Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Aren't you able to toggle something in options to make abilities smart-cast onto your target?
    That makes you miss your target more than without it on.

For grenade kit, I found it was best when you double tap the abilities to go off where your cursor was. Still not the best way but it worked okish. The grenade kit just needs some reworking on how you can actually aim them. In PvP it's almost impossible to hit a decent player with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I don't know what yer talking about, I loved smart-cast on my mouse pointer. So invaluable for throwing elixers on allies, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I don't know what yer talking about, I loved smart-cast on my mouse pointer. So invaluable for throwing elixers on allies, too.
    Re-read what I quoted. Smart cast on your target not cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Loved it too, turned it on 1min into the BWE and left it on.

I didn't really have that big of a problem with the grenade kit, when holding down the right mousebutton your cursor is locked in place, made it pretty easy to spam nades.
    Granted, having the nades target your current target would be nice, but the above method is decent.
    What annoyed me the most that was that autocast didn't work on either the nades or the bomb kit.

For grenade kit, I found it was best when you double tap the abilities to go off where your cursor was. Still not the best way but it worked okish. The grenade kit just needs some reworking on how you can actually aim them. In PvP it's almost impossible to hit a decent player with them.
    Its because it takes sodding ages to actually reach its targetted point if you attempt to throw it over any half-baked distance. It has an activation time, time in which your target can move. And it also has a traveltime, the further away the longer this is aswell obviously. Trying to hit anything to moves irregular, such as a pvp target, is almost down to luck. Where you need to hope your enemy runs into the explosion, or remains motionless.
    And with it being crystal clear you are throwing stuff, anyone that has some experience in pvp will easily Dodge right out of the way. Or simply stick to a reasonable distance while strafing all over the place. Goodluck hitting that.

But at the moment, why would anyone be afraid of the grenade kit to begin with? It deals halfassed damage, and the conditions expire pretty fast.
    Right now i can only see myself chucking these over the Walls at the zerglings that are facesmashing the Gate.

Dont even get me started on the Mine Kit. What a piece of garbage that was, even if you got someone to roll around and trigger all of your mines, the damage was still poor. There are no conditions to be inflicted, whatsoever. They are visible, so you'd have to be blind to even walk into them. And they only seem to gain any form of usefullness if you invest no less then two Major Traits into them (knockback and Invisible). Or even the EMP-pulse thingy that strips debuffs, only with those 2 or 3 Major traits (and be default now also the Vulnerability trait) does it actually shape into something you might bother using.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Loved it too, turned it on 1min into the BWE and left it on.

I didn't really have that big of a problem with the grenade kit, when holding down the right mousebutton your cursor is locked in place, made it pretty easy to spam nades.
    Granted, having the nades target your current target would be nice, but the above method is decent.
    What annoyed me the most that was that autocast didn't work on either the nades or the bomb kit.
    I don't think that is decent at all. Since you should be driving with your mouse and swinging the camera with Right MB. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't think that is decent at all. Since you should be driving with your mouse and swinging the camera with Right MB. -_-
    Unless I'm remembering it wrong. Then holding down right button makes your character turn with your mouse. Holding down left button moves the camera.

Re-read what I quoted. Smart cast on your target not cursor.
    Aaaah ok. My bad!

Unless I'm remembering it wrong. Then holding down right button makes your character turn with your mouse. Holding down left button moves the camera.
    I reversed that, iirc. :P

Still doesn't solve the issue of the cursor being in constant motion while driving with the mouse. Making the targeting of the grenades less precise w/ such a control scheme or devaluing the control scheme. Usability of the explosive kits is rather lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I reversed that, iirc. :P

Still doesn't solve the issue of the cursor being in constant motion while driving with the mouse. Making the targeting of the grenades less precise w/ such a control scheme or devaluing the control scheme. Usability of the explosive kits is rather lacking.
    Mostly I just want skill1 auto spammable =) That would make my day for the next BWE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I look forward to how Engineers get tweaked in BWE2. A lot of Engi players, I noticed, professed great discontent in the Engi forum.

I mean, sure, every class had a lot of negative feedback about various things (hell, I kept seeing Thief players complain about lacking a long-term stealth, completely ignoring how hard Backstab hits), but Engi seemed to have the worst of it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Well I look forward to how Engineers get tweaked in BWE2. A lot of Engi players, I noticed, professed great discontent in the Engi forum.

I mean, sure, every class had a lot of negative feedback about various things (hell, I kept seeing Thief players complain about lacking a long-term stealth, completely ignoring how hard Backstab hits), but Engi seemed to have the worst of it.
    90% of the people complaining about Engineer on GW2guru didn't use the profession properly. Everyone thinks you can slap on a kit and be 100% effective not that you need to swap between them alot to gain the most benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of the people complaining about Engineer on GW2guru didn't use the profession properly. Everyone thinks you can slap on a kit and be 100% effective not that you need to swap between them alot to gain the most benefit.
    I'm talking about the official forums. I don't touch guru with a 10-foot pole.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I'm talking about the official forums. I don't touch guru with a 10-foot pole.
    It's probably the same on the official forums.

I haven't touched them since I know they'll be full of QQ. Some baddie claiming their profession is crap because another does more damage faster yet their playing a condition setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably the same on the official forums.

I haven't touched them since I know they'll be full of QQ. Some baddie claiming their profession is crap because another does more damage faster yet their playing a condition setup.
    Just one example of a post in the Engi forum:

Kits
    - don’t compare to real weapons, only take away from finding new weapons as loot
    - cooldowns too long
    - dmg scaling is way off
    - no auto attack
    - no sigils
    - no stats

Elixirs are superior to gadgets
    - Boons from Elixirs are incredibly strong and make a huge impact on dmg output
    - Traited they dmg and condition stack, plus can be used to boon others
    - Long CDs justify the strenght, can double use(once on utility bar, once on toolbelt)

Gadgets are undesirable
    - Long CDs, don’t feel the effects justify the delay on reuse.
    - Toolbelt skills are tame, rocket kick low dmg, Super speed 3secs duration/45sec CD?
    - Rocket boots self knockdown is not viable, its bad enough on Rifle!
    - Goggles only real viable all purpose gadget

Turrets
    - Stationary low rate of fire, low dmg dumb AI.
    - No option to focus fire on specific target, AI targets random people/mobs
    - Pickup should remove CD fully for next deployment
    - Long CDs make them non-viable for most things but point holding or Defense events

Elites
    - Mortar is a WvWvW weapon mainly, found its use outside of this negligible. Booo
    - Elixir X is cheap, give us our own elite and not random effects that we can’t rely on

General bad things
    - pull and push skills on same weapon / knockback and gap closer on same weapon, this feels disjointed and skews the purpose of the weapons/kits
    - Destroying Turrets? they are bad enough when up and CDs long enough, try make them more viable instead of their biggest use being to blow them up for dmg…
    - Dmg across the board feels low and takes ramp up time/setup, when compared to others we work twice as hard for less reward. Elixir Spam and all out dmg gear/sigils…
    - Elixir U is jekyl and Hyde, the utility skill is strong because all of the random effects are strong so who cares what you get. Toolbelt on the other hand, mostly just meh and more often than not just awful.
    - Mine Kit, just horrible to use. 5 skills to place the same mines and 5 skills to detonate. Toolbelt should be a standard kit skill, this is all just rushed and poor. Bomb and Grenades are at least fun if very niche.

Good things
    - Class is fun to play, alot of fun to play.
    - Supply Crate is strong
    - Goggles Gadget is really strong
    - Theme of the class is great, if pve was some faceroll mash keys and win this class would be the best experience ever for pure variety
    - Has potential to be the most adaptable proff and a high value member of tournament pvp teams
    - Shield Skills are awesome(tho CDs are long)

While this seems very negative, I really loved the class and just want to see minor adjustments. The class as a whole seems slightly rushed out the door or at least is one of the most in need of tuning/balancing. I’ll be playing Engineer in the next BWE also, I had always intended on playing Ranger and did alot this weekend but Engineer just grabbed hold of me once I started it and I couldn’t stop.

Think I got lvl23 in pve and my biggest concern of the whole experience was I had to kite every single mob while I wittled it down with Elixir/Dual Pistol cond dmg build(the only real viable solo pve build). It got dull eventually and just felt like too much work when others just stomped stuff into the ground beside me

I'm curious. Do you think Anet will post a list of changes they've done between the BWE's or will we have to find out for ourselves =)

Would be nice to have an objective place to discuss things like profession balance and such. That's probably a pipe dream considering everyone's bias and how opinionated gamers are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    I'm curious. Do you think Anet will post a list of changes they've done between the BWE's or will we have to find out for ourselves =)
    Hrm. I'd be interested in them doing that, but I don't think they will.

Anyways, to continue from my last post: The majority of Engineer feedback from players to ANet (which is the only feedback they're going to hear) was that the class felt "rushed" and "underpowered"

10+ Year Old Account
    you need to swap between them alot to gain the most benefit.
    Yep.

Hopefully they'll listen to my complaint about not being able to combo off my own fire wall

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it's reasonable to complain about a flamethrower and grenades doing less damage than pistol shots. That kinda... just feels wrong. Don't ya think?