Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    13>9>10>the rest. The only one I really didn't enjoy was 12.

I've played 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12. The only one I absolutely hated and cannot even play without wanting to stab my eyes out is 12. Such a pointless, terrible game. The fighting system is awful: when you can set up the game to PLAY ITSELF, fully automated, and defeat bosses that way... Then you have a serious problem. So terrible.

But this is about favourite. I'm really going to have to go with 7. Such fond memories of that game: one of my first proper RPGs, spent so long playing that game in my youth. I also love 9 and really need to replay 8 at some point. 10 was lots of fun too, with Blitzball taking up a lot of my time. 3 I got on the DS because it was cheap, and it was quite fun too. Nowhere near the level of the later ones though.

Special mention goes to Dissidia and Dissidia 2 tho. Great games, taken up a lot of my time. Lots of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Mystic Quest. The music was badass.
    >.> I think I understand saying that it wasn't completely horrible.. but to say it was the best? That is going a bit far.

Anyway.. for me it'd probably be either 3, 4, 6 or 12. I do love 7 to death, but I guess with all the attention the world of 7 recieved with spin-offs and the movie it just leaves the original looking a little rough in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Deleted
    Final Fantasy 1, 6 and 10 where the best for me

I've played every FF game and even bought FF1 for the NES the first week it came out (I'm old as hell). FF3 (SNES) or 6 as they call it now, is hands down the best RPG ever created. The game came out in like 1993, but even today games dont have the depth or character development. The story was way ahead of its time as well, and the soundtrack was epic.

The whole game/artwork/story was totally original and still is in 2011.

I still remember the scene where Edgar and Sabin flip the coin like it was yesterday... Genji Glove + Offering = OP, killing Shadow by not waiting for him on the airship, etc
    Last edited by bigsandwich732; 2011-10-07 at 01:57 PM.

I've played 1, 4, 6, 7, 12, 13.

Ranked 6, 7, 4, 13, 1, 12

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    I've played every FF game and even bought FF1 for the NES the first week it came out (I'm old as hell). FF3 (SNES) or 6 as they call it now, is hands down the best RPG ever created. The game came out in like 1993, but even today games dont have the depth or character development. The story was way ahead of its time as well, and the soundtrack was epic.

The whole game/artwork/story was totally original and still is in 2011.

I still remember the scene where Edgar and Sabin flip the coin like it was yesterday... Genji Glove + Offering = OP, killing Shadow by not waiting for him on the airship, etc
    This old person knows what they're talking about. I played from 4 (2 ENG) on, and I can attest to what he says. I'm not OLD (23), but old enough to have played these. Unfortunately, most people started with 7, so their nostalgia takes them to 7 for 'the best', whereas we know the game before it was uh...wait for it...may...wait for it again...zing. AMAZING. It was ahead of its time, just as I was to be able to look back, mature as I am, and say it still is the best. If they ever make a game like it with an updates graphics engine and such, I'd be all over it (PRAYING they don't destroy what I loved about the original).

I cannot find my FF3 for the SNES though, it saddens me.

@Evilest/funniest villain laugh ever? Click at own risk of loudness/etc. (I think it may be super loud. At work so cannot tell)
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-07 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played 3,4,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2 and Tactics.

I have a deep love for both 10 and 9, but they are all awesome in their own way.

Unfortunately my Playstation 2 died due to over use old age a while ago and I've not got around to buying a PS3 or a PSP yet. And I lost my FF3 cartridge a while ago, so I only have 4 and Tactics to play on my DS.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

mystic quest/adventure depending if you're from EU/USA.

Final Fantasy 7 by far.

Deleted
    Hmm well the first Final Fantasy title I played and completed was VIII. I love the characters and the story. However I think X comes first because I loved so much about the game on the whole. I just loved all the characters (aside from Wakka, annoying much? lol). Lulu was by far my fave character in it. Naughty characters wise I loved Seymour and Yunalesca.
    I loved the story, the battle style, the endgame bonuses etc. So for me X is my all time favourite, closely followed by VIII. I also love the soundtracks for X & VIII best too.
    I cannot wait for the HD version of X thats coming out for PS3. ^^
    (Wow I spammed love alot in this post. xD )
    Last edited by mmocf0a0b6153b; 2011-10-07 at 02:42 PM.

I haven't played all FF but most of what I played was good. I cant really say I got a favorite but from what I played. FF7 is good but overrated in many ways, FF8 is good but lacks in battle system and char being balanced. FF9 is good but could use more side quests. FF10 is good but lacks the exploration part and char uniqueness. FF12 is good but the "chance loot" is a let down. FF13 is good but lacks in exploration and having everything requiring "money/gold" in someway. FF7 DoC is okay and fun but most wouldnt consider it a FF^.^ FFX-2 is okay but lacks in alot of ways.

I quite like FF13.

A bit too linear until you hit Chapter 11, but the gameplay and graphics were utterly amazing. Hopefully FF13-2 will improve on the linearity, but nothing else really needs to be changed imo.

Hands down, Seven.

Sephiroth is in the pantheon of video game baddie Gods - worshipped by many.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    7, 8 and Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    I quite like FF13.

A bit too linear until you hit Chapter 11, but the gameplay and graphics were utterly amazing. Hopefully FF13-2 will improve on the linearity, but nothing else really needs to be changed imo.
    I liked FF13 myself as well. I agree the gameplay is amazing along with the graphics. Looking forward for FF13-2 also. But it wouldnt hurt to fix that money thing. Alot of turtles to be killed....and to add some exploration of course.

I've played 1 (nes and the reissue), 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, tactics, and tactics advance

My personal favorites are 8 and tactics.

8's junction and guardian force (GF) system were really great. I loved that the GF system allowed you to determine a character's stats (because based on the GF you equipped the character would gain +1 to some stat per level up), I realize 6 had a somewhat similar system, but I felt like 8 pulled it off better. Junctioning was quite detailed and allowed for a lot of freedom in choice making. Another thing that sets 8 apart from the rest is that it had INTERACTIVE LIMIT BREAKS!!! how amazing. All in all I felt like 8 allowed you (the player) to really determine your characters' stats and strengths.

Tactics is clearly different than your "typical" FF game, but wow it's a wonderful game. Similarly to 8 it gives the player complete control over character development. Tactics also requires thinking about synergies and which job classes complement each other. My one complaint about tactics is the faith exploit where you can lower your faith to zero and render magic useless.

10+ Year Old Account

Angry

Ok.. I'll bite (even though I made this exact thread, but with a poll option that caught flak, like a month ago)

FF3 (SNES)
    FFT (PSX)
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by Icanproveit View Post
    I've played 1 (nes and the reissue), 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, tactics, and tactics advance

My personal favorites are 8 and tactics.

8's junction and guardian force (GF) system were really great. I loved that the GF system allowed you to determine a character's stats (because based on the GF you equipped the character would gain +1 to some stat per level up), I realize 6 had a somewhat similar system, but I felt like 8 pulled it off better. Junctioning was quite detailed and allowed for a lot of freedom in choice making. Another thing that sets 8 apart from the rest is that it had INTERACTIVE LIMIT BREAKS!!! how amazing. All in all I felt like 8 allowed you (the player) to really determine your characters' stats and strengths.
    Sorry mate I have to disagree with "part of the customization" thing and stats. Most Magic was useless in 8 because of the stats they are assigned to, others were useless because they just were(low dmg or so) and ofc there is some good magics (I dont remember their names). Its always better to leave your Char as low as possible in lvl so you can get more benifit of BONUS stat+. And with the interactive limits, FF13 beats it in that by being "interactive battle". So FF8 does lack in battle. GF are nice but not enough to cover for the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Kingdom Hearts count? No?

Well then I would say VII and X. Probably in that order.