Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Once again your opinion, There is no break point that is just your opinion you have provided no proof. IMO your theory crafting leaves a lot to be desired. At the end of Cata you were gemming pure haste before it was valuable that is when strength was still the top stat. Now your gemming is all over the place who knows why. But how do you expect someone to follow your suggestion when you don't even seem to follow your own? Now Haste is the top stat to a certain level at which point Strength starts to surpass it. There is a value that happens doesn't matter if you want to admit it fact of the matter is it exists or your stat value wouldn't flip flop depending how high you were stacking.
    Reading is so hard. I have never disagreed that strength is not always worse than 2 haste. In fact I have repeatedly stated just the opposite. At the end of Cata I was gemming haste precisely because it simmed better and performed better. As for your attack on my current gemming, you don't know what you're talking about. I'm gemming haste, per the stat weights I get simming my current gear.

What I have been stating is that there is no single "hit this # of haste and then stop gemming haste". For someone with a 463 weapon, the # will be very different for someone with a 509 weapon. For that matter, at BiS level 2 haste > 1 str even with reforging and gemming and enchanting for as much haste as possible and using a trinket that procs haste.
    Last edited by Sturmcantor; 2012-11-12 at 02:42 AM.

I'm getting this.

I have 13,723 Str and 8,379 Haste unbuffed.
    /shrug

ETA: I have a 463 weapon.

How many iterations is that? What talent setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    How many iterations is that? What talent setup?

Talents

Ran more, same thing.

Last edited by mattress; 2012-11-12 at 07:17 AM.

Running your character through the sim I get much more normal results. Did you tinker with the action list or some such thing?

Running your character through the sim I get much more normal results. Did you tinker with the action list or some such thing?
    Yep, I'm a certified idiot. Of course, haste would scale better when the fight style is set to HeavyMovement.

/facepalm

Deleted
    Off topic, but can we get this stickied Malthanis?

Think it's said somewhere in theese forum pages that rets should aim to get 22-25% haste unbuffed before thinking about other stats, has to do with some of the trinkets available. *wink, wink. Nudge Nudge*
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Off topic, but can we get this stickied Malthanis?
    I prefer no sticky. it will stay frontpage on it's own and people tend to more often then not ignore stickies. I do

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Think it's said somewhere in theese forum pages that rets should aim to get 22-25% haste unbuffed before thinking about other stats, has to do with some of the trinkets available. *wink, wink. Nudge Nudge*
    For people who have haste dropping like a rock. Slap a 502/509 weapon on that sim and check again. it's sheer weapon bloat that is making secondaries so powerful.

Also I'm the one who said thats the magic number where procs will net us 1 second GCD.

WIth the new valor upgrade system we may be looking at a flat 25% haste up from the 23.5% we had previously. Also around that haste value you pretty much have no issues filling out gcds. That potentially could be why strenght pulls ahead. More likely then not the people simming have a terrible / non heroic weapon and should mention what weapon they have when providing sims. 2,400 damage in weapon ilvl bloat can skew quite a few things. Don't you agree?

Also 4 set bumps. haste gemmed vs none is prolly what can net you 2-3 extra hammers during wings. Please remember BIS values are on BIS gear. Not 2set and a 489/476 weapon.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    BIS challenge mode / silver mode sales weapon in the entire game. Period 3.8speed is godmode'

Ironically, lute of the phoenix king. Silver sales are phoenix sales.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-11-12 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I prefer no sticky. it will stay frontpage on it's own and people tend to more often then not ignore stickies. I do[COLOR="red"]
    Agreed. Too many stickies and it defeats the purpose of sticky. I've already linked this thread in the compilation sticky. We'll try to keep all useful threads like this one on that list.

I don't get to Ret much in raid anymore, but I was wondering if people are still using the 4 piece Prot from T11 for prepulling. From what I can tell it still gives 50% increased up time on GoAK. Anyone have thoughts on it either way?

Not sure if ppl figured it out or it's been informed but 2 set ret increases the total damage % of Templars verdict by 15% not a flat 15% ontop of the 275%, with 2set TV hits for 316% of wep damage.

*slowpoke*

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    I don't get to Ret much in raid anymore, but I was wondering if people are still using the 4 piece Prot from T11 for prepulling. From what I can tell it still gives 50% increased up time on GoAK. Anyone have thoughts on it either way?
    whenever it makes sense to do it I use it, on some bosses I don't because there's phases where guardian is better.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Which fights do you not GoAK at start? Maybe Mel'jarak?

Deleted
    For example yeah..Depending on Amber Shaper strat not either..

Wouldn't want to do it on Will of the Emperors, either.

Anyone here still running with blue wep?/ Kinda makes me mad I havent seen even 1 drop and I've done Elegon every reset even in LFR.... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Anyone here still running with blue wep?/ Kinda makes me mad I havent seen even 1 drop and I've done Elegon every reset even in LFR.... :-(
    I consider my 489 blue quality when Elegon H has failed to drop his weapon 3 times in a row of 25Hfarm + charms. Moreso because I expect 5.1 before or in december and I would rather not pump 1500 VP into a non 502 weapon since VP will be in short supply for all the gear you need to upgrade.

side note i charmed loot on WIll HEROIC!!!!!!!!!! before respecing to ret!. Got damn Heroic tank chest.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 03:27 PM ----------

Meljarak normal? that would be silly not to GoK on pull with that fight. HEROIC would be different because the debuff is much more significant.

so I've been doing sims.. and holy avenger sucks balls for some reason. I guess the profile has its limitations because you would normally stack the last round of CDs together depending on the fight length etc. because it's not that bad in practice.

I hate what they did to our 4-piece but they actually did think about what would happen to Holy Avenger when we got it and the change basically puts Holy Avenger back onto the table again with 4-piece.

Talking

Ah so with your comment I can still call you a douche. Because people like me have such bad luck at getting weps it's not funny. Lol seriously it took me 18 weeks to get gurthalak. That's been me every raiding tier. Every week clear including tokens on elegon and nothing. And yes I even run for the heroic mogushan palace as well. Now when you have this bad of luck anaxie then you can complain about your no heroic drop lol.

Let's not resort to name-calling, okay? - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-11-13 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I consider my 489 blue quality when Elegon H has failed to drop his weapon 3 times in a row of 25Hfarm + charms.
    You think that is bad... I have 3x Elegon normal and 9x Elegon LFD each time with charms and I still have a blue weapon >_>
    Stupid charms I never get anything from them -.-