Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Now, I am a Horde player.... but I need some Ally action to start enjoying this war.
    Rise Up Sons of the Horde! Blood and Glory Await Us!
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    The horde isn't some horrible monster <...> therefor no doubt saving hundred of lives of their own soldiers <...>
    You did NOT read the book, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    what hes getting at, is that maybe the alliance shouldnt go down to garrosh's level??

because trust me, 85% of the horde also hates garrosh
    I am a proud Dakrspear troll and I hate Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    You did NOT read the book, right?
    I'm not against the notion that I am wrong! I am often wrong with WoW lore, whether it be due to miss interpreting quest logs or just not reading any of the books, but you don't help the arguement in any way by saying this.
    My post, a page ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's see, thus far on either side (in the current World of Warcraft timeline, nothing prior), the atrocities on both sides, save for 3 now, have been commited by ROGUE soldiers.

Taurajo? Rogue Alliance Soldiers. Varian did not give them permission. Wrathgate? Rogue Forsaken soldiers. Noone gave them permission.

The only atrocities so far that have not been commited by rogue soldiers are Theramore, the attack on Darnassus via Dalaran, and The overtaking of Gilneas. In all 3 of those cases, the Horde players had NOTHING to do with the actual attacks, and in all 3, only one leader masterminded the whole thing, Garrosh in Theramore and Darnassus, and Sylvanas in Gilneas. The Horde, in it's entirety, was only involved in Darnassus. Only Baine and Vol'Jin knew about Theramore, and were tricked, thus they are technically not an actual part of it, and Sylvanas disobeyed orders at Gilneas, leaving the Forsaken solely responsible for that.

So did the Sunreavers deserve this? Yes, they betrayed the neutrality of the Kirin Tor. I do not think they should have been slain, but detained, yes. But the Horde as a whole should not be held accountable for every little action committed under the radar. You don't hold citizens responsible for wars, therefore the Horde, nor the Alliance, do not deserve to be torn limb from limb, seeing as how they did not have any involvement. Again, this goes doubly for the player controlled characters, who have been "innocent" thus far, as they have not, up until now, been involved in anything rash or morally wrong.

Varian was pretty pissed at Jaina for what she did, and not so thrilled with you either. But at least he understood that you were following orders. You would be going up against one of the most powerful living mages, which in all reality would not end very well for the player. You are sort of "bullied" into committing these acts, but no matter how you look at it, it was still wrong.

Deleted
    Tbh, in lore Alliance are more scum-bags than horde.
    Horde just had to flee their home of corruption and the only place to go was Azeroth and which the Humans went crazy about when the orcs came looking for refuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Facts or GTFO. Leave your fantasies in your own head, please.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    My post, a page ago.
    So, your position is basically: "I'll imagine whatever I please, go prove me wrong"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    I just finished the purge of dalaran quest line and ..... WTF was that ?!!
    How do you start the quest line???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Horde just had to flee their home of corruption and the only place to go was Azeroth and which the Humans went crazy about when the orcs came looking for refuge.
    The first time the horde left Draenor, it hadn't been shattered and was still a completely viable place for the Orcs to live, it just so happens they were all bloodcrazy motherfuckers who wanted more things to conquer, so they opened a portal to another world to do so. They did not, in any way shape or form, come into Azeroth with peaceful intent.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

@Xothic

Theramore:

Killed Blue dragonflight members and stole their artifact.

Summoned molten giants which is against the Earthen Ring.

After the bombing. Jaina touched a body and it turned into powder. The land was so destroyed. The fabric of reality was shattered. The ground itself perished. unlike Taurajo you can rebuild that town. Theramore wiped off the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    @Xothic

Theramore:

Killed Blue dragonflight members and stole their artifact.

Summoned molten giants which is against the Earthen Ring.

After the bombing. Jaina touched a body and it turned into powder. The land was so destroyed. The fabric of reality was shattered. The ground itself perished. unlike Taurajo you can rebuild that town. Theramore wiped off the map.
    And I respond with a resounding 'so?'

You are all going to hate me for using a WW2 analogy, but no one gave a shit about all the innocent Japanese killed in Hiroshima, did they?

And the earthen ring have a lot more to be angry at the horde for then summoning molten giants.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Eh - I'm cool with it. As long as we weren't building roads from the bones of the slaughtered Crack-elf goons I'm not worried about the Alliance's moral superiority. And I just know that some Horde fanboi is going to use the scape-Horde excuse by adding some adjective like Dark or Old or Fel or, after this expansion, Garroshy in front of 'Horde' and pretend it's something different.

Personally I love removing those Sunreaver goons from our city. Although seeing the Displaced Crack-elves quivering like the Horde cockroaches that they are made my skin crawl. Ugh, creepy little crack-goons.

Jaina broke neutrality by setting up anti rogue traps in darnassus she said that herself her nets she created to stop every half bit rogue to sneak in
    she had a city locked down why did she have a city locked down if her organisation is neutral?

she got involved her meddling made the other side to meddle had she not meddled then other side needed not to meddle

the hypocrisy is astounding imo now dont get me wrong she has every right to hate the horde for what they did but please dont tell me she wanted the kirin tor to be neutral and yes i heard that bullshit speech she made to anduin

IMO both sides of the kirin tor are just as bad as each other the whole rotten organisation needs a shake up imo

I will put money on the fact the kirin tor will go back to being neutral but only when jaina and Vereesa Windrunner are dead

I cant wait till sylvanas puts her bitch ass sister in line

If there is a epic duel between sylvanas and vereesa i swear i will give a trillion dollars to blizz right now!

Actually i wonder what sylvanas thinks about regarding garrosh vaporising her brother in law?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-12-12 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yo Alliance, we murdered and destroyed everything in Southshore, razed and pillaged almost every Night Elf settlement in Ashenvale, cut a swath of destruction through their ancestral homelands and even went as far as to slaughter neutral Dryads. We dropped a nuke upon a neutral settlement in Stonetalon, razed and almost exterminated everyone in Gilneas so we could build a harbour. And to add insult to injury we tracked some of the Worgen, killed them and used their hides as hats.

But you Destroyed Turajo! How fucking dare you! Monsters!"

Quote Originally Posted by Uraga View Post
    ^^ this. The alliance are actually the bad guys (not necessarily in this Garrosh situation) the game just portrays horde as the evil monsters.
    This was true until Garrosh.

Deleted
    "The path of the inner peace is a river with two courses that sepparates and gets together endlessly".
    Master Shao-Tit.VI bc.

...we are gonna get all zen sooner or later.This is why we fight in Pandaria.We know at the end VolJin will fall in love with Jaina and they will have little ugly green babies and we know as a consequence of this Mr.Bigglesworth will become the new Lich King (the next expansion: The Whiskers of Bigglesworth).

You know deep inside you love that ugly green orc/little gnome standing next to you....go give him a hug!!

Ahh the love..what a wonderful feeling.

P.S: yeah,maybe i have gone too far in the lore of pandas...but they are like big teddy bears.Its imposible to resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wuat View Post
    I think you should read up on your lore if you actually think 'this is not what ally do'
    Agreeing with this. I'm not a lore junkie, but just reading/playing through long questlines as Horde and Alliance has shown me that each side has their own idea of what is truly good, and think the other side is horrible for doing the opposite. Good and evil only exists within the factions, there is no "good side" as you've determined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviney View Post
    OT: While yes, the Kirin Tor and Dalaran are supposed to stay neutral, the moment the Sunreavers use their portals to help Garrosh move soldiers to infiltrate Darnassus, they lose their neutrality. Jaina is right for trying to purge Dalaran of the Sunreavers.
    Pretty much this. But Horde fanboys some how forgot WHO IT WAS who use a portal to get into a enemy city. OR who stole the focus isle in the first place(sunreavers for those who are to stupid or lazy to read up on lore...) But no, that the sunreavers stole the focus isle, destroyed teremore and all it's civiliens, who always have been tried to be a neutral city. And then use a dalarans neutralitly to make a portal into an enemy city is total okay.

For do remember Jaina told the Aethas Sunreaver to leave and when they did not, she told them to surrender. Teramore never got that chance, the civilens of teramore never got a chance to leave

There is no evil race in wow

just races that are trying to survive in a very hostile world

at the end of the day each race is just looking out for there race and tbh do you really think humans give a shit about the dranaei or that the orcs give a shit about the belfs

its just races who have to ally with other races to survive we are lucky in that us humans dont need to ally ourselves with other sentient races on earth but on azeroth you have over 10 races that are sentient and have there own goals they want to achieve so they do what they gotta do to survive