Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Yes that. Not to mention the psychological impact it might have on the girl. If he was a "good guy" he would ask for date as in dinner/movie/etc with her instead of pure sex. Then if things might worked out he could get that part if she was into him. If not they can both at least enjoy some "harmless" time tougheter if he really didn't want to give the reduced rent for free.
    And if she was a good girl she wouldn't whore herself out for money. Sure it's a dick move from him but it's not like she doesn't have a choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    And if she was a good girl she wouldn't whore herself out for money. Sure it's a dick move from him but it's not like she doesn't have a choice.
    Indeed that. As in I wouldn't ask that of a girl as I am not a dick. But by under law he is not doing anything wrong, under a moral guide, maybe he does.

Deleted
    This could be a very profitable venture....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ameriga fug ye

Infracted.

Post constructively please.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-27 at 07:18 PM.

Approaching this as a hypothetical since it has basically been established as such. To me (and I'm sure some of you) what makes this especially deplorable is her age and vulnerability. I can't speak to Canada's laws although many of you have, but assuming she was say, 250 lbs, his age, and in a position to afford the rent easily and the same offer was made would we be so concerned? I guess what I'm asking is, in this hypothetical situation is the real evil the fact that he's taking advantage of someone in need, rather than the fact that he's essentially offering someone renting from him money (in the form of a discount) for sex? Because to me if it's a young girl trying to take care of her brother and get through school I'm pretty bothered by it morally, whereas if it's essentially between 2 consenting adults around the same point in life/resources it really doesn't bother me at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Approaching this as a hypothetical since it has basically been established as such. To me (and I'm sure some of you) what makes this especially deplorable is her age and vulnerability. I can't speak to Canada's laws although many of you have, but assuming she was say, 250 lbs, his age, and in a position to afford the rent easily and the same offer was made would we be so concerned? I guess what I'm asking is, in this hypothetical situation is the real evil the fact that he's taking advantage of someone in need, rather than the fact that he's essentially offering someone renting from him money (in the form of a discount) for sex? Because to me if it's a young girl trying to take care of her brother and get through school I'm pretty bothered by it morally, whereas if it's essentially between 2 consenting adults around the same point in life/resources it really doesn't bother me at all.
    Kinda my point. Wouldn't mind if it was a girl about his age needing a place to stay for a period then he would ask for sex in return so she could accept it or not. But in the situation as OP presented it im with what sibut said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're more than capable of seeing how coercive this situation is.
    It's not coersive in the least. She has the exact same options as before, plus one extra.

It's like saying everyone who is working is being coersed into employment because they need to do something to earn a living. She's choosing prostitution as a way to earn part of her living.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    It's not coersive in the least. She has the exact same options as before, plus one extra.

It's like saying everyone who is working is being coersed into employment because they need to do something to earn a living. She's choosing prostitution as a way to earn part of her living.
    You know nothing of implied coercion? Ever had a job? When your boss comes up to you and says "hey you should try doing X at some point", does that carry more weight than when a coworker says it?

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post

But the fact that he's making the offer at all indicates he doesn't actually need or care that much about the money she's paying for rent in the first place. I don't actually oppose prostitution conceptually, but she's clearly making the choice out of desperation, not because she wants to do it. If he's able to let her stay for reduced rent in exchange for sex, he's also able to let her stay for reduced rent without sex, or for any other service she might be more comfortable with.

You can argue that it's his right to ask for whatever he wants, but that doesn't make his choice to exploit her situation for sex any less disgusting. Whether or not he has the ability to do so, it's still unethical.

(It would not be unethical if she approached him with the offer, or if it was something she was interested in. The fact that she doesn't want to do it, and feels pressured to do so because of her situation, is what makes it unethical. Prostitution is different from other professions in that regard.)

Not to mention the fact she accepted indicates there is a significant degree of financial hardship and its unlikely the landlord was unaware of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, If this is true. Know what i would do? Call the cops on him. I wouldnt want a brother that does nasty shit like that to people in harder times. What a cunt.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    The OP is a liar. Reported. Everyone should ignore this.
    I think the same. Does the younger brother also suffer of a incurable diseases ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroko View Post
    Well, If this is true. Know what i would do? Call the cops on him. I wouldnt want a brother that does nasty shit like that to people in harder times. What a cunt.
    You'd side with some prostitute skank over your brother? Wow, family really means nothing to you people, does it?

Yeah he might be a dick, but you solve that inhouse, you don't outsource that to cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That's rather baseless speculation, focused on the expectation that there will be gender bias instead of any existing indications for such.
    Not baseless speculation, a bold assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know nothing of implied coercion? Ever had a job? When your boss comes up to you and says "hey you should try doing X at some point", does that carry more weight than when a coworker says it?
    So you're saying he would kick her out if she just kept paying the full price? Or how is he exercising "implied coercion"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells
    Not to mention the fact she accepted indicates there is a significant degree of financial hardship and its unlikely the landlord was unaware of that.
    So you think she would be better off if she just kept paying the full price and then got kicked out because she can't pay?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    You can argue that it's his right to ask for whatever he wants, but that doesn't make his choice to exploit her situation for sex any less disgusting. Whether or not he has the ability to do so, it's still unethical.
    I'm more interested in thinking at this from her perspective. Does this benefit her or not? The guy seems like an asshole, but that's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    You'd side with some prostitute skank over your brother? Wow, family really means nothing to you people, does it?

Yeah he might be a dick, but you solve that inhouse, you don't outsource that to cops.
    You'd side with your borderline rapist brother over an 18-year old who is taking care of her 11 year old brother and wanted to go to college but can't because her parents died?

So you're saying he would kick her out if she just kept paying the full price? Or how is he exercising "implied coercion"?
    I'm saying her position was pretty clearly between "pay rent you can't pay or sleep with me". And that she has ample reason to assume implied coercion.
    So you think she would be better off if she just kept paying the full price and then got kicked out because she can't pay?
    Never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You'd side with your borderline rapist brother over an 18-year old who is taking care of her 11 year old brother and wanted to go to college but can't because her parents died?
    Look at the other threads he's started dude.

It's clear he is just preying on others' moral reprehensity.

Creep, nowhere near rapist. A very creepy offer, not exactly a rapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

The word rapist is thrown around so much these days it becomes entirely meaningless. Consentual sex for money is rape now? What? How about that woman gets some dignity and starts figuring out ways to earn money without using her body?

Or do you think that guy should slash her rent in half or more for no reason other than a sob story? Get real.