Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm surprised by this thread. I got four drops in my first LFR, including Starshatter on a coin roll, and about 10 or 11 LFR pieces overall with three repeats. Third Sha of Anger kill got me the tier gloves. There is nothing wrong with my drop rates, but the best part is I won't see guildies roll and pass, tanks swipe DPS weapons AND all the tanking gear, nor do I hear the incessant bellyaching about how the winner wasn't deserving.

It is a great solution to a very irritating problem. I love the extra coin rolls too.

Well I got the healing mace in second run, in old system it would be impossible for me to win it where everyone would be rolling on it. Also I'm not worried how many other shammies are there in raid anymore which is good. But all in all I do not like lfrs and like before won't run it more than 5 times max. I believe I already got the gear to heal all the normal modes.
    Last edited by Marooned; 2012-11-13 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new system is much better by far. No more beggars asking for drops they think they deserve more. No more rolling against people so they can immediately try to sell it back to other people in the group or so they can trade it for something else. No more endless whines about who did get loot. And best of all, no more standing around twirling my thumbs while some dip shit waits until the last second to roll or just leaves without rolling.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Reminds me what my mother used to say, communism only works in a perfect world.

The old system works if everyone passed if they already had it or didn't want it but people pretty much needed everything they could and used it for trade. I remember my priest losing the healing mace from DW to someone who had it...three times.

At the very least this way takes out the douche-bag equation and RNG will always be RNG. Some of my toons got nothing for weeks while some got 4 pieces in a single week, heck my DK got 3 tier pieces within an hour of hitting 85.

The reason you felt as though you gained more loot during Dragon Soul is because only a third of the raid was rolling against you on tokens.

Haven't gotten a single piece yet.

Every week on my main, which I've also been using coins on, most weeks on a second toon and added a 3rd this week. Nothing on any of them. Never been this long without seeing something in LFR. I know it's just terrible luck but it feels broken.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-11-13 at 06:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, it took me something like 19 weeks of DS to obtain all the pieces from LFR back in 4.3, so this was not always a quick process back then
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

At least back in DS there was a chance - however small it might have been - that people passed on items they didn't need or traded them with you when you asked them nicely.
    This chance doesn't exist anymore.

Overall, it's better. I've won 5 different items on my main, and I want to say another 5 in duplicate items from bonus rolls or winning the same damn thing week after week. Pretty much stopped getting the stuff I wanted to drop after the first couple runs but it helped me out a lot as shit hasn't dropped for me yet in real raids. I do like the drama-free loot, however. I suppose the main disadvantage with this system is that before you could get lucky and be the only/one of a few people that need a particular item, so if it drops, you have a high chance of getting it. I won like 6 items my first time through the first half of DS LFR on my rogue because there was only one other leather wearer (a druid who had better gear) and a lot of rogue stuff happened to drop and I got it all....however, that was a bit OP and wasn't really the intention of LFR.

Blizzard just needs to let gear be trade-able in LFR but nothing else. That way people can't "sell" the items to other members. It actually might bring back some community to the world
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its that horrid sight every time of seeing a purple item text appear, that quick hopeful glance and the frustration of yet another sha bag....this is then exacerbated by the spinning wheel of misfortune and a gold symbol being displayed. I would rather just be told I have nothing than a purple bag with 28 gold. First week I got a belt, since then no more loot except 2 more of the same belt qq.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 06:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Blizzard just needs to let gear be trade-able in LFR but nothing else. That way people can't "sell" the items to other members. It actually might bring back some community to the world
    This would help us run it as a guild, we had plans for lfr to be wednesdays but no one shows, they have no need to run it as a guild except for the lack of nublets, so everyone just runs it when they can instead of scheduling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, now in LFR there is no:

Begging and badgering

Rolling on loot by guildmates then trading to guildmate

People rolling on loot they don't need

People rolling and leaving raid so you have to not only wait for the timer to run out, but see the loot rot on the boss

No drama as someone feels another player should not have the right to roll on loot.

Compared to the way it was, this new system is damn near perfect.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    If by community you mean three people whispering constantly with begging, threats, and cursing everytime you win loot, then no thank you.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Both systems are just RNG regardless, this one is just free from ninjas, may seem like less chance but I have ended up getting more loot from this one than the whole time DS was out, mainly because of the absence of ninjas...

One thing I'd like to see is the rate of nobody at all getting loot. Because the system is based on the individual, Blizzard have said -nobody- getting loot on a boss can, will, and in fact DOES frequently happen - which, in my opinion, is inferior to old LFR. Simply because with old at least you had a CHANCE - someone could win something then give it to you, etc. But in this system it's entirely plausible to go a whole LFR - or indeed, multiples - with nobody getting anything, even WITH coins in play. And that feels like an absolutely waste to me. Before? Sure, I didn't get a shiny thing. But hey, at least that guy did, and he looked like he needed it. Now? What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's also possible for EVERYONE to get loot. It's random. And how would it matter to you since you can't even see what other people get? Unless you're in a full premade group I suppose. But that's no different to raiding normally anyway, I remember a couple of weeks into DS, FL and many other tiers getting items that nobody could use or the only people who could already had or didn't want. Other weeks all the desirable items would drop at once.
    Not even going to try and do the math to figure out the chance for every one to get loot, but I am sure it is WAY smaller than the chance for no on to get loot.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by constantduty View Post
    All of the drama is eliminated and the raid just moves on to the next boss.
    Without some drama it doesnt feel like a raid.

In DS LFR I saw people need on gear and shard it immediately after winning -- gear that would have been upgrades for others in that raid.

Yeah, new system is better.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    RNG is a bitch and worst Boss since Vanilla!

I got like 5 pieces of loot last week
    I've always been kinda lucky with the lfr loot.

I kinda like this system better than the last one
    people would hire me to get tokens : ()
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

You have more of a chance to get loot now, this doesn't mean you're guaranteed. In the past, a few pieces dropped everyone rolled over, now you have the chance for all 10-25 players to get an item at the same time. And you want to go back?

The illusion of choice is hilarious, just because you got to roll the dice with your own button press.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW