Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Anyone else unhappy about Pandas?

The whole thing is a big mistake if you ask me.

First of all, the name. Pandaria It has the word Panda in it. We all know what a panda is. It's a unique animal, that only lives in China.

How does this fit into WOW universe? Yeah ok they were a sideshow in WC3, but to make them the them for a whole expansion?

They are basically going to be freaking teddy bears. It's way too cutesy and doesn't fit well within the WOW universe, the more I think about it the more I hate it.

I'd be ok with pandarea being a single zone, and the panda men being an npc faction within that zone (like the tuskarr). But they've named the whole expansion after them.

I can see it now, everything is going to have a Chinese theme, and cute pot belly teddy bears everywhere.

Maybe the 5th expansion will be called the red sands of Australia, with koalas and kangaroos as the new playable races..

I don't hate the idea, but if Pandarens become a playable race I'll quit.

Deleted
    I think Blizz knows what they are doing. They haven't made a single crappy expansion (they made some less awesome than another, but overall still awesome). If there is a good story, the zones makes sense and the endboss isn't some lame panda than I couldn't see anythng wrong with it.

Actually there are approximately 0 people unhappy about pandas.

Yes, pandaren are like man-bears. And tauren are man-cows.

None of your points are valid or applicable.

I just got trolled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I think Blizz knows what they are doing. They haven't made a single crappy expansion (they made some less awesome than another, but overall still awesome). If there is a good story, the zones makes sense and the endboss isn't some lame panda than I couldn't see anythng wrong with it.
    I LoL at that Cata has been so bad comparied to BC and WoTLK in all aspects of the game.

Deleted
    Judging from the fandumb, yes, there are loads of people unhappy about pandas. But those who are, are mostly trolls who claim to be (or are) unhappy about everything.
    I, for one, welcome our new panda overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend, with no details at all and just a title my thoughts are the same. Sounds like a game that is trying to appeal to a even younger crowd. I could be way off but so far the whole panda theme doesn't soumd vary warcraft like. Meh.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-08-03 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    I LoL at that Cata has been so bad comparied to BC and WoTLK in all aspects of the game.
    Naxxramas and 2 one boss raids vs BWD/BOT/To4W. Your argument is invalid.

I hope that if you kill them in pvp you can skin them to make fancy socks and cloaks

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post

First of all, the name. Pandaria It has the word Panda in it. We all know what a panda is. It's a unique animal, that only lives in China.

How does this fit into WOW universe? Yeah ok they were a sideshow in WC3, but to make them the them for a whole expansion?

They are basically going to be freaking teddy bears. It's way too cutesy and doesn't fit well within the WOW universe, the more I think about it the more I hate it.

I'd be ok with pandarea being a single zone, and the panda men being an npc faction within that zone (like the tuskarr). But they've named the whole expansion after them.

I can see it now, everything is going to have a Chinese theme, and cute pot belly teddy bears everywhere.

Maybe the 5th expansion will be called the red sands of Australia, with koalas and kangaroos as the new playable races..
    First of all it aint confirmed that there will be a pandaren expansion, and you can read on WoWiki that Pandarens got alot of lore in World of warcraft.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

lol, we don't know if it's real or not.
    And we don't know what the thing is if it is.
    relax
    Some would say Wild Mushrooms are like landmines. I see them as atomic bombs on a ten second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Grease View Post
    Naxxramas and 2 one boss raids vs BWD/BOT/To4W. Your argument is invalid.
    they probably did naxx but failed at BWD and BOT so they create a false argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    I don't hate the idea, but if Pandarens become a playable race I'll quit.
    People quite over such rediculous reasons nowadays
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Heck NO, been waitin for this for a long time now !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Total opinion. My favorite expansion.

We only got one thing, and that is a name. And it's epic, because there nothing about Pandaria at all in lore, which gives one thing:

A place where Blizzard can create total new lore and awesomeness.

Also, there is nothing here that couldn't be in the main thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-of-Pandaria-!

Dont see the big deal.

I wont mind if they are integrated well, and I wouldnt see them being omnipresent in the entire expansion.

Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post

Who the fuck says that they will add pandas as playable race, its just the name of the expansion. Did Burning crusade give you crusaders to play with? was it about christians crusading in the expansion. No it wasn't. It may just be that pandarian lands or the great sea is the point of the expansion now stop assuming the that you need to be chcristian in order to play burning crusade, and that the next expansion has pandas as playable race

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    they probably did naxx but failed at BWD and BOT so they create a false argument.
    The only bad part about BWD and BoT is we had to do them for 8 months. You're trying too hard to hate cataclysm.

i want that class in the game
    will be awesome imo ive been hoping for this

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say I'm unhappy but I think it's a stupid idea.