Poll: Do you support a Cyber Bullying or in Person Bullying?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Parents, it's up to the parents.
    Parents can't supervise what is going on in school
    And we are talking about teens here, not children.
    Doesn't change anything

I believe most teachers do care, but they either DONT hear about it, or have no tools to deal with it.
    Nope, they just don't care.

We cannot even deal with most of the stuff that happen illegaly , bullying will be the same , I was thinking by now people woul dknow thta laws arent a way to stop something most of the time.
    Nope, that's bullshit. Laws exist for a reason, courts exist for a reason, authority exist for a reason. The mere fact that some people are against some laws is proof that laws work, or they wouldn't be worried about them if they didn't.

We were all bullied at one point or another. Its how we learn to be tougher and it is a rite of passage just like puberty or joining a fraternity. Get over yourself. People who let it get to them are weak minded or have poor parents or both.
    You seem to think bullying is about getting called some names and end of story. Nope, doesn't work that way. And you can't seriously dismiss something like this by saying that a fucking kid is just weak minded or has poor parents. Also, your romanticized vision of bullying as a "rite of passage" is pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Would she have done it if those hurtful comments were never said?
    Telling someone to go jump off a bridge and them actually doing it is not causality (barring military orders).
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post

You're the kind of person that believes that learning karate or kung fu will make you a badass able to take a dozen of armed thugs in the street
    Don't know where your getting that I said fight back not become the karate kid. If you need back up because there's a few of em ask your friends. But don't let them bully you to the point that suicide looks better. Now you should always try to go to an adult first but as we have seen it doesn't always do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Children are not as stupid as you make them out to be. They can tell the difference between playful teasing and actual hurtful comments. Do you honestly think it's okay for a kid to stand up in the middle of class, call Billy a dirty fag, and then have everyone laugh along in agreement?

You just aren't getting it. There is a difference between harmless teasing and bullying, nobody is suggesting we walk on eggshells, we are suggesting you show people some degree of respect and common courtesy.
    No, you misunderstand me again, First child stands up, calls billy a dirty fag, that child is off to the office for some trouble.
    But as for billy, he needs to understand that life isnt fair and the world is full of people who are going to call him a dirty fag, so suck it up billy and put the razor down.
    Would I let it happen? nope, would I get the first kid in trouble? yup, would I cry if little billy killed himeself? fuck no. Raise a stronger child then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    How about kids somehow learn how to toughen the fuck up. Seriously.
    I wanna see you approach 5+ kids and throw a punch at the gang leader, without them beating the life out of you, rupturing your testicles so you'll never, ever produce offspring, and let's see how tough you are after that.

Don't be talking "toughen up" if you have no clue what it feels like to be bullied. You CAN'T go after an entire group alone. Understand? Don't even talk about "oh then I'll find 20 other guys"...you aren't in a place to DO THAT, when you're the bullied. Think about it - the bullies go after the weak and isolated.

I hope your own kid commits suicide. Seriously.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-31 at 02:47 AM.

This for real I'm tired of all this bully drama. Bullying has been around for thousands of years. Now all of a sudden since we are the care bear generation every body gotta be cuddle bunnies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuulikki 27 View Post
    No, you misunderstand me again, First child stands up, calls billy a dirty fag, that child is off to the office for some trouble.
    But as for billy, he needs to understand that life isnt fair and the world is full of people who are going to call him a dirty fag, so suck it up billy and put the razor down.
    Would I let it happen? nope, would I get the first kid in trouble? yup, would I cry if little billy killed himeself? fuck no. Raise a stronger child then that.
    It has nothing to do with strength. Someone contemplating suicide has no self esteem, they may as well already be dead. Billy isn't going to commit suicide because of that one comment, it'll probably hurt him but he'll get over it. It's when the comments and insults keep coming for years that the real problems begin. If you're called a dirty fag enough times you'll eventually believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    We were all bullied at one point or another. Its how we learn to be tougher and it is a rite of passage just like puberty or joining a fraternity. Get over yourself. People who let it get to them are weak minded or have poor parents or both.
    Did the following happen to you?

1) the bullies go behind you and stick pins into your back. they laugh at you going "ouch"
    2) they clothesline you in the hallway, wrestling style, causing your binders/books to go flying. They then rip up your homework, run, and laugh

You do realize that these days, it's not one guy. It's a whole gang, all of whom are bigger than you. Teachers cannot do anything. Take a swing at them? That's what they want. They are looking for excuse to fight. So what are you gonna do, toughen up?

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Knight Gil;18933025]Parents can't supervise what is going on in school

Doesn't change anything

I believe most teachers do care, but they either DONT hear about it, or have no tools to deal with it.

Nope, they just don't care.

You'll find teachers care, but so much power has been taking away from them they can't help
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Don't know where your getting that I said fight back not become the karate kid.
    Fight back against someone who is probably much bigger and much tougher than you and probably has a load of friends around laughing at you? Good luck with that. It works, in some cases, yes. But most of the time, kids will just get their ass kicked.

If you need back up because there's a few of em ask your friends.
    Implying the bullied kid has anyone to trust in the first place. Heh

But don't let them bully you
    As if it's really up to them.

Now you should always try to go to an adult first but as we have seen it doesn't always do anything.
    And that's exactly why schools should enforce stricter anti-bullying programs.

Really, some of you people have absolutely no idea of what bullying is.

This for real I'm tired of all this bully drama. Bullying has been around for thousands of years. Now all of a sudden since we are the care bear generation every body gotta be cuddle bunnies.
    And just because it has been around for thousands of years it means we should just let them be? Slavery was around for thousands of years. Most of the world got rid of that. Homosexuals have been discriminated for thousands of years. Recently, people have started fighting for gay rights. Really, tradition is a pathetic excuse
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2012-10-30 at 11:29 PM.

They should outlaw kids on the internet. :P

Get off my lawn!

And if you know the people insulting you on the internet in real life?
    Stop caring what other people think about you. I don't see how it's that hard. Not everyone is going to like you on this planet, so ignore the haters and go about your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So there's three huge issues that would make such a law absolutely impossible to pass. Can't define it, can't control it, can't really punish for it.
    Can't define it? Sure you can. It's being defined for scientific studies and in order to talk about it in schools. Defining it by intent is perfectly possible. Plenty of behaviors are only illegal if the intent behind them is "wrong".

Can't control it? Sure you can. I'm not going to cite statistics (because I can't be bothered to look them up), but I'm willing to bet that most cases of actually cyberbullying is done by people the victim knows in real life. This would make it an harassment case for the local police.

Can't really punish it? Sure you can. Community-oriented sentencing, perpetrator-victim conferencing, reintegrative shaming and other types of restorative justice can easily be used for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Stop caring what other people think about you. I don't see how it's that hard. Not everyone is going to like you on this planet, so ignore the haters and go about your business.
    In the case of bullying it's the majority of your peers that don't like you. Even for an adult that would be hard to not care about.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2012-10-30 at 11:30 PM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Bullied kids don't tell anyone they are actually being bullied.
    The ones that have actual relationships with their parents do. That is to say, their parents aren't also insensitive dicks.

That, and a lot of bullying is pretty public. Look how many people knew about each situation that's been in the news lately; they just all had the same "not my problem" mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would she have done it if those hurtful comments were never said?

Also you keep complaining about not being able to say what's on your mind "walking on eggshells", that's an issue of free speech.
    To bad for her, a hurtful comment would have been made sooner or later, it's life, it's the world.
    a billion other kids didn't kill themselves, so, sorry for her, but, bye bye. Maybe it was a underlying mental health issue that lead to this?

I do believe in free speech, not harrasin some poor kid, or insightin violence. Come on now, you know that.
    Tho the comments didn't need to be made and they were mean, ITS HER FAULT SHE KILLED HERSELF. That's why no one is being charged. Because, well, she killed herself. And the courst and laws will never be able to define who what and when and where is the reason one person my hurt themselves, and you know why you can't figure that out? because everyone is different, so, it sucks she was a suicidal person, but she did it, she did it, she, herself.

@Falconblade, you are right that some teachers are like that, we need to smarten them up and give them tools to deal with this.

Also, I am out, I am hungry and it's time to walk my dogs.
    So, reply all you want but I will prob miss most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by starvethedead View Post
    I hope your own kid commits suicide. Seriously.
    wow....just wow. You are now worse than the guy you said this to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with strength. Someone contemplating suicide has no self esteem, they may as well already be dead. Billy isn't going to commit suicide because of that one comment, it'll probably hurt him but he'll get over it. It's when the comments and insults keep coming for years that the real problems begin. If you're called a dirty fag enough times you'll eventually believe it.
    Then maybe billy is the problem. Because the other 29 kids in the class who get made fun of as well, arn't killing themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then maybe billy is the problem. Because the other 29 kids in the class who get made fun of as well, arn't killing themselves.
    You can't be fucking serious?

And when your "stronger child" comes home with bruises, cuts, and refuses to talk and just says "i'm fine, i walked into a pole", it's all fine, right?

The reality of today:

1) teachers are dis-empowered to do anything.
    2) times have changed. kids today are different than when we were kids 20-30 years ago. it's never 1 on 1 fighting. more like 10 vs 1. And the "1" is the bullied. He is just not gonna win against 10 opponents, even if they came at him one at a time James bond villain-style. everyone rushes at you, and beats you until you're on the brink of death.