Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    My question is - why is that necessary? It's still RNG, and people will still complain about not getting loot in 23 runs.
    You've stepped into the realm of deifying the concept of a RNG. We're playing in a system where that "random" has a winning range. It's not simply "roll a dice and one day you'll get a six!" it's "we've currently set it so 5 through 6 is a winning roll." As it stands, there is no additional system in place to grasp onto when you've gotten bad luck, esspecially if you're an outlier, putting in a simple gradual increase of that "winning range" would be just that.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You've stepped into the realm of deifying the concept of a RNG. We're playing in a system where that "random" has a winning range. It's not simply "roll a dice and one day you'll get a six!" it's "we've currently set it so 5 through 6 is a winning roll." As it stands, there is no additional system in place to grasp onto when you've gotten bad luck, esspecially if you're an outlier, putting in a simple gradual increase of that "winning range" would be just that.
    But you won't be an outlier forever. The more you roll, the closer you get to the center of the distribution. There already is inherent increase with each boss you down. You are just asking to increase that rate of increase.

This kind of solution might make sense if gearing up was very difficult, and there were not many other paths of getting gear. But, as it stands today, it is very very easy to gear up (even if your RNG luck sux). I see no reason to make it any easier to gear up - which is all your solution will do.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2012-11-21 at 09:58 PM.

Today I cleared all the LFR instances and won 7 items 3 of them I won by spending a charm.

4% of people will get no loot from LFR style rolls (including charms) after 30 consecutive rolls.

So - you are not special at all

RNG is RNG as people say

Also its human nature to exaggerate, which I think your doing, admit it...
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    RNG is RNG as people say

Also its human nature to exaggerate, which I think your doing, admit it...
    Well - I went 25 rolls without loot, but I also understand statistics .... so I don't whinge about it, I just did the maths to work out how many 10s of thousands of other people were probably in the same boat.

I feel for you, I really do. I've taken my alt into LFR 5 weeks running, I got a cloak in the first week and nothing at all since. Only 2 weeks I didn't finish LFR (last boss both times). 28 kills and one piece of loot. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that I understand the frustration behind it. My main has gotten 3/4 pieces of LFR loot, the rest I've gotten from normal (I think.)

As much as I hate RNG I don't think there's much that Blizzard could do to improve it, except maybe add a hidden "buff" that inreases your chances the more kills you get without loot in LFR/Sha kills.
    Last edited by razski; 2012-11-21 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    As much as I hate RNG I don't think there's much that Blizzard could do to improve it, except maybe add a hidden "buff" that inreases your chances the more kills you get without loot in LFR/Sha kills.
    Or maybe a visible way of doubling your chances when you want to... some sort of lucky charm or something

Ive been farming trinkets sice i was able to enter a hc, havnet even seen one drop yet but today I got 3 epic and 2 of those tokens the black prins wants on my first ever lrf. I think my prayers to the rng god finaly got through.

I have done every LFR boss every week on my main, plus sha and galleon weekly, and used coins where possible. I have not won a single thing. You can defend the system all you want but this is far too much RNG bs. The fact that there's no viable justice or valor gear (without doing the daily time burden) is making it a lot worse as basically LFR is my only option for the pve gear I'm chasing. This is basically the reason we need a system closer to the old justice/valor rewards imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    IThe fact that there's no viable justice or valor gear is making it a lot worse as basically
    Excuse me ... but iLvl 489 Valor gear abounds ... apart from weapon you can almost entirely gear a toon JUST from VP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the 9999999999999981354316857984654165798432165756432135498798432136549876541321321....... time, RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep winning bracers in LFR that I already have, but having bad luck with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Excuse me ... but iLvl 489 Valor gear abounds ... apart from weapon you can almost entirely gear a toon JUST from VP gear.
    See my edit.

Dailies are simply never going to be an option for me timewise (or common sense wise) between balancing my gametime with my job and family time. They might as well have put those valor pieces on the moon for all I'm every going to be able to get them.

The only real option for me has been conquest.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-11-21 at 10:37 PM.

If it makes you feel any better my win rate for rolls/LFR is around ~25% which is stupidly high. More than makes up for your bad RNG

I got 4/16 Loot on LFR and 0/3 Loot on Coins.
    Last week I got 2/16 Loot from LFR and 2/3 Loot from Coins.

I won nothing but gold last week and the week before that.. finally today... out of all 3 LFRS I got a ring.. off the water elemental boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    SDailies are simply never going to be an option for me timewise (or common sense wise) between balancing my gametime with my job and family time. They might as well have put those valor pieces on the moon for all I'm every going to be able to get them.
    So - what you are saying is that you can spend countless hours doing raids for no gear, but your time doesn't allow you to spend half an hour a day doing dailies.

Your inverted time problems confuse me young time lord...

Sorry dood - but if you have the time to do galleon weekly, then your 'time problems' are truly fiction

been there in cata, nothing new move on

Deleted
    I had 8 weeks were we cleared every boss (except rag some weeks) and did not get a single drop for my Elemental Shaman... So yea RNG sucks for some.

Trolls he says.

23 rolls is nothing. Two weeks no loot and wants to contact a GM about it and then expect everyone to be nice and not "troll".

I got only one item in the first two weeks the third week I got 7 items in one evening from 10 bosses without using coins. After that I got a piece here and there. Maybe one or two pieces from LFR a week.

A friend of mine didn't get a new shield during TBC for a year long. Get over it.