Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    No, it's truth. If you can inform me of all the massive amounts of PvE content that isn't just leveling, a few dungeons (yes, only a few), and "dynamic" world zergfests, by all means, show me.
    Your error is that everything in this game, including PvP, causes you to level. The entire game is "just leveling" period. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not PvE content. Just because this PvE content does not appeal to you, does not mean this game is PvP centric.

The PvE in this game is meant to be incredibly casual "pick-up-and-play" focused, with emphasis on playing with your friends, rather than on competitively racing through challenging content to be the most elite of the elite.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The PvE in this game is meant to be incredibly casual "pick-up-and-play" focused, with emphasis on playing with your friends, rather than on competitively racing through challenging content to be the most elite of the elite.
    How long does it take to do a full dungeon run? What about a full dungeon run in a casual pug?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    How long does it take to do a full dungeon run? What about a full dungeon run in a casual pug?
    No idea. But I do hope you're not confusing the word "casual" with the word "unskilled" as that would be a great error on your part.

If a dungeon does take a few hours, then whatever, it takes a few hours. Some people do that, some people don't.

But that still doesn't compare to what raiding is in WoW, for example, where you can have scheduled raids that total up to 20 hours a week, for some guilds.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-07 at 09:05 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the reasons I bought the game. It's a nice fit with no huge time requirement like raiding does in other games. It's also gorgeous art, great vistas, fun puzzles, fighting, crafting, and if you slow down and read some of the dialouge with NPCs - very funny.

I have a 35 Ranger and 19 elementalist, I've just started the game, and hope continue dabbling away at it having fun, enjoying the micro transactions. Why not, it's all about choices.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    That's a wide open question. My records include CM in 17 minutes. My longest is probably around 2 hours for TA explorable. It's worth noting that the first time I did AC it took several hours also, because we were all level 30. Going back and doing AC at level 80, even though it scales down, is a different ballgame. If you're running with a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing and / or are very close to the minimum level of the dungeon then it's going to take longer and can be extremely difficult. I've done a variety with pugs, including 2 explorables with pugs, I've also run a lot of dungeons with my friends and there is a massive difference in runs depending on who you're with and where you're going.

No idea. But I do hope you're not confusing the word "casual" with the word "unskilled" as that would be a great error on your part.
    I'm using the word "casual" to describe people who might not be able to commit to a 3 hour session of GW2 in one sitting. By "casual pug" I'm referring to a group you can grab quickly after logging in without having to wait on forming the group with only known guild members/friends who might or might not be free at the specific time you want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the word "casual" to describe people who might not be able to commit to a 3 hour session of GW2 in one sitting. By "casual pug" I'm referring to a group you can grab quickly after logging in without having to wait on forming the group with only known guild members/friends who might or might not be free at the specific time you want to play.
    Should probably see my edit. Playing a game for 3-4 hours straight, at your convenience, isn't particularly unheard of for casual players. It's committing to a specific scheduled time on specific days week after week, and then getting "punished" for not showing up at those times when something in the real world comes up, that casual players typically want to avoid.

On a side-note, that touches on why we're unlikely to ever see PvE content designed to be competitive.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-07 at 09:12 PM.

I think thats exactly its niche. I mean i play wow, i raid a lot with my guild and pvp occasionally, but that doesnt mean i bore of the same old world and not yearn to dick around in another, and one without subs thats not locking you out of content is right up my alley.

Has anyone beat all the dungeons on explorable yet?

GW2 is ok. The PvE gets old a little bit, at first it was super fun. One thing I can say for it is that WvWvW is utterly amazing. It is not a zergfest on good servers. I just happened to be in one fo the top 3 servers for wvwvw by chance..... Every match is really fun. I hate PvP in almost every other game, especially WoW and this is just amazingly fun. 24 hour games are awesome. Your whole server bands together and takes pride in winning.

By saying that no other MMO offers more at max level then GW2, which is incorrect. Also, nobody responded in an impulsive or primal manner. Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they're being "impulsive" or "primal".

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 04:29 PM ----------

No, it's truth. If you can inform me of all the massive amounts of PvE content that isn't just leveling, a few dungeons (yes, only a few), and "dynamic" world zergfests, by all means, show me.
    Well, baseless assumptions (without any arguments to back them up) are impulsive and primal. I made a list of some things you can do, in depth, in GW2. I wonder which other game offers the same options and depth to players after they cap their level. Wow? 1 raid, every 4 months, professions you can cap in an hour and have nihil use, apart from a silly stat buff? What else? If you're really that near-sighted I suggest you use Rift as an example, which puts wow to shame when it comes to frequency of content releases.

Now compare what GW2 offers at level cap, to what other mmos offer. Indeed, it's more, much more, whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Has anyone beat all the dungeons on explorable yet?
    That an interesting question. In other games it's all about who beats the content first. In GW2 nobody cares. It's about fun, that's all.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-09-08 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By saying that no other MMO offers more at max level then GW2, which is incorrect.
    How is it not correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I think gw2 is a damn pretty good game to play along side other games but not as the sole game you play day in and day out for years. I can see myself login in every week to do some spvp or maybe some wvw but the pve content isn't there for a long run. I would say it's the main reason I bought the game. The no sub allows me to play it this way without feeling like I'm throwing away money.
    Last edited by yuca247; 2012-09-08 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Well, baseless assumptions (without any arguments to back them up) are impulsive and primal. I made a list of some things you can do, in depth, in GW2. I wonder which other game offers the same options and depth to players after they cap their level. Wow? 1 raid, every 4 months, professions you can cap in an hour and have nihil use, apart from a silly stat buff? What else? If you're really that near-sighted I suggest you use Rift as an example, which puts wow to shame when it comes to frequency of content releases.
    It's ironic how you compare gw2 crafting and wow crafting.
    Funny how you can also max out a crafting profession in 1 hour in gw2.
    Funny how gw2 crafting professions give you jack shit, in comparison to that silly stat buff in wow.
    Funny how gw2 offers nothing more than your average mmo at level cap. Exploring? Clearing level 30 dungeons? Doing zergfest wvw (unless you're on a good server)?
    That's pretty much it. There is nothing you can do at max level that you can't do at lower level. Absolutely nothing. The worst thing about it is that when you're lower level - your main goal is leveling up and developing your character. What's the incentive of doing that @ max level? Better gear? Oh, wait.
    And i'm pretty sure when the lower level population scales down, the dynamic events in lower level zones will be absolutely horrible, the huge leveling zones will be empty and the game will feel dead. Unless our mighty 80's will come down to low-level zones to grind some centaurs for "fun", obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Funny how gw2 crafting professions give you jack shit
    You're so funny when you're wrong.

You're so funny when you're wrong.
    All of those are available @ TP.

Funny how gw2 crafting professions give you jack shit, in comparison to that silly stat buff in wow.
    Funny how gw2 offers nothing more than your average mmo at level cap. Exploring? Clearing level 30 dungeons? Doing zergfest wvw (unless you're on a good server)?
    That's pretty much it. There is nothing you can do at max level that you can't do at lower level. Absolutely nothing. The worst thing about it is that when you're lower level - your main goal is leveling up and developing your character. What's the incentive of doing that @ max level? Better gear? Oh, wait.
    And i'm pretty sure when the lower level population scales down, the dynamic events in lower level zones will be absolutely horrible, the huge leveling zones will be empty and the game will feel dead. Unless our mighty 80's will come down to low-level zones to grind some centaurs for "fun", obviously.
    WoW solves it by automatically moving player to another realm. In Guild Wars 2 you can choose to guesting on another full server - you can move to whatever full server you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of those are available @ TP.
    Point? It still comes from crafting. It's funny how GW2 doesn't force you to do something to get power!

So you don't like their design choices.

There are plenty of people who do. Get over yourself. You've managed to make yourself sound like an ass by pretty much spewing falsities.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much it. There is nothing you can do at max level that you can't do at lower level. Absolutely nothing.
    I want to genuinely ask about this one, specific point: what's bad about that?

I for one am enjoying that I don't have to be max level to enjoy this game. I haven't enjoyed leveling in WoW since I got my first character to 70.