Page 40 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, at least we got something I am really glad of, which MMO-Champ missed:

Item - Warrior PvP Set 4P Bonus: Your Heroic Leap ability now also cancels all immobilizing and movement impairing effects.

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=131668
    Well I guess now we are stuck with weapon chains for PvP again but I'm not complaining because of this change unless it goes with the 60% disarm.
    Old Computer

New Computer

Deleted

Item - Warrior PvP Set 4P Bonus: Your Heroic Leap ability now also cancels all immobilizing and movement impairing effects.
    wooow thats awsome

Quote Originally Posted by IXBillyXI View Post
    Well I guess now we are stuck with weapon chains for PvP again but I'm not complaining because of this change unless it goes with the 60% disarm.
    Good point.. cant tell until maint is over

i know my suggestion is probably not going to happen, or might make warrior too op and probably been suggested before and i might get flamed for it but here is

make mastery arp, remove cs, put a cap on there or something and balance out the damage. Since we are the only class that uses physical damage on every tree
    or give us back 20%+ crit (ill settle for 20%, since theres no way in hell warriors will be getting 30% back) + damage buff on our most used abilities (ms and op) and remove cs.

and give heroic leap a small area of aoe slow, assuming the pathing issue has been fixed, and we can use it correctly.

ever since cs came out, our damage has been shifted around(by shifted, i mean nerfed) that, with no compensation of anything; and most of the time using it against melee, its parried or dodge even with expertise capped. There is no reason why that ability should stay, unless it cant be parried or dodged.
    If i remember correctly, rogues only get 70% arp if they open from stealth. however, what made it so good was their damaging ability hits hard, and their crit is at least 50% and up(dont remember it correctly). When they open on unaware clothies, it was death strolling down the street.
    Now, we have abilities to build up rage and have other abilities to use rage. Why try to make warrior similar to them but with smaller window, not guaranteed, and less effective?
    I dont think this is the change to warriors' outdated mechanic that the community is asking for.

maybe it is just me, but i enjoyed bc days way more. every class had some kind of flaws, but they combo with other classes to make up for it. classes was as balance as can be. THEN comes the wotlk, and present day, and everything is just shitty. PVE favors range, PVP favors individual class (yes mages im looking at you guys lol), FOTM + FOTM + FOTM = 60% of higher ranking population (im just guessing)

And GC needs go to

Deleted
    Na, disarm 60% is now 2-set bonus along with the classic +stats.

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=131668
    HOLY GOD FINALLY!

Oh well, too bad it doesn't matter because we'll be the weakest hitting class in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    We will be the weakest hitting class in the game?? Can you prove it? I will test it on my warri

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    HOLY GOD FINALLY!

Oh well, too bad it doesn't matter because we'll be the weakest hitting class in the game.
    Well, i can agree with that, because we have to rely on one stupid ability (example: bladestorm).

But wait... whats going on with the glove set? (i hope the 3 rage from hamstring is gone, its pointless).

Quote Originally Posted by 6FeetDeep View Post
    We will be the weakest hitting class in the game?? Can you prove it? I will test it on my warri
    Test it and you'll see for yourself. While other plate classes' abilities are hitting for 200%+ weapon damage consistently, our most vital attacks are 150% and 100%. Our hardest hitting attack (slam) also requires more set up than a 3 HP TV due to how terribly rage generation was gutted in the past patch. Even if and when rage generation is buffed we still won't be able to get slams off more than once every 12 seconds or so.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    But wait... whats going on with the glove set? (i hope the 3 rage from hamstring is gone, its pointless).
    Well since you are far away from drowning in rage I would say it is at least more useful than it was now.
    Test it and you'll see for yourself. While other plate classes' abilities are hitting for 200%+ weapon damage consistently, our most vital attacks are 150% and 100%. Our hardest hitting attack (slam) also requires more set up than a 3 HP TV due to how terribly rage generation was gutted in the past patch. Even if and when rage generation is buffed we still won't be able to get slams off more than once every 12 seconds or so.
    I do not get the design intentions behind it every time I see how much damage bloodthirst deals I just feel depressed having even pushed that button.

Quote Originally Posted by kooboi View Post
    make mastery arp, remove cs, put a cap on there or something and balance out the damage.
    How i would love to see this happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have been saying it over and over again.the warrior class is not even doing what it was designated to do,be the heavy hitters in plate.MS,OP hits like a wet noodle,while other classes are blowing the dps charts while doing there normal rotation.warriors did not gain much if any utility at all in mop.even with CS up,warriors hit like shit,hell even on live we do less damage when we pop all are cds,and other class just do there normal rotation.

go back in this tread and watch the arena videos that were posted.once you actuality see the damage #'s other classes are putting out,you think twice about playing MOP.

@meathead
    i know exactly what you are talking about. but i will be honest here i am quite happy with what we can bring in an arena now. we bring a number of utility but sadly damage is not one of them. you have to admit this heroic leap set bonus is very sweet. warriors have been suggesting this for blizzard for a while now and i am shocked that they actually provided. However i think blizzard will remove the glyph i hope they dont because 30 sec root breaker is not op in any way.

That said there might be hope for our damage because based on feedback from people that blizzard actually listen to melees are lacking in the damage department vs casters in pve. The only down side i see to that is that warriors now bring those 20% crit damage banners blizz can easily rely on this banner for warriors to get a spot in raids since no other class provides this.
    In addition to melee being behind in damage the majority of the new bosses are yet again favoring range. we know how blizzard fixed that in 4.2 they gave a ghetto 10% ap buff to melee to compensate.
    Last edited by WarTV; 2012-07-28 at 01:07 AM.

I think i've mentioned this some time, but slam is the WORST hardest hitting ability (compare it to obliterate, TV, etc). There needs to be something special about slam, maybe it can put a debuff on the target or additional chance to crit, i mean every ability has something special about them (hence TV doing physical and holy dmg depending on mastery). 30 rage is ALOT to put out and the 1.5 gcd kills it because we need to put out some dmg in a matter of time.

Mortal strike is our bread and butter ability. Having it buff or enable other attacks doesn't make MS itself special. As it is right now, MS feels less "arms warrior" than ever before.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:22 AM ----------

So resilience got buffed to where people with cataclysmic gear on PTR have 80% damage reduction (I had 61% before the buff). I see shadow priests complaining about 5k mind blasts and frost mages about 20k shatters. My instant reaction was "HAHA SUCKERS HOW DOES IT FEEL". But then I logged into PTR and dueled a frost mage.

I was CRITTING MORTAL STRIKES FOR 5k WITH COLOSSUS SMASH UP. DRAGON ROAR WITH TRINKET + BLOOD FURY FOR 15k. Seriously, holy god just...what...
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-07-28 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IXBillyXI View Post
    You still get to keep the disarm bonus too.

Deleted
    Mortal strike is our bread and butter ability. Having it buff or enable other attacks doesn't make MS itself special. As it is right now, MS feels less "arms warrior" than ever before.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:22 AM ----------

So resilience got buffed to where people with cataclysmic gear on PTR have 80% damage reduction (I had 61% before the buff). I see shadow priests complaining about 5k mind blasts and frost mages about 20k shatters. My instant reaction was "HAHA SUCKERS HOW DOES IT FEEL". But then I logged into PTR and dueled a frost mage.

I was CRITTING MORTAL STRIKES FOR 5k WITH COLOSSUS SMASH UP. DRAGON ROAR WITH TRINKET + BLOOD FURY FOR 15k. Seriously, holy god just...what...
    i do without any cds on lvl 90s mortal strike avarage 20k.

Should see the positive side of the patch - at least you are looking entirely ready for toilet scrubbing now in that pvp set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    warriors did not gain much if any utility at all in mop.
    If you're playing DPS in PvE for the expansion, you've got wonderful utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    @meathead
    i know exactly what you are talking about. but i will be honest here i am quite happy with what we can bring in an arena now. we bring a number of utility but sadly damage is not one of them. you have to admit this heroic leap set bonus is very sweet. warriors have been suggesting this for blizzard for a while now and i am shocked that they actually provided. However i think blizzard will remove the glyph i hope they dont because 30 sec root breaker is not op in any way.

That said there might be hope for our damage because based on feedback from people that blizzard actually listen to melees are lacking in the damage department vs casters in pve. The only down side i see to that is that warriors now bring those 20% crit damage banners blizz can easily rely on this banner for warriors to get a spot in raids since no other class provides this.
    In addition to melee being behind in damage the majority of the new bosses are yet again favoring range. we know how blizzard fixed that in 4.2 they gave a ghetto 10% ap buff to melee to compensate.
    see im not happy with the way warriors are atm,we can start with no rage from damage taken.im a pvper,and only do a little pve from time to time.how do i as a warrior get rage if im disarmed?how do i get rage if im stun locked and cc "think rogue opening on a warrior"

2nd- warrior utility is not that good,we broken even if that.we lost the root on hamstring = flat nerf. we can get DR or shock-wave for a stun,but we lost TD= push.but if we take a stun "DR or SW" we have lost BS= nerf.mass spell reflect seems ok,but it has a 1 min cd.now compare that to how SR use to be on a 10 cd = nerf.the old SR was 10 times better then having the new SR and MSR at the same time.MSR will not even be the talent everyone uses,that talent will be safeguard.a 30 sec root break is took good to pass up.now you factor safeguard in with the buff to HL,that = high up time "if we can get HL to work"

so you see all this utility people think warriors are getting actually is not happening.we gain 1 new ability but lose our old version of it.its like brak'en even at best.actually if we take BS now,we will have less stuns in mop then we do on live,lol.dotn forget charge stun dr's with itself again,thats going to hurt bad.

besides all that i just said,it comes down to warriors not doing what they are designed to do.thats be the heavy hitters in plate.we used to have more health and str then any other class,but thats all gone now.we are now weaker then other classes that can cc and heal themselves all day long.its just sad to see what they have done to warriors the last to x-pacs.and do not be fooled,what GC and the rest of the dumb asses at blizz are doing to rage,its a straight up nerf "a big nerf" to warriors.no rage from damage taken,lmfao-its not rage its energy now.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    If you're playing DPS in PvE for the expansion, you've got wonderful utility.
    and what would that utility be?and do not say banners,they are just shouts taken from us and made into banners.