Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Holy crap @ disarm wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Kind of, I guess? xD

If you look closely, it looks like the lower half of the blade is on the left and the rest on the right, with a red impact thing in the middle.

It does look like a sword cutting something in half, yeah.
    I always thought it was a cross-section of a bone being shattered... the red insides being the marrow of the bone.

Anyway, I too thought that disarm was some kind of axe.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    what on earth is hymn of hope
    Hey just real quick where did you get your sig from?
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    There are a bunch of icons that I have a epiphany about. Most recently the enchant scroll, didn't know it was an actual picture of a scroll.
    haha! When I first started playing, I always thought that the recipe scrolls was a little man with some kind of background. I think it might have been 3 years when I realized it was a picture of a scroll. Every now and then I try to make myself look at it how I once did just for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also never noticed this and though it was an axe or something. It also took me years to notice that Corruption was a picture of a face throwing up blood. At least I think that's what it is.

Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-07 at 01:57 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account

I always though the Moonkin Form icon looked like a map.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 01:49 AM ----------

It's a statue (looks like a woman, maybe) with rose petals on it. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

until this thread spiked my interest I actually never noticed Garrote was barbed wire. I also thought honor amongst thieves was actually lazily some shaman tier shoulder icon that looked like samus' morph ball

Deleted
    All of WC3 and Early WoW I thought cleave was a parrot (the axe bit being the beak) .

can someone PLEASE explain what the blink icon is? i've realized it's a thing blinking, but what?

Quote Originally Posted by MustacheSnowglobe View Post
    can someone PLEASE explain what the blink icon is? i've realized it's a thing blinking, but what?
    It's a male dwarf in profile, with a bright spot as his eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MustacheSnowglobe View Post
    It's a purple guy with a big mustache/beard with a shiny eye.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

My big moment was realising that the Evangelism icon isn't a pair of weird fiery goblets but a face with eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    I didn't notice the fingers in conflagrate for a while.
    :O

I only just saw that now!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    hehe, I remember when some friend of mine said; "The crusader aura icon is a horse." And I replied; "Omfg, I have never seen that before now!"
    Hehe yeah that looked weird to me for years.

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    I'm still having trouble with the Warrior's Recklessness icon. Seriously, what the hell does that thing represent? It's been bugging me ever since I saw it in Warcraft 3 as the Critical Strike icon. :|
    I looked close once, it's a curved blade like a scimitar cutting through a wound or gash. But the blade is red! So it just looks like a cooked crab's claw.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 02:08 AM ----------

Look close, it's not a gravestone it's like a bishop or something. With a big circle behind him.

Blink: This is an image of an old human mage (bald, and has a beard), not a dwarf (think of like "Archmage" in Warcraft III).

Guess what this is?

Answer: it's a silhouette of a tauren linked by a glowing chain with a humanoid
    Last edited by ponens; 2012-09-07 at 02:11 AM.

Being that my first and main toon is a lock (since early tBC); it took me this long to realize my Felpuppy's Spell Lock...

Tis a hand squeezing a brain!

10+ Year Old Account
    Best topic ever! So many icons have me scratching my head, lol, including Recklessness like someone else here mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, this thread gave me a good laugh. I think the disarm and whirlwind icons took me the longest to figure out, personally. I still like to look at whirlwind as a dreamcatcher as well though. I mean, who wouldn't want a dreamcatcher full of steel, blood and pain?

I could never figure out what the recklessness icon (I think that was also the icon for increased crit for blademasters back in WC3) was.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I could never figure out what the recklessness icon (I think that was also the icon for increased crit for blademasters back in WC3) was.
    It's hard to see but it's a sword cutting someone in half length wise.

Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-07 at 02:21 AM.

Good grief so many Revelations in this thread, I'm flabbergasted at just how little I paid attention to some of the Icons :O

And I'm on the bandwagon that always thought Disarm was a Axe O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    this is funny. cause i've played a warrior tank as my main since mid BC.. and i have always thought the disarm icon looks like a boxing glove.