Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well i assume you're talking about commercials for products made to appeal to women... its so they can relate.

products for men usually show women as either shrews or sex objects.

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    it is because white men are truly the only people on the planet that arent off limits to criticism/feminism/racism.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    because making fun of men is not sexist in any way and appeals to the women who massively eat that shit up.
    Same reason that moronic jackass "dr" phil has a tv show. We are easy targets, because some of us are dumb as fucking rocks.

There was some hullabaloo about men being portrayed as dopes in a diaper commercial just a week or so ago. Much whining was to be had by fathers who apparently thought that a commercial poking fun at a stereotype meant that everyone thought that they were incapable of parenting.

Honestly, it seems like everyone is losing their sense of humor in favor of taking offense when ever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    Same reason that moronic jackass "dr" phil has a tv show. We are easy targets, because some of us are dumb as fucking rocks.
    there are equally the same number of women who are JUST as dumb, i can assure you. however men don't realistically eat up the "women are stupid" cards, rather we don't no more than we eat up the men are stupid. we laugh at both equally because making someone look like a complete tool is pretty damn funny.

women on the other hand devour it because not only do they THINK it's true (as this thread shows that a lot of people believe men are inherently stupid when not only does science prove otherwise, but also shows that men reach higher intelligence records than women) but it also empowers them to believe they are superior to men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

there are equally the same number of women who are JUST as dumb, i can assure you. however men don't realistically eat up the "women are stupid" cards, rather we don't no more than we eat up the men are stupid. we laugh at both equally because making someone look like a complete tool is pretty damn funny.

women on the other hand devour it because not only do they THINK it's true (as this thread shows that a lot of people believe men are inherently stupid when not only does science prove otherwise, but also shows that men reach higher intelligence records than women) but it also empowers them to believe they are superior to men.
    I'd like to see this 'science' first off. Thank you.
    This post sounds like you believe all women think they are smarter than men and that all women believe themselves to be superior to men.
    In all honesty, women are superior at some things, and men are superior at some things. It balances itself off. I also believe that just because a man scores higher than women in tests, doesn't mean they are more intelligent than women. Intelligence is shown in many different ways. If you say men score higher than women on a math test, you can't say men are more intelligent because what if women score higher than men in an English test? There are so many ways to show intelligence, and to bunch it all up into test scores is stupid in my eyes.
    A person who lives on the streets is more intelligent than a person who graduates from the best school in the world with the highest grades. This person on the street knows more about "Street rules" and how to use things efficiently, than the person who graduated, who might have never have lived a moment without a roof on his head.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

because making fun of men is not sexist in any way and appeals to the women who massively eat that shit up.
    pretty much. bumbling idiot men = fine. bumbling idiot women = horribly sexist. It's odd, but it's culturally true at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It's a problem but I've never heard a blond joke that refers to a guy...

The same reason that every new television show has a lead female infinitely smarter than all the male roles, or she is 5'2" and can knock out a 6'3" Goliath with on fell punch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    Exactly. If the women were being the "dumb ones" the product won't sell. It would be the kids, but they're too busy being the know-it-alls by today's standards. The only person left is the husband/eldest male.
    Aslong as they are white ofcourse, otherwise it would be ''racist'' (Yes I just read Gold's other thread and what some people define as racist, makes me want to hang myself)

What grinds my gears aswell is what they have in that Fiber one commercial is the product gets mentioned with such an undertone, I can hardly describe it but it's like something in their voice makes me cringe and really makes it sound like they're trying to say '''this is the best thing ever and you can be just like me if you buy this shit''
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-03-28 at 01:14 AM.

I think it plays to the stereotype that when it comes to household/family decisons that don't involve a major expense, it's the wife/mother who has to take care of it while the husband lounges about and largely leaves her to it. Is this realistic or fair? No. Nor is the marketing that gives girls the stuff that is pink, frilly, and involving nurturing or being a princess, and boys superheros, building toys and science kits, or teens with clueless uninvolved (or overly strict and nagging) parents, or show women as nothing more then arm candy willing to drape themselves over any man with the right aftershave.

If you want change you need to support companies who have both good products and equality reflected in their marketing. Companies go where the money is. If our money is seen to be supporting busnesses that don't make one part of the population the object (sexual, comedic, etc) of the other then companies would quickly fall in line with public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Aslong as they are white ofcourse, otherwise it would be ''racist'' (Yes I just read Gold's other thread and what some people define as racist, makes me want to hang myself)
    Don't you just love the fact that White people can't be victims of racism because Racism only applies to those who "aren't in power". We can only be the victims of racial prejudice.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    I'd like to see this 'science' first off. Thank you.
    This post sounds like you believe all women think they are smarter than men and that all women believe themselves to be superior to men.
    In all honesty, women are superior at some things, and men are superior at some things. It balances itself off. I also believe that just because a man scores higher than women in tests, doesn't mean they are more intelligent than women. Intelligence is shown in many different ways. If you say men score higher than women on a math test, you can't say men are more intelligent because what if women score higher than men in an English test? There are so many ways to show intelligence, and to bunch it all up into test scores is stupid in my eyes.
    A person who lives on the streets is more intelligent than a person who graduates from the best school in the world with the highest grades. This person on the street knows more about "Street rules" and how to use things efficiently, than the person who graduated, who might have never have lived a moment without a roof on his head.
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...elligent-women
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...he-thinks.html

you need to also understand what i said. the range of men is much larger, which means that while they might be smarter, they also tend to have people who are far stupider. meanwhile women's range is actually much shorter. the end result is that the average is actually very close, however the ranges vary differently.

i don't think all women believe that. there are a few who don't think they are smarter than anyone. however there have been more than enough women who blatantly claim that women are in fact smarter than men. there's also, oddly enough, men who blatantly believe that women are smarter than them as well. not ALL, but enough.

yes women are superior than men in some things and men are superior than women in some things. the odd thing is that women tend less to taught this fact when it goes against them trying to perform unless it becomes clear that that particular woman just isn't good. ever heard of the song "anything you can do I can do better"? the same ideal that women are not only equal to men in every avenue, but actually are somehow better. some women believe that women are just as strong or stronger then men physically, just as smart or smarter than men, and just as caring if not more so than men. while there are men believe these false claims as well, no one takes the men seriously, while women have a relatively large following by other women and men as well believing them to be the pinnacle of the human race.

IQ tests cant accurately portray intelligence? k. got another test? The fact is, at the moment IQ tests are about the best that we can do in terms of figuring out your intelligence at the moment. While saying that it's probably inaccurate and doesn't work might be all well and good, the fact is that's all we got. So we have to take it.

your example of "street rules" as knowledge is a false understanding of intelligence, and it gets repeated quite often. Intelligence isn't about knowing something, its about your ability to reason and understand. Just because you know social rules doesn't make you intelligent, and frankly claiming that you are intelligent because you know street rules while not taking into account that the person who graduated from the best schools has to understand upper class rules, AKA they aren't exactly more knowledgeable than the other overall, just that they understand different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Deleted
    While I agree that alot of commercials have the males do silly stuff and the females be the voice of reason I don't think that's a bad thing.

Are we seriously complaining that men are shown to have more fun (even if it turns out bad for them) while women are being boring and realistic?

It kind of is a mirror of real life too. You don't meet alot of women who have a good sense of humor and do "jackass" kind of stuff. A real shame if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    While I agree that alot of commercials have the males do silly stuff and the females be the voice of reason I don't think that's a bad thing.

Are we seriously complaining that men are shown to have more fun (even if it turns out bad for them) while women are being boring and realistic?

It kind of is a mirror of real life too. You don't meet alot of women who have a good sense of humor and do "jackass" kind of stuff. A real shame if you ask me.
    I think what is more annoying people here is that if you would depict a woman in such a way people would call blasphemy/sue your ass/etc. and society would (atleast make it look like they) think it's justified

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed this - it's definitely getting a little annoying how much it is on TV. Would love to see something else for once. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP,

You should watch an Australian show called the Gruen Transfer.
    It's a Panel show about how advertising works. Has some pretty funny moments in it as well.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gruen_Transfer

SEXISM!!! RAGE!!!

Maybe because stupid is funny?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Golds, I suspect of your 434 posts, at least 400 are the OP to a thread you've started.
    Man i was thinking the same exact thing lol. Golds does have some interesting thread topics some times though. Back OT

This is the way the world of political correctness is today. Seriously people get so offended these days over the littlest things or are quick to use the term racist or sexist that company's have to do stuff like this. Honestly most men couldn't care less its part of the metal state of men that we tend to be more care free and we just don't give a sh*t. Sad to see though honestly if people would just not get so butt hurt of little things we wouldn't have things like this. Welcome to the political correct world. Its totally Bull Sh*t.