Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell to hard? Blaming Blizzard for bad tuning?
    This is clearly a player-related issue.

1. Go to the menu (the one before joining a game)press "Auction House"
    2. Filter out items on slot, lvl, stats and price.
    3. Buy the item that seems to be best possible for you.
    4. PROFIT!!

Now with higher health, damage and damage reduction (armor, resistance) you will survive longer, and kill faster.
    If you already have done this, start looking for other builds.

Builds for Hell/Inferno, you should have atleast one defensive ability (not counting Archon due to situational uptime + cooldown)
    Explosive Blast may have high damage, but towards the end of Hell, and whole Inferno, it becomes less useful due to being most effective when surrounded by enemies, and you dont want that to happen in Inferno, because then you are dead no matter what.
    You don't have any Slowing ability, so you cant kite mobs that will 1-shot you.
    You also don't have any Armor spell, Energy Armor adds more to survival, and with any of the last 2 runes to it, your survival will get even higher.

This is just a handful of tips, i bet there are way more to come with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaye223 View Post
    y should i waste my hard earned money if i cant enjoy the whole game. I deserve to see all the content

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 01:46 PM ----------

WTF i need vitality for. im a dps
    You were doing kinda well and then you blew your cover. Nice try though. Diablo isn't wow, it's not all about stacking Armor pen to cap and then stacking crit/agi or stacking Strength as high as possible forsaking everything else.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all - your skillset sucks, you may want to check out some of the Wizard threads here on the forums.
    Secondly - No it's not hard at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I deserve to see all the content
    You did that when you finished normal, mate
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Take a look at this build, i used it to clear Hell: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dlm!XbT!acacYc. It's good for kite-and-run tactic. If you can't select a certain skill, enable Elective Mode somewhere in Options.
    Also, try and upgrade your gear, get more vitality and/or resist gear.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2012-05-29 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    You did that when you finished normal, mate
    how is that all the content.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    inb4 "dont feed the troll".

get some gear. being destroyed in hell? farm the last two acts in nightmare to get gear. or spend some gold in the AH, if you filter correctly, you can get some big things for real cheap, you just need to search for it. For the "things hit too hard" issue, resistance gear (for all resistances, not just for one) and armor will help you (as a start, I don't tell you to find ONLY gear with ONLY resistance on it. as always, balance is the key). if you get smashed in the face, you need to play and/or gear more defensive. maybe you should take a look at your passives. "glass cannon" seems to be exactly what you are, so you may want to remove that. maybe for blur or galvanizing ward, as a start.

and yes, this is diablo after all. farming gear to be able to farm later difficulties/acts for better gear to be able to farm later difficulties/acts and so on and so on. get used to it or stop playing.

edit: I just got beaten by 2313-ish posts. guess I need to keep them shorter, eh?...
    how many stats i need?

Deleted
    You use spectral blade, yet got nothing to compensate for the melee range. So I'd advise to ditch it.

Personally my Wizard cleared act 3 and 4 of hell with this build:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XPO!XYf!aZcaaa
    It's pretty defensive as you can see. I use diamond skin for those "oh shit" moments, like when mobs teleport right on top of you and Mirror Images to let them tank/kite while diamon skin recharges. Magic Weapon together with Glass cannon helps you to get enough dps to destroy your enemies before they can destroy you.

edit: Oh, and don't be afraid to switch Disintegrate for Arcane Orb in some heavy movement situations. Because some bosses don't like to give you the time to simply stand there like a target dummy while channeling your spell. In theses cases fire an Orb, run and dodge, fire an Orb, run and dodge, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc8ba4c3f6b2; 2012-05-29 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Basically just go for as many stats as possible. Got loads of stats already? Accumulate more stats. Then is when we see a happy ending.

Reason is simple, Hell is not for an average joe.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    Basically just go for as many stats as possible. Got loads of stats already? Accumulate more stats. Then is when we see a happy ending.
    EVEN strength and dex???????
    are u new do u even play wizzard????
    please dont waste every1s time

y should i waste my hard earned money if i cant enjoy the whole game. I deserve to see all the content

and you saw all the content, just like LFR in WoW. All that is left is more difficulty, the content is the same. Not the game's fault you suck.

Also, "I'm a DPS" shows how little you understand about this game. This is not an MMORPG, there is no trinity of Tank/Heals/DPS. You must be able to survive and balance your stat accordingly. There are no real tanks as there is no real threat and only very limited taunts, so all players MUST be able to survive hits.

Deleted
    Because the content doesn't change at higher difficulties. It is the exact same mobs, maps, quests, and cutscenes. The only thing that scales are mob hp, damage, and loot. So yes, once you've completed normal, you will have seen the content in the game. The higher difficulties are for people who simply want to challenge themselves and make it harder.

Where tuning is concerned, I think Blizzard managed pretty well actually. The game gets incrementally more difficult and the pacing is pretty spot on, all the way to Inferno. The thing about normal, nightmare, and hell is that you can in fact out level and gear them. You say you're level 60? So go buy some gear off the AH. Simple as that. If you don't want to spend your gold on it, farm the gear for yourself. If you don't want to do that either, then it's your problem and can only blame yourself.

Simple as.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    EVEN strength and dex???????
    are u new do u even play wizzard????
    please dont waste every1s time
    This made me laugh!!

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 02:01 PM ----------

how many stats i need?

I got a feeling, this "hard earned money" isnt even his, but rather his parents.

Try googling wizard builds. Stack Vital in all your gem slots. More hp means youll survive more. Ill dumb it down into "wow-terms" for you. dead dps is no dps & l2kite. If you couldn't figure that part out, then be satisfied with the fact that yes, you have seen all the content, baring the PvP, which even then i highly recommend you don't do considering this current opening post. so either continue playing normal and nightmare, or dont play if its too hard for you to figure out. This isnt wow, there is no quicky-guide to fix being bad and ignorant of how the game works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think they deserve to see all the content? You don't, if you suck, you suck. Terrible players like yourself need to go back to WoW and clear your "heroic" raids.

Just looking at your build and I understand why you can't pass act3....
    I'M not even sure if this is a real post or another troll

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Why do people think they deserve to see all the content? You don't, if you suck, you suck. Terrible players like yourself need to go back to WoW and clear your "heroic" raids.
    screw you pal

If you think hell is hard JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET INTO INFERNO!!
    its fkn impossible, dun even me started mate, dont even try because its about as useful as tits on a bull

How can you guys not tell this is a troll? Look at his name. Just report him and move along.

Your using pretty much every bad wizard skill there is.

Use electrocute or arcane missile instead of blades.
    Use arcane orb instead of disintegrate (you can't afford to stand still and channel in the higher difficulties)
    Use diamond skin instead of archon, it has no defensive skills and in hell / inferno you need defensive skills. diamond skin is a must.
    Use another defensive skill instead of familiar, teleport+fracture is good, but so is wave of force or mirror images.
    Use Hydra (venom) instead of meteor, little guy does great damage for the low AP cost and is great for killing things while you kite.
    Explosive blast is worthless (short range) take something useful like blizzard for the slow or just grab an armor spell for added survival (force armor runed arcane armor is the best)

drop glass cannon, pick up something like illusionist for escaping from bad situations with teleport more often.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.