Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And this is EXACTLY why I hate the Horde/Alliance fighting being the primary narative focus. It takes great characters and twists them into WTF monsters for no reason other than to create player-base hostility.

Garrosh starts as a child feeling upset for his Father's disgraceful actions...but then becomes better when told Grom fought off and saved everybody at the last minute. Next expansion he is wanting to exterminate the Alliance (why?) and is repeating his father's very disgraces he was upset about in the first place... JUST to start war with the Alliance...

Varian Wrynn starts as an extremely noble king who sees both sides and helps all... then dissapears only to reappear with an Anime Makeover and a barbarian personality JUST to start war with the Horde.

Now Jaina starts as an advocate of peace, sacrificing her own racist father for the betterment of the horde/alliance.... and now she's becoming a barbarian queen ready to slaughter all Horde in her sights JUST to start war with the Horde.

Next will probably be Sylvanas taking her Val'kyr and wanting to finish off Gilneas next expansion...

...and thus angers Genn Greymane who inflicts the Worgen Curse on himself and vows revenge the following expansion...

...and in that blind rage wipes out Vol'Jin's family who was there in Undercity wanting to pursuade/stop the Banshee Queen himself next expansion...

...and then Vol'Jin gets mad and summons/unleashes Hakkar in the heart of Gnomeregan....

...and Gelben Mekkatorque now wants revenge and thus presses the big red button in Ironforge that transforms the entire city into OMEGA-IRONFORGE, a gigantic battle robot...

...and so on...

...and so on...

...until we all vomit upon knowing it will never end...
    Your argument was extremely unvalid and a waste of mine and your time...the events you speak of hardly make sense of taking place

The Witch bitch Jania is mad because we destroyed Theramore

Gilneas needs to be taken back by the undead, the worgen a muts...filth worse then the scourge

Don't comment on my stuff, if your going to spit nonsense and rave on and on
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

I'm glad that the first option is steamrolling the poll. The people who only want peace in this game clearly play the wrong game, play Hello Kitty's Island Adventure instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Please stop bringing up Taurajo because you don't know the story. The general had information that Taurajo was supplying the resistance in the area and training warriors. So he left an opening in the lines for the civilians to escape, but he didn't know the only place for them to run was into hostile quilboar territory. As an alliance player Hawthorne orders you to arrest the looter, and is regretful of what happened. He is then murdered by horde assassins.

Not the same by any stretch. To juxtapose that we have the horde commander in the barrens who went out and sunk unamred civilian ships, and shot at the drowning civilians in the water and then wears one of the scalps as a trophy.
    But the order was to kill everyone, but he disobeyed. then if someone attacks a village and let the civillians go but he didnt know the only place they could run to was a pit of lava then it's still on the attacker.
    Next time your home town is attacked at night and people around you are getting slaughtered, let me know if you were thinking that maybe the attackers left a gap in the lines and if you were expecting to get through there unharmed.

Then again it's a war nothing is justified:P

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yes, but you don't care about character growth. You only care if the character makes WAARRR in the story, nothing else. THAT is boring, its been done to death.

this is why I find Wrathion such a breath of fresh air.
    Please don't tell me what I care about.

I didn't even think the Horde/Alliance war had a place in WoW until Cataclysm rolled around. With the way the story is moving, however, it doesn't make sense to have all these characters calling for peace while someone burns down their house.

Two points to make.

1. It is highly likely most or all of Theramore's civilians die in the Horde attack, leading to the trauma that pushes Jaina over the edge. This is not an unreasonable thing. Everyone has their limits.

2. We don't know how Jaina's character will advance throughout the expansion and beyond. She may well bring her hatred into check.

1st lore has nothing to do with this so stop invoking it. and 2nd that's what it means to have fucking principles, to actually stick to them when things get rough, not abandon them as soon as something tests your beliefs
    Yes, but everyone has limits, besides isn't Jaina supposed to be the main focus of a book that has yet to be released? I mean all we're doing at the moment is hearing some dialogue from an event out of context.

I think the angry Jaina angle could be an interesting one, one I'll be eager to see play out over the coming months/years or what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    1st lore has nothing to do with this so stop invoking it. and 2nd thats what it means to have fucking principles, to actually stick to them when things get rough, not abandon them as soon as something tests your beliefs
    Abandon who exactly? THERE DEAD

Lore has nothing to do with it....HAHAHAHA dude you just made all your comments for the last...few pages, garbage then...the game is lore, it is a story...it writes history as it goes on, and rewrites old or find missing

WTF...Dude..Lore has nothing to do with it

Principles her, principles are to defend and protect, the horde has crossed her mental line and made her a raving bitch, speaking out hate and nonsense

LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Also, Well Jaina has gone from wanting to make peace with the orcs, to now wanting to kill them and call them despicable cowards and rabid dogs, showing a twisted nature she's never shown to the horde before
    She is calling the war party "dogs", not all of orckind. Calling the murderers of your people dogs does not make you racist or "twisted". She is shocked and immensely angry, so she uses harsh words. If you listen to the stuff the orc commander says before she makes her comments about dogs and mercy it makes more sense. reducing the conversation to her lines as mmo-champion did is not helpful.

By saying she is becoming something twisted and "worse than Varian" you are getting ahead of yourself. You do not have hard data to justify that yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Two points to make.

1. It is highly likely most or all of Theramore's civilians die in the Horde attack, leading to the trauma that pushes Jaina over the edge. This is not an unreasonable thing. Everyone has their limits.

2. We don't know how Jaina's character will advance throughout the expansion and beyond. She may well bring her hatred into check.
    I agree, characters change thats what makes good movies, thats what makes good games..and that what makes fucking good..BOOKS!

LIFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    My problem is we've already been down this road, she's just Varian 2.0. He watched his town destroyed by the Horde, his father killed by one in front of him and when they brought him back in the game he became a one dimentional: "RAAH!! ME HATE HORDE. ME SMASH ALL HORDE!!!" Now they've done the exact same thing to Jaina down to the last letter, retreading the same ground is not what I consider interesting character development. Having her becoming even more determined to stop the war to prevent this from happening again would have been way more interesting, possibly even leading her down some desperate path to force both sides to co-operate no matter the cost.
    That actually would have been interesting, and your right, this garbage has been done with Varian already.

What would have worked more interesting, is if Jaina had become at first hostile to all those around her, including the alliance, because it was Varian's choice to push the war, leading to theramore's destruction, so she blame both sides. But after a character helps her gain clarity, she decides to deal with the war in her own way, forcing horde and alliance to end there conflicts, but using her vast magics to nuke the shit out of there armies until they relent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like her hate is not "I HATE THE HORDE!, THE UGLY THINGS!", is more like "F*** YOU GARROSH AND GO TO HELL (burn garrosh alive)"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm glad that the first option is steamrolling the poll. The people who only want peace in this game clearly play the wrong game, play Hello Kitty's Island Adventure instead...
    Or, you know, we played Warcraft 3, WoW Vanilla, and WoW BC, where there was a cross-faction coalition after learning that there were things out there capable of steamrolling both factions unless they got over the damages of the past.

Or we realize, like Jaina did until this derailment, that if this faction war continues, the Old Golds or the Legion will be able to effortlessly crush whoever survives the faction war, torch Azeroth/recreate it in their twisted image (as the case may be), and roll on to the next planet, and the next, with Velen's visions never coming to pass, leaving the universe at their mercy.

Or maybe we prefer logical decisions being made in-universe rather than plots being shoved in due to out-of-universe decisions.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Next will probably be Sylvanas taking her Val'kyr and wanting to finish off Gilneas next expansion...

...and thus angers Genn Greymane who inflicts the Worgen Curse on himself and vows revenge the following expansion...
    Too late. Genn Greymane is already inflicted by the curse. And he is sure pissed at Sylvanas and would certainly like to bite her bony ass.

...until we all vomit upon knowing it will never end...
    And so goes the story of the world. Or as the great Billy Joel put it :

We didn't start the fire
    It was always burning
    Since the world's been turning
    We didn't start the fire
    No we didn't light it
    But we tried to fight it

We didn't start the fire
    It was always burning
    Since the world's been turning
    We didn't start the fire
    But when we are gone
    It will still burn on and on and on and on
    And on and on and on and on...

I find it interesting and agree with the comments on how Jaina has realized that the dream of peace may be over. On a side note its interesting about the focusing iris. Think maybe the orcs in RFC maybe use that as an excuse to Garrosh. I could see them saying that she's been secretly using it to spy on the horde and give the alliance information about horde weaknesses and where to strike. Therefore Garrosh wouldn't see her as neutral anymore but a threat to the horde. On the side note people saying that the reason Varian hates the horde is stupid are insane. Do you know this guys back story. The orcs coming thru the gate destroyed most of lower Eastern Kingdom and sacked Stormwind. His father was murdered by a half-orc that they foolishly trusted. Later he was a gladiator/slave on the horde market. Seeing all that as a kid and then later being disgraced why wouldn't he hate the orcs... whereas Garrosh has no true reason to back up his hate other than believing that all other races are beneath the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are taking her pissed off soundfiles waaaaaaaaaaaay too literally. She says those lines in the heat of the moment, during the invasion itself, while she's witnessing the Horde's carnage first hand. Of course it's possible that' she'd snap and go berserk on them.

I have no doubts she's becoming more aggressive, and I have no doubt she'll put peace on the sidelines for the time being. But I strongly doubt she'll go "RAWR JAINA CRUSH AND DESTROY" like Garrosh does. And I also doubt her personality change will be permanent.

I believe Jaina will still be Jaina. Only now, her eyes have been opened somewhat. One of her sound files say it, with a calm, with a normal attitude: Peace is not always the answer.

Don't think for a moment Jaina is becoming a genocidal maniac who wants nothing more than annihilating every orc on Azeroth. Don't take a couple of sound files where she's directly responding to the commander of the force that just razed her town while altered from her emotions as proof that she's just a she-Garrosh, human version. Wait and see and let the story develope before going down that path.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-06-02 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Or, you know, we played Warcraft 3, WoW Vanilla, and WoW BC, where there was a cross-faction coalition after learning that there were things out there capable of steamrolling both factions unless they got over the damages of the past.

Or we realize, like Jaina did until this derailment, that if this faction war continues, the Old Golds or the Legion will be able to effortlessly crush whoever survives the faction war, torch Azeroth/recreate it in their twisted image (as the case may be), and roll on to the next planet, and the next, with Velen's visions never coming to pass, leaving the universe at their mercy.

Or maybe we prefer logical decisions being made in-universe rather than plots being shoved in due to out-of-universe decisions.
    this is why I love you Callei (not brown nosing, I swear)

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    My problem is we've already been down this road, she's just Varian 2.0. He watched his town destroyed by the Horde, his father killed by one in front of him and when they brought him back in the game he became a one dimentional: "RAAH!! ME HATE HORDE. ME SMASH ALL HORDE!!!" Now they've done the exact same thing to Jaina down to the last letter, retreading the same ground is not what I consider interesting character development. Having her becoming even more determined to stop the war to prevent this from happening again would have been way more interesting, possibly even leading her down some desperate path to force both sides to co-operate no matter the cost.
    There is a difference unlike Varian Jaina sacrificed a lot for peace with the Horde, the most crucial being her own father. Her nation and Soldiers were all she had left afterwards and now after all those sacrifices Garrosh marches in and instead of occupying the city, he levels it and with it all her sacrifices and all her hopes. Everything she did was for the good of her soldiers and people in mind, now that those were taken from her she is furious. Time will tell if she stays that way or calms down, one thing is for certain her relations to the orcs will never be the same again.

True but Jainas reaction is logical given just how much she sacrificed for Theramore and for peace conly to have the orcs destroy it all. Literally everything she worked for since her escape from Lordaeron was destroyed by Garrosh and his Orcs. Those wounds will need time to heal.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-06-02 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I feel like her hate is not "I HATE THE HORDE!, THE UGLY THINGS!", is more like "F*** YOU GARROSH AND GO TO HELL (burn garrosh alive)"
    Yeah i got exactly the same feeling hence i believe something like her and thrall going to lead the siege on garrosh and after mop she going to stop being like that:P just have this feeling

Why save a world you have no place in? Why bother defeating an Old God just to turn around and see the other faction burned down your city while you were busy?

It's fine to want peace, but sometimes, you have to force it with a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by banan163 View Post
    But the order was to kill everyone, but he disobeyed. then if someone attacks a village and let the civillians go but he didnt know the only place they could run to was a pit of lava then it's still on the attacker.
    Next time your home town is attacked at night and people around you are getting slaughtered, let me know if you were thinking that maybe the attackers left a gap in the lines and if you were expecting to get through there unharmed.

Then again it's a war nothing is justified:P
    That wasn't the order. The order was to get that road built and to do so he had to take out any resistance from the horde, Hawthorne was in charge in the Barrens.