Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Demonology should be renamed Demon Hunter

The same way Monk's have a Brewmaster talent spec.

Do you agree?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The same way Monk's have a Brewmaster talent spec.

Do you agree?
    Demonology should always be demonology. It would be too weird to change it now. If they added a tank spec though...

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    If they added a tank spec though...

This. Even though that outlook is looking rather bleak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Could be interesting, but as the posting above side its out look is bleak.

using demons, and hunting them are almost the oposite.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Illidan would like to speak to you....

I'm pretty sure he used a demon or two somewhere along his story. Don't quote me on it though, just the skull of guldan,killing a demon for its weapons, etc. Not to mention every demon hunter that lived (even if they wen't insane) in BC became what they were by fusing themselves with the essence of a demon.
    Last edited by Ragehammer; 2012-03-31 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragehammer View Post
    Illidan would like to speak to you....I'm pretty sure he used a demon or two somewhere along his story. Don't quote me on it though, just the skull of guldan.....killing a demon for its weapons.....infusing himself with a demon.....etc.
    None of that is having a demon stand next to him and then telling it to go do something.

Is devouring the demon yourself, or using it as a minion really that different? I'd like to think that since the warlock (especially in meta mode), got a lot of the demon hunter's abilities, It would be an efficient way of 'adding' demon hunters as a forth warlock spec.

When you tear the concept down to its core, demon hunters are really a rogue/warlock mix anyway. You can nitpick about the fact that there are differences between warlock and demon hunter that are significant, but really I think for gameplay purposes DHs would work perfectly as basically 'melee warlocks'.
    Last edited by Ragehammer; 2012-03-31 at 08:59 AM.

Kinda stupid in my opinion. Why change something there is nothing wrong with the name.
    And plus rumors in future expansion demon hunters might actually be a class.
    Do gnomes have a vibrate setting?

If you want demon hunter play d3 when it hits. Why does everyone ride demon hunter nuts sooo hard? They really arent that cool at all and neither is lock tanking it was just a beta test error and they nerfed it back to where it should be. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestish View Post
    Kinda stupid in my opinion. Why change something there is nothing wrong with the name.
    And plus rumors in future expansion demon hunters might actually be a class.
    Sources please

Demon Hunter would make an interesting fourth spec for locks. Tank doesn't show up for a raid last night but you have an abundance of DPS? Tell your lock to go tankmode!

A demon hunter is nowhere near what a warlock with the ability to shapeshift into a demon is... actually, quite the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophobe View Post
    If you want demon hunter play d3 when it hits. Why does everyone ride demon hunter nuts sooo hard? They really arent that cool at all and neither is lock tanking it was just a beta test error and they nerfed it back to where it should be. Move along.
    IMHO the vids of demon-tanking looked very cool. I was excited that it might be a "soon to be announced" addition to the xpac and started leveling a lock just in case (and I'm liking the destro changes sofar) And further more, played the D3 demo with a demon hunter and they were pretty cool in that too, again, imho.
    Your Add Here!

Illidan would like to speak to you.... I'm pretty sure he used a demon or two somewhere along his story.
    Not just any demon, he used Magtheridon :O

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    using demons, and hunting them are almost the oposite.
    ^

Why would a Warlock hunt demons when they use demons?

... Granted, why do Hunters hunt beasts yet use them as pets...?

... Fuck. Gamdwelf, I think we just got owned somewhere...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Despite the melee-range orientated design the warlock still remains a caster and not a physical damage dealer.
    Demon Hunters also have always had physical weapons with which to strike their opponents, something warlocks also lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimvarg View Post
    IMHO the vids of demon-tanking looked very cool. I was excited that it might be a "soon to be announced" addition to the xpac and started leveling a lock just in case (and I'm liking the destro changes sofar) And further more, played the D3 demo with a demon hunter and they were pretty cool in that too, again, imho.
    They don't look cool at all, they're someone stuck in Meta form smacking the living shit out of their '1' key which, in more recent videos is on cooldown over 50% of the time. That does not look like fun to me.

Furthermore, if you get a DH Tanking spec, wont you want a DH DPS spec to go alongside it? And you wont want Demo DPS or the tanking spec gimping that, and so demand a 5th spec. At that point you might as well go for a whole new class, because that's what it is.

Illidan would like to speak to you....

I'm pretty sure he used a demon or two somewhere along his story. Don't quote me on it though, just the skull of guldan,killing a demon for its weapons, etc. Not to mention every demon hunter that lived (even if they wen't insane) in BC became what they were by fusing themselves with the essence of a demon.
    Since when do Illidan and his followers represent all demon hunters? There were more of them who sided with the night elves (they were NE) against the legion and didn't abuse demonic energies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks, even demonology warlocks, are still not enough like Demon Hunters to justify a rename.

Demon Hunters are melee fighters who dual wield warglaives, ritually blind themselves, etc.

If Warlocks can eventually do that stuff, then sure. Until then, leave it Demonology.

If they ever do a fourth spec for warlocks, splitting Demonology into Demon Training and Demon Hunting might be more valid.

Demon Hunter honestly should have been the hero class of TBC... and it would have been the class I would have played.

As of now I think they decided to split the "class" into two: warlocks, and rogues... and more of it ended up here than it did with rogues who eventually got turned down another direction. After all, while the combat abilities (evasion, etc.) are fairly generic, the demon hunter's fire and shadow magic, their use of demonic energy, and their most iconic ability, Metamorphosis, ended up with us.