Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't lose any sleep I'd be a bit hurt though but I still have Tera online, Phantasy star online 2, and blade and soul.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

The prob is wow set a high standard and made alot of money and still do so company's want some of that pie and try make it close to wow etc i hope it is good at mo playing on mmos for me is meh !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhyler View Post
    Agreed, and people who spend 200days played+++ in one game, then try another for 12 hours need to realise they never even gave the second one a chance. Almost all mmos start at max level, cause thats where you will be spending the majority of youre time.
    I never understood this concept. If an MMORPG is supposed to start at max level, why would it have the leveling experience to begin with? Leveling is still a very big part of MMORPGs, and if a developer can't create a fun leveling experience, I won't want to waste time sludging through it just to see what the endgame is like.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    The prob is wow set a high standard and made alot of money and still do so company's want some of that pie and try make it close to wow etc i hope it is good at mo playing on mmos for me is meh !
    GW1 is already one of the most successful PC games of all time, it's actually second only to WoW as far as "MMOs" go. and GW2 is like not even close to WoW in design, mechanics or philosophy.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    I am done with MMO's until titan, I get on the hype train way to often and then get let down on release

*cough* Rift
    *cough* SWTOR
    yes swtor was a big let down, but really rift? haha, I thought it was a joke until beta, and then I understood that it was some trash trying to make a little money from the boxes, and not the gametime

"We are not in azeroth anymore" haha best game marketing ever

Deleted
    I bet people will leave GW2 cos' the gameplay is the same like wow but without the tank/heal/dps trinity and start whinning for that

yeah the hypetrain, been there and "enjoyed" its many downfalls. im not letting myself get hyped anymore, and im having a much better time with much less raging and so on

so that being said, i still cant resist being pumped for d3
    gw2? probably wont even try it^^

...I'll carry on playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    I bet people will leave GW2 cos' the gameplay is the same like wow but without the tank/heal/dps trinity and start whinning for that
    haha, i get that you were probably trying to be all smart and astute but it really does help to know the subject matter at hand first, that way you don't end up looking like the total opposite of what you were going for. how is it you can remove the trinity, the core mechanics of gameplay in traditional MMOs, from GW2 yet it remains the same as a game with it? maybe i just expect too much from people who post on the forums. /shrug
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    wasn't GW2 a full pvp games? if not sorry i must have lost something, anyway i don't think that a new pvp style without healers and tank has to be bad, let's wait and see what they do!

Deleted
    I bet people will leave GW2 cos' the gameplay is the same like wow
    Based on that TOR would have 0 subscriptions since its a WoW clone that manages to have less features in 2011 than a 2004 game.

I really hope that GW2 will be the first new generation MMO with significant changes to the genre.

I dont see how SWTOR is a let down, 2 million copes sold, and i don't think that many people are leaving, just the pessimistic impatient people, that are lazy and don't wanna deal with a release of a very large and expensive game.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR is not a fail. Its has gotten a grand release, and its waaaaaay too early to know what will happen in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1519 View Post
    I dont see how SWTOR is a let down, 2 million copes sold, and i don't think that many people are leaving, just the pessimistic impatient people, that are lazy and don't wanna deal with a release of a very large and expensive game.
    GW2 and SWTOR will have 1 year of difference in release date but the latter is so archaic that it could be 7 years and no one would notice it.
    The number of copies sold (which are not subscriptions btw) means very little in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Alright, then let me ask you think. Why do you want GW2 to be your new king? Isn't wow good enough for you? You're basically telling me the shit that makes wow so good. WoW is awesome because of this shit. Trust me, I had good experiences with killing hard stuff together in wow.

But look at me, why did I leave? Because I knew although RIFT or SW:TOR are wow clones in some form, they are better games. Don't tell me they aren't. They arguably are. I heard those reasons all the time. "They are wow clones lol, why not just play with the real thing", or the classic "I made a lot of friends. I just don't want to leave". Psychology indicates that the ACTUAL reason why none of these jackasses don't want to leave leave is because of they just can't realize that its their attachment to their characters and community. Not to mention that Change is hard! Which it is.
    It's preferences. Sure you might like the games because they have some specific twigs you have been looking for, but nothing has truly made a change, a new standard, like Everquest and WoW was. WoW has just grown old for me now, 6-7 years is a lot of time to spent playing almost just that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    The number of copies sold (which are not subscriptions btw) means very little in this matter.
    Actually the 2 million figure is deliberately misleading. The number comes from VG chartz, but it's not copies sold to consumers, it's copies sold to stores. So all it means, is EA shipped a heap of boxes to Walmart.

It's also quite strange they're bragging about reaching 2 million copies a month after launch (which they haven't), when 6 months ago they claimed they had over 2 million pre-orders.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-01-16 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lethdhar View Post
    wasn't GW2 a full pvp games? if not sorry i must have lost something, anyway i don't think that a new pvp style without healers and tank has to be bad, let's wait and see what they do!
    It's a very common impression that Guild Wars is a PvP-focused game. It may have been when it first came out seven years ago, but it quickly adjusted after its launch to get a pretty good PvE experience as well.

Guild Wars 2 is building up to have both solid PvE and PvP experiences, though if you don't have to get into both if you don't want to.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    It's a very common impression that Guild Wars is a PvP-focused game. It may have been when it first came out seven years ago, but it quickly adjusted after its launch to get a pretty good PvE experience as well.

Guild Wars 2 is building up to have both solid PvE and PvP experiences, though if you don't have to get into both if you don't want to.
    (I feel like a broken record, but)

Some people need to realise that PVE stands for "Player vs Environment", not "Player vs Instanced Scripted Raid Boss".
    Everything in the open world is PVE content, and GW2 has it by the truck load.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    (I feel like a broken record, but)

Some people need to realise that PVE stands for "Player vs Environment", not "Player vs Instanced Scripted Raid Boss".
    Everything in the open world is PVE content, and GW2 has it by the truck load.
    Very true Mif, very true indeed.

Deleted
    Tera Online man! Tera online...