Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vlad the impaler.. Oh and vampires.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    except the common stuff you know about your continents countries (capital city, where it actually is and national flag)
    I also know that nearly everyone has -escu at the end of their surname
    and transsylvania is in romania
    part of the EU

Deleted
    Well I know some of the history especially in combination with the austrian empire, the ottoman empire and the russians. (Mostly 16th - 18th century stuff.)

I am sad to say that Romania (to me) does not have a well defined profile and blends in with all the other countries in the region (hungary, ukraine, bulgaria). The whole eastern european zone is still completely meshed together in my mind.

I know that Transylvania, which most of the people here associate with Romanian as their first pick is part of Romania for less than a century (even less with World War II episode, when it was granted to Hungary, or at least a part of it was). For centuries it belonged to Hungary or states that annexed Hungary (so Ottoman Empire, Austrian Empire and later Austo-Hungarian Empire). And while, as Arnorei pointed out, Romanians believe that proto-Romanians lived in Transylvania before the Hungarians came, Hungarian historians dispute that claim. According to them Transylvania was inhabited by either southern Slavians or Avars before their conquest.

I also know that you have 33 mandates in Europen Parliament right now, but after election in 2014 you will have only 31. Other than that the usual stuff like bordering countries, lots of gypsies, 7th biggest country in EU, Bucharest being the capital, death sentence of Ceausescu, Orthodox being the religious majority. Oh, and Transylvania is yours now, so I guess Vlad the Impaler and his stick fetish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I dont know much about romania. But I know there is a huge number of Romanian girl "working" in the streets of Paris... Same in "clubs" in Germany...

When I hear "Romania", the first thing coming to my mind is those girls....

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    I dont know much about romania. But I know there is a huge number of Romanian girl "working" in the streets of Paris... Same in "clubs" in Germany...

When I hear "Romania", the first thing coming to my mind is those girls....
    Mhm and the gypsies stealing, pickpocketing and trying to sell fake gold. All too common here.

Deleted
    I know of Ceausescu who started off as a fairer and more liberal leader of Romania until his latter onset of megalomania. The Palace of the Parliament which he spearheaded construction of looked extremely grandiose and large when I saw footage of it on TV.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-11-26 at 05:42 PM. Reason: ceasescu*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The unknown secret View Post
    I love soo much how ppls from UK complain about other ppl imigrating to them, but they forgot the fact that they corrupted the world with their forced colonization.
    I don't know how this is relevant to the topic but okay I guess... thanks for the history lesson.

I know its an eastern european country, not excatctly sure if I could pin point it on a world map.

I know when people from the country goes to Denmark its useally cause they are a) Looking for work or b) will do dishonest works, like not paying taxes, or doing theft.

Thats about it =(
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Mhm and the gypsies stealing, pickpocketing and trying to sell fake gold. All too common here.
    Yeah sure!! But still!! "Romania=sex-working-girls" in my mind
    I can forget about pickpocket and beggers at red-light stops. But I just cant Forget about those girls...

Yeah sure!! But still!! "Romania=sex-working-girls" in my mind
    I can forget about pickpocket and beggers at red-light stops. But I just cant Forget about those girls...
    Not all of them are willingly there though, the ones you find in FKK brothels in Germany etc I'm 100% sure are there by their own will but some others are more doubtful. All European countries should have FKK Brothels as far as I'm concerned. Prostitution will always exist, so best to have it regulated and controled and giving the girls good working conditions.

Once the countries in that region becomes wealthier, it will stop some of the prostitution I think.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know where it's situated on a map, and I know the language is a latin language that can be reasonably well understood by Spanish speakers.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Not all of them are willingly there though, the ones you find in FKK brothels in Germany etc I'm 100% sure are there by their own will but some others are more doubtful. All European countries should have FKK Brothels as far as I'm concerned. Prostitution will always exist, so best to have it regulated and controled and giving the girls good working conditions.

Once the countries in that region becomes wealthier, it will stop some of the prostitution I think.
    Oh dude, I know all this very well. But you are wrong. Even in fkk all those girl are not there because they choose to. Maybe half of them (talking about Romanian. Not german or other EU country), but not much more... Maybe less...

Oh dude, I know all this very well. But you are wrong. Even in fkk all those girl are not there because they choose to. Maybe half of them (talking about Romanian. Not german or other EU country), but not much more... Maybe less...
    Well yeah you are right, I doubt they grew up dreaming of becoming prostitutes, what I meant was, that they are not "sex slaves" as such, I think the girls in those clubs get to keep all the money they make(pimping isn't legal), the owners of the venues just provide the fascilities(they make their money from the entrence fees that both the girls and clients pay), the girls get to keep the money they make providing their service and get to work in a secure space, with other girls and security that the venue owners have hired.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-11-26 at 04:00 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Ok then! But still!! You are wrong!! Pimps are there... (and I just can't think about countrys where pimping is legal...)
    Dont get me wrong... The "boyfriend" with the big Audi is not just her boyfriend... you can see it when the girl leave the club.

but anyway... I will not dig further into this topic. this was my 2euro for this thread.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2012-11-26 at 05:33 PM.

I don't know much about Romania expect for meeting one kid from high school there. He hated that place because he was a gypsies. Told me he was left to die on the streets as a child and he was lucky some body scoop him off the ground so he got adopted. He pretty much boiled it down to if you are not white with blonde hair you are hated there. I'm not sure how true that is but he always went on about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    What do you know about Romania?
    Its where they made Agent 47.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    You people who mentioned vampires, I'm proud of you.

Deleted
    used to be communist and was actually the last communist block country to give it up when they killed the leader... That's all I know