Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Let's see if Blizzard has the balls to ban Paragon.

I'm betting not.

edit: waiting for fanboys to come in with "creative use of game mechanics"
    Considering tons of raiding guilds are doing it, I doubt they're going to start shelling out a flurry of banhammers. Especially not at this point with subs down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    What are you talking about?
    There is no exploiting.
    LFR bosses can drop random tier pieces.
    We're referring to this:

Also the looking for raid system is being exploited by all the top guilds at the moment. Originally it was intended that you could only loot each boss once per week however if you run the raid with 24 people that 'cannot' loot due to having previously looted and one *new* guy that can loot all the bosses he can simply pass on the loot whilst the other raid members port out and back in allowing them to loot the corpse of the boss. So you simply rotate the 25th member with someone that can loot all the bosses each run.

Reading a thread first is generally solid advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    What are you talking about? It's not only Paragon doing this, more or less every world 100+ Guild is doing the exact same thing at the moment. They would have to ban ALOT of people
    OK, let me rephrase that
    Let's see if Blizzard has the balls to ban the top guilds that are doing

I'm betting not.

edit: waiting for fanboys to come in with "creative use of game mechanic".

Does that change my statement except expanding the targets?

If they ban the people doing this. Gonna be some guilds coming out of the blue getting heroic world firsts lol.

if they do not want do, they do not want do, please move along, the children wane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    What are you talking about? It's not only Paragon doing this, more or less every world 100+ Guild is doing the exact same thing at the moment. They would have to ban ALOT of people
    Not even top 100. There are average guilds on my server doing it to gear up 4 set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    What are you talking about?
    There is no exploiting.
    LFR bosses can drop random tier pieces.
    The random pieces dropping isn't what is being exploited.

It's the leaving/disconnecting -> coming back online and getting the loots and not getting locked out for the next attempt in LFR.

I call shenangians

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Let's see them all (yes, all the guilds who did it) getting the loot removed and something like a one week suspension.
    There's really no "we didn't know" excuses to be made in this case.
    I agree. In my opinion these guilds should know better, and Blizzard should come down hard. Maybe lock any and all players who took part in the exploit out of Heroic mode till Heroic Madness of Deathwing is downed by another guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    And what would be the point of having subpar gear for heroic T13, please tell me?
    384 is still inferior to 391/397 in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    I agree. In my opinion these guilds should know better, and Blizzard should come down hard. Maybe lock any and all players who took part in the exploit out of Heroic mode till Heroic Madness of Deathwing is downed by another guild.
    They won't do that. The best thing realistically expected from blizzard is just getting all of their LFR items removed, again at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    And what would be the point of having subpar gear for heroic T13, please tell me?
    +

the point is that some 384 trinkets are better than the T12 BiS (especially for casters who still used DMC:V for example) and that even when being 384 item level, the T13 Setboni are alot better than the T12 ones (even though those are higher item level).
    Last edited by Jainzar; 2011-12-02 at 06:30 AM.

The T13 4 sets are pretty amazing for many classes/specs. Better than their 391 gear. And they want those bonuses going into next week's hard mode race.

you're wrong in many cases.

With extra sockets, 384 are comparable to 391s, if not flat out better than 391, depending on how much your class values primary stats.

Some classes' 2p and 4p are so powerful that even IF their 384 is a slight downgrade, it's worth it.

edit: hell just use some common sense, why would they run the place 15 times on their mains to do things if they are not upgrades? If you're talking about alts you can fit them in under 5 runs.
    Last edited by david0925; 2011-12-02 at 06:27 AM.

They are exploiting LFR with a full guild group that is all saved to that raid. Nobody can roll on the loot, so after everyone autopasses, people can just pick up the loot from the boss like its FFA loot.

This is worse than what Ensidia did to get banned in WOTLK. There are also a lot of top 100 guilds who didn't use this exploit, and will probably petition for bans of some degree. It will be interesting to see what Blizz does.

Deleted
    It maybe is an upgrade, but that still won't make them kill Ultraxxion first week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlo View Post
    This is worse than what Ensidia did to get banned in WOTLK. There are also a lot of top 100 guilds who didn't use this exploit, and will probably petition for bans of some degree. It will be interesting to see what Blizz does.
    I'd rather compare it to Exodus' yogg0 kill (though this is still less severe. In the case of Ensidia's lk25normal kill there was no doubt that they knew something was bugged but there is still a reasonable chance that they didn't know exactly what was causing it.

It maybe is an upgrade, but that still won't make them kill Ultraxxion first week.
    These are complete separate arguments. It may or may not help them kill Ultraxxion because we don't know how easy or hard he is

Maybe he's so hard that these gear pieces will not get them a kill, but they are closer.
    Maybe he's so easy that you just roflstomp them

The issue right now is that the system is being gamed.

Pth, I bet Blizzard won't have the balls to do anything about it.