Cool

I had a little bit of fun going 20/4/17 with Ogre Magi today.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...48806890693663

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh, yes, one point in lvl?death is useful for the stun against people with channels (a good choice against furion ex.).
    Or anyone with a TP scroll, really. Which is to say, everyone.

@Pizzaguy, I daresay not skilling LVL Death is a bad choice more often than it is a good one. I've only played Doom the few times I've randomed him (which, come to think of it, is true for a lot of heroes) and almost always been mid. Even if you start out with Stout + Ring of Protection, any competent ranged player will give you a hard time. It doesn't really matter though, your damage is high enough to outlasthit almost any ranged hero even without a QB and your Devour alone guarantees you won't fall too much behind in farm as long as you don't die.

What I usually do is go Devour>nothing>Devour>nothing>Devour, leaving 2 skill points unspent unless I have to put 1 in Scorched Earth to run from a gank. Because Doom is a melee hero, as long as I don't leave the exp range and get a few denies in, I'm pretty certain to hit lvl 6 before the other mid hero, especially if I don't contend them for runes. At this point if the other player is bad and I've made certain I'm at full mana (I usually have had Basillus or Bottle or some Clarities brought in by this point) I can ctrl + EE and combo the other guy back to their fountain. Most players are good enough to not allow me to do this, but as long as they haven't seen me use SE just being level 6 gives me a lot of leverage in the lane. Until they're level 7, the other guy has to play a lot more defensive and I get space to farm or gank (if I want to) with relative ease. Whether or not you want to put more than 1 point in LVL Death is up to you at this point, but it's usually worth it because SE doesn't get that much better with ranks and stats aren't that great for Doom. Most of the creep skills are situational, I usually prefer Taskmaster speed aura unless I want to be extra offensive or defensive in which I case go Alpha Wolf or Ogre, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Or anyone with a TP scroll, really. Which is to say, everyone.
    I don't think I've ever been in a duel with someone who had enough time to TP out before they were dead. With the right build Lucifer really does kill people this fast.

Besides, you still have your ult.

Blink/centaur is the only build with which I would skill lvl?death, and this was the favorite in DotA1, but times have changed. Like I explained pages ago, hard carry doom can do everything caster doom can do, except he's also useful outside of his ult.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-05 at 08:22 AM.

Besides, you still have your ult.
    Not always, nor do you always want to use it just to stop a TP. And a TP'ing enemy doesn't always mean you're instantly at melee range, ready to whack away.

I don't disagree that Doom can carry (although I do disagree with seriously building MoM on, well, any hero) but whenever there's another carry around I do prefer being the 520 MS aura machine with Phase, Vlads, Pipe, Drums and something among the lines of Radiance, Shiva's, Heart (mats) or Blademail.

I find any doom other than hard carry all too easy to ignore. The difference between carry doom and any other build is just really extreme. Honestly, the first game I went a carry build I was just trolling away until I started two shotting people. After having seriously tried it several games in a row I laugh at any doom who tries to build tanky/support. Waste of a pick, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Tiny works good with any kind of stormbolt. Stun them with stormbolt, throw them into avalanche and gz on the free kill.

The problem with your assumption on Doom is assuming that the enemy lane isn't harassing Doomy constantly, and isn't denying. Doomy has 0 base armor which means he takes a lot of damage even from autoattacks (partly compensated by his enormous STR and STR gain) and as a melee hero, he's not going to get easy farm even against many other melee heroes. They're going to level faster than you will and they're going to be cautious against a Doomy with a lot of mana.

I'm sure it works fine in pubs, though
    pro games are different story. I was talking about pubs because you are playing in pubs am I wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    The shit community in DotA never fails to impress. Had a great night, four wins, one loss, plenty of awesome people in every game. End up in a Captains Mode game, where our captain didn't speak English but at least knew the game. Had a Russian that was garbage and didn't speak English (so did the other team, but it's virtually impossible to fuck up Witch Doctor) and took our Naix. Had a choice between Enigma and Krob, asked the other guy left which one he wanted. Waited the 20 sec til the game started, so I took Enigma. We need Black Hole and since they hadn't said shit, I'd rather have me with a weak Enigma than some BR who's drunk off his ass and can't play decent when he's sober anyway.

We get curbstomped most of the game (Naix fed the fuck out of Windrunner and I had to constantly swap to lane to prevent WR from just easymoding the tower down, which really cut into my leveling/farm in jungle), and after we lost a couple of teamfights, our Krob decided he needed to speak up and start raging at me for not landing a Black Hole against a team with VS and WR who know there's a level 6+ Enigma with ulti up. I made a last ditch effort to grab four of them in a Black Hole on top of our tower with two teammates present, but VS had half a pulse and was able to squeeze off a stun while I was in the middle of the cast animation. I die horribly (duh), Krob starts raging and blah blah blah.

I just said fuck it and left the game - I'd rather take a 24 hour break from DotA than put up with any more of that ridiculous fucking horseshit.

Honestly, people like that need to be dragged in the street and have their throats cut. Dead serious. If you're going to be that big of a douche in a fucking video game, how much of a massive twat are you in the real world? World's better off without you, go drink bleach please.

Fucking frustrating because up until that point, I'd been having a really good night.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Enigma is 'gonna have a bad time with VS in the game anyway. Even if you get BKB swap breaks your ult, game over.

Besides, last I checked a rage quit didn't give you a debuff anymore.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-05 at 12:51 PM.

The game needs surrender just like in LoL. I started to see waaaaay more leavers this week. I mean they were really rare in my games(maybe I was lucky?) but now it's just everygame has a leaver.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-05 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The game needs surrender just like in LoL. I started to see waaaaay more leaver this week. I mean they were really rare in my games but now it's just everygame have a leaver.
    What do you need a concede for when the game is free to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    What do you need a concede for when the game is free to leave?
    I didn't say the game needs surrender BECAUSE people leave. I know when some1 leaves, game becomes free to leave. What I'm talking about is the domination. That's the case where the game needs a surrender. I hope they add some really punishing penalties for leavers. Like if you leave 5-10 games in a week, you get banned for a few days etc. and if you keep leaving, you get a perma-ban.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-05 at 07:20 PM.

They should just force you to play low priority games. Not even you get a debuff for so much time, but you get a debuff for so many games. So you can't just log in tomorrow and keep going as ordinary, you'll still be low priority until you suffer through X more games. Make it so if you get reported for afk/trolling your way through a low priority game you earn yourself a ban.

Right now you're free to leave any game at any moment, half the time people don't seem to get any penalty at all. And if they do I've seen anywhere from a few hours of debuff to 24 hours, something you can easily just wait through. Not to mention I've queued with debuffed people and still had 5 minute queues, when I typically get 5-10 minute queues ANYWAY. There really isn't a punishment at all right now and that's the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just force you to play low priority games. Not even you get a debuff for so much time, but you get a debuff for so many games. So you can't just log in tomorrow and keep going as ordinary, you'll still be low priority until you suffer through X more games. Make it so if you get reported for afk/trolling your way through a low priority game you earn yourself a ban.

Right now you're free to leave any game at any moment, half the time people don't seem to get any penalty at all. And if they do I've seen anywhere from a few hours of debuff to 24 hours, something you can easily just wait through. Not to mention I've queued with debuffed people and still had 5 minute queues, when I typically get 5-10 minute queues ANYWAY. There really isn't a punishment at all right now and that's the problem.
    Gonna start leaving games that are pointless. I raged so hard last night at a storm who didn't leave the mid-lane at all. 4 were in bot including his lane and he literally stayed there and then complained when we died 4v2 after they dived past 2 towers

It still bothers me how many people in this game have a complete lack of teamplay philosophy in a game all about teamplay. My biggest fault in dota is actually attempting to save people who are clearly gonna die regardless so it just baffles me
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-07-05 at 09:21 PM.

TP scrolls are for squares anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    TP scrolls are for squares anyway.
    Was that directed at me?

Sarcasm.

Sometimes you have to abandon your team. The friend I play the most with has this issue. We will win our lane like we always do, but maybe the other side lane isn't doing well. Since we're ahead, usually I will go roaming to help the struggling allies, but he decides that a 4v2 is better than a 3v2 and also leaves lane instead of farming. After the allies prove how bad they are in failing to win a stacked skirmish he starts falling behind and committing to kills and saves he can't get out of.

Sometimes it's better to just stay in your lane and farm because there isn't anything you can do anyway. That said, storm is probably the best ganker in the game, it's disappointing to see him do nothing.

As an aside, people dying trying to save allies has got to be by far the number one cause of death in DotA. Even as a support I keep an open mind as to when people will and will not make it out. Omniknight, purification/repel/GA on cooldown and ally has four people on top of him? Bye ally. Probably the one thing that really gets me angry in DotA is when one person gets picked and everyone else rushes in to 1v5 because they think they can save the team fight or something, when they should've all backed up and prepared to fight on their tower. One pick can so easily turn into a 5 for 0, even in high MMR games, because everyone just can't resist running in to 1v5 the enemy team.

Had a Syllabear who refused to get bear early on because it was a "liability", then he proceeded to feed his lane and complain how "hard" it was.

He maxed W and E first but didn't get bear or Ultimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarcasm.

Sometimes you have to abandon your team. The friend I play the most with has this issue. We will win our lane like we always do, but maybe the other side lane isn't doing well. Since we're ahead, usually I will go roaming to help the struggling allies, but he decides that a 4v2 is better than a 3v2 and also leaves lane instead of farming. After the allies prove how bad they are in failing to win a stacked skirmish he starts falling behind and committing to kills and saves he can't get out of.

Sometimes it's better to just stay in your lane and farm because there isn't anything you can do anyway. That said, storm is probably the best ganker in the game, it's disappointing to see him do nothing.

As an aside, people dying trying to save allies has got to be by far the number one cause of death in DotA. Even as a support I keep an open mind as to when people will and will not make it out. Omniknight, purification/repel/GA on cooldown and ally has four people on top of him? Bye ally. Probably the one thing that really gets me angry in DotA is when one person gets picked and everyone else rushes in to 1v5 because they think they can save the team fight or something, when they should've all backed up and prepared to fight on their tower. One pick can so easily turn into a 5 for 0, even in high MMR games, because everyone just can't resist running in to 1v5 the enemy team.
    It's a natural urge that i'm slowly shaking off

I reported that Storm anyway since he decided to spend the majority of the game on a cliff above Roshan via his ulti

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got into the game with an invite and I'm enjoying it so much, sure, I'm a total nub but it's so fun and most of the time so satisfying, never got that feeling while playing LoL.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

I dont understand the matchmaking sometimes. I just lost a game where it was so clear that the other team was much much better than ours.