Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do Hunters has better pet management than us?

Let's see
    1. Talents
    2. All kind of different pet own skills
    3. Much better scaling?
    4. Stable/call pet
    5. etc.

As i see it, both classes are true pet classes, only we are casters while hunters are phisical rdps. Why do they have more refined(and interesting) pet management and we don't?

Because hunters are friends with their pets and warlocks force them to do their bidding.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..Because we're HUNTERS, ..we ..actually tame them and be good friends but let's see

1. ..We have a whole spec dedicated to it (BM, Demonology is decent, but..really if you think about it, all we have is shooting and pet, you have pets and a lot of debuffs and mechanics.)
    2.. ..and you don't? Sure we have more and more types of skills but honestly...If there was only 5 animals in WoW, we'd complain too, I really hope you get a "Tame Demon" spell one day
    3. ..Bullshit, your pets are scaled pretty decently, ours become pretty small..I wish they were bigger sometimes
    4..eh..you can just summon and un-summon your pets..it makes no sense you'd complain about it.
    5. I know, we're awsum. Sorry.. I really wish they fix it one day for you, but for now Hunters are more intrested in pets then Warlocks, Warlocks are all about debuffs..
    Howay the lads!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Because hunters are friends with their pets and warlocks force them to do their bidding.
    We don't really "force" them, i'm pretty sure one of them just has a contract.

Deleted
    It's all they got. A ranged weapon and their pet. You got all kinds of wicked abilities to dominate a battle, all they do is act as full fledged support in PvP. In PvE, however, I get your sense of reason. But that aside...

I think it would be totally cool and awesome if Warlocks chose their demons like Hunters chose their pets. I had this idea long ago (Back when Soul Shards were still used):

Enslave Demon: Enslaves a demon from the game world. Depending on which type of Demon it will carry equivalent abilities to match the type. Once summoned, the effect is permanent, and the Demon is stored within a Soulshard when active or idle. A total of 5 infused soulshards may be carried at a time with each their demon. To release a demon, simply delete the soulshard.

Ofcourse with the new system it'd have to be a bit diffrent, but I always thought the idea was good. I mean, the current Enslave Demon is pretty fun in it's own way, but.. rather pointless, is'nt it? I mean, first of all it's weaker than its fellow demons around it, so you can't expect it to be very usefull when fighting those. And in addition, it's time limited. Not too awesome, if I must say so.

So here's to hoping Warlocks get a more fun and dynamic demon system in the future. But untill then, don't hate on the Hunters for having that previledge. It's all they got...

You think we have a pretty decent pet management til your pet decides by itself to attack some enemy faction player and make guard npcs maul your face.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly as a hunter i would give up all my pets and their "ability's" for decent class mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyote View Post
    Honestly as a hunter i would give up all my pets and their "ability's" for decent class mechanics.
    Then you can't play a hunter right.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally wished pets scaled worse so less of our dps would be baked into them.. In terms of pve, I really dislike being so reliant on pet damage. Huge disadvantage at times and rarely puts you at an advantage.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Warlocks are more about the lock and less about the pet. If we wanted more pet abilities, we'd have less warlock abilities.

...and on a side note Lillah... if you don't like playing a warlock with a pet you're getting dangerously close to being a Mage. I mean, a destruction lock without a pet would be... more or less a different version of a fire mage, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    Because Warlocks are more about the lock and less about the pet. If we wanted more pet abilities, we'd have less warlock abilities.

...and on a side note Lillah... if you don't like playing a warlock with a pet you're getting dangerously close to being a Mage. I mean, a destruction lock without a pet would be... more or less a different version of a fire mage, right?
    Its funny you state that if someone doesn't like playing a warlock with a pet its dangerously close to being a mage while saying locks are more about the warlock and less about the pet. Warlocks are everything about the pet, without it they would be another mage class. The overall defining theme for warlocks is demon summoners aka a pet class. Despite many specs having pets and many having guardians there are still only two pet classes in WoW. Hunters and Warlocks.

I do agree that demon pets are a little lacking at times and despite having niche utilities are also not as fun as hunters. A little help is coming when they release male and female demon forms. Hopefully its part of a large demon re-working and offers more customization then just gender.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you mistook that a bit. What I was referring to was the fact that warlocks are more about the warlock where as hunters are more about the pet. While I do think that demons are 'a' defining characteristic of our class, I think warlocks have a bit more depth to the caster and hunters have a bit more depth to the pet. They're not both meant to be clones of each other with talents, etc. That was all.
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2011-07-07 at 05:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    I think you mistook that a bit. What I was referring to was the fact that warlocks are more about the warlock where as hunters are more about the pet.
    The only difference between warlock and hunters skillset is that hunters have a choice with their pets. Warlocks don't have more non-pet stuff just because they have less pet choices. Just as hunters don't have less non-pet stuff just because they have a more pet choices.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Warlock pets are under a contract to fight for the warlock - AKA, just like any worker, they still have some free will.

HUnter pets are companions, and trust their companion completely - AKA, they follow every command.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock, your pet isn't your pal, he's your slave. It's the relationship between the pet and master that really separates the two. Locks are all about dark magic, enslaving shit, and doing whatever nasty business it takes to get the job done. They don't give a shit about their minions. Remember the voidwalker ability called sacrifice that (if I remember correctly) used to flat out kill your pet in order to put up a shield? Yeah, that's how warlocks roll.

On the other hand, there's a BM talent called Kindred Spirits. Don't think really much more needs to be said, to be honest. The warlock class is about the warlock itself and pets are just enslaved, bitter demons, whereas the hunter class considers the pet as more of a companion (or a level 5 best friend until Blizzard became heartless dicks and took it out).
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2011-07-07 at 05:53 AM.

Deleted
    Well.. it cannot be expressed in words, you have to roll a hunter to get answers to your questions.

Pet scaling is pretty much the same for both classes.
    We can both insta summon our pets now.
    The mechanisms for controlling our pets AI are the same.

The ONLY difference is the pets themselves and that hunters have a larger variety to choose from. Warlock pets have larger spell lists though. So, in a sense, we don't need a variety of pets. Plus we have 2 pretty cool Guardians now.

The general toolkit of abilities for hunter pets is spread over the families so each pet has fewer real spells. (outside of talents)

So all in all Id say we are pretty close to each other, and I play both a BM hunter and Demo warlock.

I do wish they would give warlocks a "barbershop" for our minion skins though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    On the other hand, there's a BM talent called Kindred Spirits. Don't think really much more needs to be said, to be honest. The warlock class is about the warlock itself and pets are just enslaved, bitter demons, whereas the hunter class considers the pet as more of a companion (or a level 5 best friend until Blizzard became heartless dicks and took it out).
    That argument never really works. So a hunters pet likes being beat on by everything? And forced around the world just because him and a hunter like each other? Hunters use magic to "tame" the animals. Warlocks use magic to "bind" the demons. Remember warlocks pretty much summon the same demon as they keep a name.

Not to mention the part about the VW sacrifice is offset by the existence of health funnel, using my own health to heal a demon "I don't give a crap about". Either way warlocks and hunters abuse their pets by sending them into "bad" situations. The only real difference is that the demons likely enjoy it and don't care while the the animals likely have feelings.

10 second pet resurrection

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    Personally wished pets scaled worse so less of our dps would be baked into them.. In terms of pve, I really dislike being so reliant on pet damage. Huge disadvantage at times and rarely puts you at an advantage.
    That is very true.