Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    Sorry u mean for the kids ? cuz i know kids like those shine spirit beasts running around em hahahahaha

The point of this post was to ask why i should play BM and that is the real benefits over surv if i choose BM
    If i pick up surv at least i always have an option for strong AoE ? what do i get if i play BM tell me honestly what makes me better and more useful for that other 24 players around me ?
    BM always was the lvling spec not the best raiding spec at least not since many years(TBC) and it should stay there in the corner as a nice solo/pvp/questing spec capable of doing some nice deeps....but the REAL hunters like me hahaha! ;D always should play MM or Surv and i feel pity for the current state of MM
    If I was you, I'd lay of the whole "Kids vs Adults" bit since you are clearly not coming of as cool and mature as you want.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    BM is a spec designed for Wrath Babies, those who enjoy fishing, and Apple Mac users.

Sadly it is still top single-target.
    That's actually funny, since Surv was worthless prior to Wotlk....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is a spec designed for Wrath Babies, those who enjoy fishing, and Apple Mac users.

I'm quite partial to a spot of fishing myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    BM AoE > SV AoE, if played correctly (which starts with using a worm and using stampede with 5x worm to spam burrow with).

If you keep burrow constantly up, with multishot and glaive toss, you should beat the sv hunter, but this was pre ss buff.
    this is a burst aoe phase,4th boss of hof have long aoe phase,so bm will fall behind....however bm is still best single target spec,most fun spec,and hardest spec to play correctly,so long life to bm

Deleted
    Didnt know that collecting spirit beasts are for kids only.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is still owning the crap out of SV. Even in AoE fights (if the bm hunter knows how to AoE properly).
    Which most BM's don't

if your a hard core raider I suggest BM and SV specs

SV for aoe, BM for single target
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Because BM totally wasn't the top hunter spec in BC, something tells me you're a wrath baby...

So, you want a reason to play BM over Surv? Well, despite for the recent buffs on srpt sting, BM is still the top single target DPS for Hunters... I saw the increased numbers while a played Surv yesterday, but in every fight i thought i was doing fine as Surv, i was better when i switched to BM...

I still play Surv in many fights where AOE are important, but for the most, BM is still the way...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    lollipop,

you argue as a complete noob at being a hunter and your arguements are based on non-existing facts.
    I do not even care (I do care -.-) to counter your arguements because they are completely shit.

If you would take the time to look at some logs from good hunters you would, for example, see that BM hunters are nearly better at everything than SV hunters and that BM hunters can control their dmg output waaaay better than SV hunters. Also, BM is all about buffs. To master BM you need to time and play with your buffs perfectly. With good cooldown timing and lucky trinket procs + beastial wrath you can achieve similar aoe like survival.

You try hard to stereotype the specs but you can't do that.
    Last edited by mmoc1c32083768; 2012-12-02 at 03:58 PM.

How do these buffs make survival better than BM exactly? BM gets ~3% and SV gets ~6% from the serpent sting buff. SV was behind BM and at least using this sim'd link, to add 3% and 6%, BM is still higher....

http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_...Hunter_MM_T14H

infact heres some math.

BM: 116542
    SS %: 2.9%
    Post hotfix dps: 119921

SV: 111222
    SS %: 5.2%
    Post hotfix dps: 117005

MM: 112587
    SS %: 2.9%
    Post hotfix dps: 115852

Not only does this show by sims that for single target BM>SV>MM, but that all are within 2-4k of each other. Play whatever spec you like best on single target, aoe on the other hand...... as others have said, if you're bad, play SV, if you're good BM. No idea how MM performs, would imagine its okay but not amazing.

This is a nice buff, but it buffs Surv AOE more than anything else. Surv is still subpar for single target, and BM is still the king of the hill. If you have the 4pc then BM is more like the monarch that won't give up his power. I don't foresee BM losing its seat at the best overall spec for this tier.

This entire thread is stupid, but that was to be expected with an OP like that, lol.

BM AoE > SV AoE, if played correctly (which starts with using a worm and using stampede with 5x worm to spam burrow with).

If you keep burrow constantly up, with multishot and glaive toss, you should beat the sv hunter, but this was pre ss buff.
    LoL, 5 worms. Some of us have to bring (de)buff pets, yanno. My worm has been sitting in my stables since I tamed it.

I don't get the hate towards BM.

I mean, it's the top spec for two patches / 1 tier, and people already say BM is the FOTM crap, Surv is the King, while Surv was the OP spec in Cata. Really hypocritical players out there.

And what's the fuss of saying BM is easy? We have so many CDs atm to watch out for and when to use them. Maybe another spec is a bit harder, but it doesn't mean Hunters are hard.
    Really, why so much hate? I would be pretty much on the same level if I hoped Surv and MMS will never be good, so the true king of Hunters shall rule the class... -.-

Funny seeing how it was the main spec of TBC...

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    LoL, 5 worms. Some of us have to bring (de)buff pets, yanno. My worm has been sitting in my stables since I tamed it.
    Even then worms aoe has been nerfed a bit and still isn't as superior as SV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    Funny seeing how it was the main spec of TBC...
    Yep, I had a scorpion too, and tore shit apart with my Don Santos. I played it against my will in SSC, TK, MH and BT, just as I'm playing it against my will right now.

Deleted
    i want to play MM again

in the new patch im still doing higher dps as BM than surv, but not by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndagast View Post
    lollipop,

you argue as a complete noob at being a hunter and your arguements are based on non-existing facts.
    I do not even care (I do care -.-) to counter your arguements because they are completely shit.

If you would take the time to look at some logs from good hunters you would, for example, see that BM hunters are nearly better at everything than SV hunters and that BM hunters can control their dmg output waaaay better than SV hunters. Also, BM is all about buffs. To master BM you need to time and play with your buffs perfectly. With good cooldown timing and lucky trinket procs + beastial wrath you can achieve similar aoe like survival.

You try hard to stereotype the specs but you can't do that.
    Ok only this post worth replaying.
    I look at wol from time to time and i can tell you why you see mostly BM and no Surv on most bosses .. Its very simple ..most top hunters in lets say top 50-100 top hardcore guilds are playing as a BM main spec and those guys are probably so much better then most around reading these forums. If they switch to surv they ll do again shit load of dmg but the mentality with top guild is that if spec A does 0.5 % more dmg the spec B u always choose spec A no matter what. Another reason is players dont like tho change specs if the current spec is preforming well.
    So dont be fooled by your 1st impression you get by looking tops dps for BM and then for Surv (no is playeing MM so nothing to add about mm here).Its looks like BM is so much better but only reason for that is as a said top dogs are sporting mostly BM and this will be the case for this tier mostly to OP 2 and 4 set bonus.
    So i can tell you what will be next tier...cuz BM wont have access to OP set bonuses and cuz chances blizz to do a spec buff to BM is close to zero MM with heroics weapons in next tier and Surv thx to better scaling with agl and now with OP serpent sting will pull ahead .
    No one in there right might will play a pet spec if he can do same dps without counting too much on the pet everyone will switch spec.Those in top guild really care if there spec can do 110 or 115k dps ....those guys can hit something like 97-98% out of max possible dps and like they all play BM all of a sudden no one will play it .
    At the end of this expansion there will be only 2 specs ...MM for heavy single target dmg and Surv for heavy AoE fight with BM spec left being best at nothing and going back to the corner where kids like showing of there spirit beast while AFK in OG. Its that simple and the way blizz does buff surv and MM and reduce bm burst at the same time.... this is a trend its not blizzard trying to make 3 spec equally good its blizz point you out with a finger ...this spec is the best play this if u care for progress ...dont bother checking other spec they are good but U REALLY SHOULD PLAY THIS SPEC NOW CUZ ITS THE BEST. And every 6-12 month best spec change.
    The change is coming and very soon BM with those so called hard to manage 2-3 extra CDs that are not hard at all to track with proper addons will be thing of the past :_)
    I have seen it it happened before will happen again its what makes this game interesting and funny cuz u never know how blizz will decide to fuck around with your favorite spec next patch and they like to do it pretty often ! ;D

p.s. the best buff to hunters this patch is not 5% ap is not serpent sting buff ...its the heavy nerf to mages !I am already doing very well on dmg matter and everything is ok ...but i am bored looking at those 3x blue lines almost every single fight on the top of my skada ...its annoying as fuck.
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2012-12-03 at 12:34 AM.

so BM can beat surv on AoE with a 5 min CD? and other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    so BM can beat surv on AoE with a 5 min CD? and other than that?
    if you think stampede has anything to do with AoE then you don't know anything about hunters.... Burrow and frost breath were both nerfed to the point they are a DPS loss to use now because they stop using other abilities and auto attacks and thus cannot proc beast cleave after a multishot.