Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    dont unless you want an easier PvE MMO than wow, swtor was just as bad as wow is about mashing buttons for dps or tanks dunno how it is as a healer though, and there is no reason to move out of fire on the floor cause if ur targeted ur getting hit anyway

This is the worst, least informed, advice I have seen in regards to swtor.

Energy regen is tiered.

If you spam abilities you will run out of energy and it will barely regen and your raid will wipe.

3/4ths of the classes in the game use energy.

Also, if you don't move out of fire in the first raid you die. So... yeah. Please continue to move out of fire. We have all seen the streams where the damage from aoe was too high and they all wiped repeatedly.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Goddamn, so many WoW sycophants just babbling on about why WoW is great, while putting SW:TOR down. Time to deploy countermeasures.

See that dip? That is Cataclysm. Your god is having some serious trouble, compared to previous sales. Enjoy the revelation.

On topic; WoW and SW:TOR are both great games and you should pick what you enjoy the most. SW:TOR is something new to the MMO scene and many enjoy it a lot already. In my opinion though, I'd pick SW:TOR. It has a focus on story and action that I look for in my games. I can play with the friends I like, while enjoying a story that tries to pull me in, along with challenging, enjoyable combat.

However, if you do not end up liking SW:TOR, Guild Wars 2 is also coming out perhaps next year, and that will be free. In the end, it is your decision to make, not anyone here.

ow look, another "make up my mind for me" threads.

Dont people ever bother to think for themselves anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cares if you leave. Thats like caring everytime someone in newyork dies.

Deleted
    If your here asking the question then i assume you have already quit or are indeed bored, your question is invalid

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    ow look, another "make up my mind for me" threads.

Dont people ever bother to think for themselves anymore?
    Ofcourse not, they have Blizzard for that.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Please email customer support at Blizzard, they will tell you what to do. They already have for 6 years now.

find a more casual guild in wow and raid 2-3 times per week normal and 1-2 heroic easy boss..rest of the time play swtor.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectzen View Post
    Play RTS and see if you can hang with the big boys and only show up to WoW at raid times. Eventually you will like the freedom and still be able to 1x a week full clear casual in ur guild
    Any fantasy RTS you recommend? I have no interest in starcraft or command and conquer.

Keeping the wife happy should be reason enough

Deleted
    now wow is around 9,5 and 10 mil. not 12 :P picture is wrong

If it makes your wife happy, and you can play at the same pace as her... do it. Unless you use games as your escape time in the first place.

Deleted
    If you enjoy WoW then don't quit. If your not enjoying it then leave. Pretty simple I'd deffinatly advise trying swtor and seeing if it appeals to you.

Deleted
    Don't get all the "whatever you like more/make up your own mind"-posters.

He has given a solid background - hardcore-pve - and asked why he should change games (read what does swtor offer me over wow).

If you can't give any mechanical reasons to play it (deeper talent system, interesting new class choices, more challenging raids etc.) i would assume its just another rift (aka crappy overhyped carbon-copy). I read some reasons for RPGler (pretty much the KotR-aspect) and some generic to-a-hardcore-gamer-unintersting stuff (newer game = newer graphics => not old). You can do better.

PS: And btw Blizzard is reknown for stealing stuff - but here comes the kicker - they improve upon that.

be a man and convince yourself. =) Not sure how you can continue going on in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Chewbacca
    Han Solo
    R2-D2
    Luke Skywalker
    Darth Vader
    Princess Leia
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Star Wars. Probably the best sci-fi saga ever made.
    That comment is insulting to the whole genre. You just made Frank Herbert roll over in his grave.

The original Star Wars was excellent, but I highly doubt you were even alive when it came out or before it was heavy edited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reverse psychology, keep playing WoW.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    quit it wow is dieing !!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    *The PvE is comparable to WoW hardmodes, apparently. At least according to a statement by the Irae AoD guild who was in the beta, one of the top EU guilds in WoW.
    If this is the case, the game will fail, big time, after non-HC types get tired of leveling.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Booomy View Post
    I have played wow for 6 years. I am in a top tier heroic progression guild. SWToR seems like it may finally be a reason to quit wow.

Convince me

Go play SWTOR, the game will convince you.