanic is exactly how it works on live now, the only thing changing is now its a 10 second physical shield as opposed to working on the next attack only, its not gonna be OP and buff single target bear survivability, its supposed to buff AOE survivability

Deleted
    They did not put a cd on shamans' dispel, only the extra heal will have a cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
    Restoration

Aaaaaaaaaaaand im canceling my subscription
    Can't win arena matches doing nothing but spam dispelling your teammates?

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I am one happy warlock today.

Edited to add: Yeah, what the guy above me said. They could dispel dots and completely ignore the silence.