Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    Do people really open tickets to verify things with a gm that they could find out by themselves in less then 30 seconds from wowhead? No wonder my tickets always take days to get responses when something actually goes wrong.
    =( Yeah I'm sorry but when I've been doing 200+ Runs I keep doubting the existence of it so... I got tired of it and asked

Sorry!

My brother's guild got 1 drop on every kill, and then on their first HC kill they got the HC mount and 2 normal mounts. Lucky bastard. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Disastor View Post
    The GM made it drop. GMs can pretty much do anything. And I've had similar experiences with very nice GMs.
    Very doubtful, I believe I read somewhere that GM's can't directly alter a loot table. At least not anymore.

I'm happy for you guys tho, getting a rare mount is always awesome! Especially during a time of hardship , so BIG grats!
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

10+ Year Old Account
    sadly, that mount isn't as rare as one would assume it is. According to wowhead's loots from 25 man normal madness, the mount is more common then the spell dps staff, with over 600 recorded loots.
    not to mention this is only out of people with the wowhead client, so theres at least 1000+ mounts, seen one on my server so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many success stories on here, about to go try this new "method" out.

Loot RNG works in such a way that as soon as you zone into an instance every drop for every boss is preset from that point on, as such GMs can see whats going to drop before you even killed the boss.

long story short: mount was gonna drop anyway he just hinted at it.

Gms do not give out mounts
    N

I created a ticket, talk to gm, you know, the usual blah blah this, blah blah that. Then he asks if he can give me any other assistance. I jokingly said,"You can make Garr's binding drop today" Sure enough, I go kill Garr, and I finally(After 2 years) get my damn binding, and made thunderfury.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

RNG is RNG. GM's aren't allowed to "give" out mounts, or "make bosses drop x loot"

Quote Originally Posted by Pikevinge View Post
    Too many success stories on here, about to go try this new "method" out.
    LOL nice

Yeah, like i said in the OP, i don't actually think the GM had anything to do with it, but it's a pretty big coincidence...so are some of the other stories people have posted.

It was our second mount and we haven't downed madness every week, so the "not-so-random" thing makes more sense...

side-note: I didn't win the mount, but i did finally get Gurthalak so i could go back to my favorite spec (Unholy) w00t!

Ticket awaiting, I hope they reply before we get to Ragnaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    at the end of their convo says "and I'll see what i can do about the mount " (winking smiley included, according to my guildmate).
    Why would the GM say that, though? If your guildmate is telling the truth, it does seem like it might be more than just coincidence. IMHO.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in WotLK I bugged the Ramstein event in Strat so I couldn't get to the Baron. I made a ticket, in character (note: not on an RP server), about Ramstein not coming out to play, etc. A couple of minutes later there was whispers and an emote of someone dancing with me. The GM showed up, and opened the door to the Baron for me. He told me: "Good luck with the mount!" and it dropped for me. Coincidence? I'd like to think so

I has screenies: imgur.com/a/mu8Gx

Poopie interface though

Ps: This was on Christmas eve

It could also be that the GM can "see" what is going to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Why would the GM say that, though? If your guildmate is telling the truth, it does seem like it might be more than just coincidence. IMHO.
    Well, a few posts up a guy said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Loot RNG works in such a way that as soon as you zone into an instance every drop for every boss is preset from that point on, as such GMs can see whats going to drop before you even killed the boss.

long story short: mount was gonna drop anyway he just hinted at it.
    If that's accurate (the loot being set upon entry) then that would make sense. GM knew it was gonna drop and was just being playful...i don't know for a fact that that's how it works though. (not doubting you, ellesar, just saying i have no proof)

sadly, that mount isn't as rare as one would assume it is. According to wowhead's loots from 25 man normal madness, the mount is more common then the spell dps staff, with over 600 recorded loots.
    That's not a sad thing to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Coincidence, u think a GM will risk his job to give u a mount?

Besides, the ticket guys dont have the power to do so.

It goes to a second line of handeling with more authority.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Zushakon View Post
    Coincidence, u think a GM will risk his job to give u a mount?

Besides, the ticket guys dont have the power to do so.

It goes to a second line of handeling with more authority.
    We don't know for a fact that this isn't a functionality that their basic toolset would have. It would seem fairly plausible to me that being able to manipulate mob loot tables would be a relevant tool to fixing/resetting bugged quests.

My guild had it drop almost every other run.

The loot seeding packet is indeed related to the exact time the 1st person in the raid enters the instance, that instance reset.

When a server comes up from maintainance, a timer starts, this millisecond timer produces a snapshot result when some1 enters an instance. This timer-snapshot together with the instance number then determines the loot in the instance.
    If a mob is respawned however, the loot is re-seeded. In the past there were ways to "sniff" packets and there was a way to display what the exact loot was of a targeted mob, this is a bannable offense and blizz blocked the old way of doing so (no idea if there is a new way, only heard about it after it got removed and I know that ppl got banned for using it).

so by wiping on a re-spawning boss, you reset its loot, if the boss simply runs back to the starting point, the loot stays the same as it was before.

From the posted accounts on this thread, I gather that the Blessing of the Game Master increases your luck + increases your classes gear drop chance by 3% of your current attackpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.