Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?19466-Dead-Linger&p=885364&posted=1#post885364 - I cant post links so add HTTP: to the front of this

I think this guy Sergey behind WarZ is one of the sleaziest, immature, money grabbing scumbags working in games today -

what he says about the dead linger is mean, and I am and glad I got my refund

So not that long ago he was calling people faggots and now his is knocked sandswept studios - And people actually praise him.
    there are 2 possibilities with that post.
    1. He attacks the Dead Linger
    2. Sergey attacks the dayz community cause he found a post where some people said "better zombie game than War Z"

either way he never clarified what it was after he started that flamepost, so defo troll behaviour. And next to some lol posts that only read Sergeys post. There are also people thanking sergey for bringing the game up to their attention. As that pre alpha footage resulted gave some people interested in the developement. And later in that post you will find some good footage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that guy just lost my money. I would have considered playing his game along side DayZ, but now Im going on the anti-WarZ war path. Not here of course out of respect to this community. But anywhere else, fuck that guy and his game.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Wow, that guy just lost my money. I would have considered playing his game along side DayZ, but now Im going on the anti-WarZ war path. Not here of course out of respect to this community. But anywhere else, fuck that guy and his game.
    Why not just remain neutral? That’s what I’m doing if I like the game ill buy it... going to ignore the developer politics, as long as I get my cash/hours worth.

but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Why not just remain neutral? That’s what I’m doing if I like the game ill buy it... going to ignore the developer politics, as long as I get my cash/hours worth.

but that's just me.
    I have been neutral, until I read his flame bait thread that insights anti-DayZ behavior and insults other developer studios as if his studio is anything to write home about. Even Blizzard knows better than to go insulting other games, this guy is completely amateur hour and his game will suffer for it.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-11-07 at 08:04 PM.

I have been neutral, until I read his flame bait thread that insights anti-DayZ behavior and insults other developer studios as if his studio is anything to write home about. Even Blizzard knows better than to go insulting other games, this guy is completely amateur hour and his game will suffer for it.
    Uh Jay Wilsons "Fuck that other guy" pretty insulting or flaming to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    Uh Jay Wilsons "Fuck that other guy" pretty insulting or flaming to me.
    Maybe you should talk about the whole story? Like the part where David Brevik in a round about way insulted the D3 team in an interview? Not that D3 was even anything close to D2, but that was a response to an insult from a ex-Blizzard developer and Jay Wilson is paying dearly for it regardless. What was your point again?

Maybe you should talk about the whole story? Like the part where David Brevik in a round about way insulted the D3 team in an interview? Not that D3 was even anything close to D2, but that was a response to an insult from a ex-Blizzard developer and Jay Wilson is paying dearly for it regardless. What was your point again?
    You and I quote said "Even Blizzard knows better than to go insulting other games,"
    No matter what David said, you said "they know better" and they do NOT know better if Jay still said that to David. That is my point it doesn't matter fuck that guy is still an insult to a developer who made previous diablo's which would be considered "a game"

Idc really on either issue anyways I'm not looking to start a big argument. Yeah Serg is kind of a dick to say that but idc, if they fix the hackers and add more of the promised features I'll buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so you will support DayZ when all they do is bash the living fuck out of WarZ on the DayZ forum. All Sergey did was make a joke about how DayZ players are saying The Dead Linger is already better than The WarZ.

Fucking Hypocrite.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 08:55 AM ----------

forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?19466-Dead-Linger&p=885364&posted=1#post885364 - I cant post links so add HTTP: to the front of this

I think this guy Sergey behind WarZ is one of the sleaziest, immature, money grabbing scumbags working in games today -

what he says about the dead linger is mean, and I am and glad I got my refund

So not that long ago he was calling people faggots and now his is knocked sandswept studios - And people actually praise him.
    I can't believe how stupid some people are.

Sergey: Gives a bunch of free copies of WarZ away for their fuck up, gave us all of the playable characters for their fuck up, giving refunds away when you e-signed something saying you have no right to a refund, most active forum Dev I've ever seen, and all future DLC's are free.

Pretty much every other company: No refund no matter what you say, buy the game for $60 and then 4 more DLC's for $15 each, and they don't listen to their player base.

Sergey is the money grabbing sleazebag, right. Is he a little immature, grow the fuck up and realize that we are all "immature" according to societal standards.

What he said about dead linger isn't mean, are you telling me that game looks good right now? Open your eyes, it looks like absolute shit in it's current state. The dev has some great talk about what he wants the game to be, but nothing good to show for it.

Sergey also never made fun of sandswept studios, he made fun of the DayZ player base for calling the Dead Linger better than the WarZ.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-08 at 01:56 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Wait, so you will support DayZ when all they do is bash the living fuck out of WarZ on the DayZ forum. All Sergey did was make a joke about how DayZ players are saying The Dead Linger is already better than The WarZ.

Sergey also never made fun of sandswept studios, he made fun of the DayZ player base for calling the Dead Linger better than the WarZ.
    yes Dayz players made fun of it, not the developer. And for people making fun of eachother game you have those in both camps. But only atm a developer is in the Warz camp. Atleast its just how you read the post as Sergey never clarified in that post anywhere if he was making fun of the Dayz community or that he was making fun of the Dead Linger. He basicly started a trollflamepost there and abandoned it. Do that here on Mmo-c and you are getting infracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    As both games stand at the moment, WarZ is better than DayZ. The stand alone version of DayZ may be better, but none of us know.

Why any of you even care what the developers are like, I don't understand. So what if they are dickheads, as long as you enjoy the game.

If I had the following.

Game A: Good game, developed by an arsehole.
    Game B: OK game, developed by a nice guy.

I would choose Game A, I will never meet, interact with the developer, so as long as he produces a good game, that's enough for me.

On the subject of the developers for warz and dayz, both are arseholes.

Deleted
    snip.

I'm going with - you are a warZ fanboy...

I played it for a bit- I didn't really have the time to do any homework on the game as I work many hours- and the game is flatter than a witches tit, It has no personality, no atmosphere and no point- Its not a horrible game, just not a good game, Hammer point reminds of that film company The Asylum, which makes films similar to bigger better films, like Transmorphers, etc , not like I am saying Transformers was a good film, But its better than Transmorphers..

The dead linger footage Sergey uploaded was nearly 9 months old, And these guys over at sandswept are making this game from the ground up, they haven't just imported zombies into a lowbrow free to play FPS game no one was playing. All their models, weapons buildings everthing you see in game never existed before, and have been solely created for this game -; The sound effect, foliage, weapons, character shape and models, including animations, the hud, the menu screen, and character screen and many many other features within WARZ are near on identical or very similar to WARINC - and The Dead lingers forums was active in 2011 so they can prove the development time..

But fanboys will be fanboys - So I rest may case until this time next year - And lets see which out of the 3 similar games:- WarZ- DayZ and DL are still around/being played or not free to play....

And maybe, I just like better quality things than you do, or just notice quality better.. And if WARZ is standing tall and the other 2 have crashed and burnt, then fuck me - I'm going to start watching the X factor, listening to Justin beiber and reading the Twilight books, Because If was wrong about that then those other most be genius..
    Last edited by mmoc1b038f5651; 2012-11-08 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    yes Dayz players made fun of it, not the developer. And for people making fun of eachother game you have those in both camps. But only atm a developer is in the Warz camp. Atleast its just how you read the post as Sergey never clarified in that post anywhere if he was making fun of the Dayz community or that he was making fun of the Dead Linger. He basicly started a trollflamepost there and abandoned it. Do that here on Mmo-c and you are getting infracted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey
    based on Dayz forums this is "better zombie game than War Z" - so naturally I went to check it out.
    5th reply in the same thread.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 12:09 PM ----------

I'm going with - you are a warZ fanboy..
    Yeah I just stopped reading after this.
    Anyone who uses the word fanboy has nothing productive to say.
    I do like the WarZ better than DayZ, but that's just because it's a better game in my opinion. I also think Dead linger looks like crap in its current state but the devs have some good ideas so it could end up being a good game. I'm not judging it yet but to say that Dead Linger, in it's current state, is better than WarZ is by far one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

I still can't believe anyone would ask for a refund over a game because the Dev said something idiotic even though it's rather true at this point in time.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-08 at 05:13 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    5th reply in the same thread.
    Is it for real ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_46tfDwnQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh9XVnz4O5I

I preorder btw - just to help guys buy some food
    this is his starting post, thats a straight up attack on the developers of thedead linger.

based on Dayz forums this is "better zombie game than War Z" - so naturally I went to check it out.
    He found this game on the dayz forums, he found where some of the dayz gamers attacked the warz (but no link towards that post did he?) still he doesn't clarify if he attacks the dayz community or the developers with what he posted. So either thing could still apply. But he started the post lots of flaming and jerking on the dead linger in that entire thread and he just abandoned it. Thats still how trolls start a fight. If he is so good in your opinion he should have stated in a later post, that he is sorry for attacking tdl like that and that his intention was too hurt the dayz community. Still nowhere to be done. And still a dev should keep his hands of these kinds of topics. Reputation still is something to consider.

People seem to be having issues discussing War Z without either defaulting to "WAR Z SUCKS!" or "WAR Z VS DAY Z!". Knock if off. If you don't like it, you don't need to constantly remind everyone in the thread.

To go a bit more on topic of The War Z.

I'm really enjoying it still and with more people having access to it since a fair number bought the pack that allows you access after Oct 31st the amount of high pop servers is great, running into town and encountering a group of bandits makes it really fun.

Was playing with a friend last night that recently purchased it, managed to sneakily kill a group of 7 bandits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    You and I quote said "Even Blizzard knows better than to go insulting other games,"
    No matter what David said, you said "they know better" and they do NOT know better if Jay still said that to David. That is my point it doesn't matter fuck that guy is still an insult to a developer who made previous diablo's which would be considered "a game"

Idc really on either issue anyways I'm not looking to start a big argument. Yeah Serg is kind of a dick to say that but idc, if they fix the hackers and add more of the promised features I'll buy it.
    Again, it was a response to an insult coming from David. It wasnt a post created on official forums telling David he would buy a copy of Torchlight 2 to put food on David's table. I dont even know why Im defending Blizzard other than I will continue to give credit where it is due. Sorry but your just wrong, if you cant see the difference between a FB post on a friends page in response to an public insult v.s. an official thread started by the developer on the official forums insulting a developer that is your problem, not mine.

Fucking Hypocrite
    Make a joke my ass! He said and I quote "I preorder btw - just to help guys buy some food." Please quote any time Rocket has every said anything other than something along the lines of "good luck, competition is good" to the guys at WarZ? Its not like we are talking about a player started thread, this was fucking Sergey. Please stop trying to compare apples to oranges just because your front man might be proving to be every bit as much of an amateur as the nay say'ers have made him out to be.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-11-08 at 09:20 PM.

Snip
    Can we please just move on from this? It's not going anywhere and will most likely end in an infraction as it has many times before.

We constantly see DayZ > WarZ in this thread, people are open to their own personal opinion but half the people that insult WarZ are far from constructive and just straight out bashing the game, heck we had someone here bashing the game because he disliked how Sergey looked in person.

We're human we can be complete jerks, do I support his actions? No but it happened a month ago I'm sure he lost a few sales from that sentence there is absolutely no need to continue discussing it, we're here to discuss a passion/hobby that we share which is games can we please not turn it into a reality drama show?

most active forum Dev I've ever seen
    You should see the Indie Stone, the company that's working on the game Project Zomboid. I've never seen a group as active on their forums as they are. Unfortunately, sometimes it feels like it cuts into development time, and sometimes they have trouble dealing with criticism. But I've still enjoyed watching the development of that game because of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play the game a few times. Didn't love it. Big maps with almost nothing on it. Didn't like the graphic either.

Won't buy it. Great idea but.. the game look old.. and yet boring

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    I play the game a few times. Didn't love it. Big maps with almost nothing on it. Didn't like the graphic either.

Won't buy it. Great idea but.. the game look old.. and yet boring
    It's definitely nothing too special yet. The quality of the game is going to depend almost entirely on how much the developers are able to flesh it out over the next several months. I'm sure all the buildings will be accessible and there will be more loot, but I hope the missions and other features added will be enough to give me a reason to keep coming back.

Also I feel like the zombies are absolutely terrible so far. They're too few and far between, it's insane how easy it is to sneak around them, and even when one does come at you it just stands there and lets you beat it to death. I'm sure things will change when they throw infections into the mix, but I want them to be a significant threat, especially if you're all on your own.