Poll: True Capitalism or True Communism?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

True Capitalism or True Communism?

Which would you prefer?

True Capitalism or true Communism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the true communism can actually exist in its intended form by somehow circumventing human greed?

True communism any day. But... that's a pretty tall limitation to overcome

Human nature makes true communism impossible.

True capitalism, on the other hand, would be awesome.

True communism, but it will never happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    Human nature makes true communism impossible.

True capitalism, on the other hand, would be awesome.
    How so? A true capitalist system... if someone does't like you, they bribe the profit based security force to turn an eye while they pay someone to beat you up and pay another person to hide the body. Oh, and if you're like the vast majority of people, over the course of time as the wealth disparity gets larger and larger, you'l be at the very bottom of society

Deleted
    Question to OP: How deep is your knowledge of both systems besides "yay, money is good" and "let's share everything"?

I don't see a point in asking a difficult question in such a simplified way... what do you expect, aside the inevitable discussion that will lead to nothing more then offended people?

I think extremes are inherently flawed ideas, especially here. I would choose neither because they'd both likely end up with somebody like me dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaedric View Post
    Question to OP: How deep is your knowledge of both systems besides "yay, money is good" and "let's share everything"?

I don't see a point in asking a difficult question in such a simplified way... what do you expect, aside the inevitable discussion that will lead to nothing more then offended people?
    How could this offend anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I think extremes are inherently flawed ideas, especially here. I would choose neither because they'd both likely end up with somebody like me dead.
    Agreed, compromise works much better with all the inconsistencies in humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    True communism is a utopia. But if it could work, then it would be great.

I think John Lennon's ideas in "Imagine" are great.

The problem with capitalism is, that people with disabilities will be treated inhumanely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Agreed, compromise works much better with all the inconsistencies in humanity.
    Not really... collaboration works far better than compromise. There have been plenty of compromises lately that have proven to be unsuccessful for that reason.

True Communism.

But I don't think it would ever work for groups so large that you don't know everyone's name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Not really... collaboration works far better than compromise. There have been plenty of compromises lately that have proven to be unsuccessful for that reason.
    Collaboration may work better, but take Congress in the United States for example. Some of the congressional members don't want to collaborate or compromise and look how badly that is turning out, collaboration requires both parties are trying to achieve the same goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Collaboration may work better, but take Congress in the United States for example. Some of the congressional members don't want to collaborate or compromise and look how badly that is turning out, collaboration requires both parties are trying to achieve the same goals.
    And that is exactly what I was referring to. Lets look at some compromises in the past few years.... how well did half of a stimulus do? Half stimulating the economy worked out wonderfully. How about half of a health care reform? If the Republican party finds so many things wrong with the health care mandate... maybe by actually working on the bill instead of nay saying everything, they could actually come to an agreeable conclusion.

Deleted
    Communism is good on paper but it won't work in real life. We are greedy assholes but what can you do because it's hard coded in our nature.

True communism.

True Communism, but it would never work and I wouldn't expect it to ever work.

LOL at the results.
    True Communism can never exist in a large group, and I wouldn't want it anyway.
    True capitalism is pretty cool, on the other hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vainglorious View Post
    LOL at the results.
    True Communism can never exist in a large group, and I wouldn't want it anyway.
    That is what "true" is for....
    so please, tell me, what exactly is it about capitalism that is.. cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglorious View Post
    Not for most people. There's a reason we don't have True capitalism anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    How could this offend anyone?
    I did not say that your topic offends somebody, but as you can see in the last posts: it drifts towards a subjective bashing á la "if your not with me, your against me".