Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find myself repeatedly wondering if gun advocates even do their research, or if they just run to their favorite right-swinging news site to read about the bill and regurgitate "tehy wants to take ALL the rifles!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Feinstein's bill is rather specific actually. It doesn't just say "ban all teh assault rifles".
    So tired of this...
    http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    120 specifically-named firearms;
    Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
    Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
    Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
    Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
    Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
    Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
    Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
    Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
    Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    Background check of owner and any transferee;
    Type and serial number of the firearm;
    Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

Just because you're slow doesn't mean the rest of us are.

ALSO, while I don't like the NRA they do generally know what they are talking about for once
    http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...-ban-bill.aspx
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2012-12-28 at 07:56 AM.

Hey thanks, so like I said, rather specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Virginia Tech guy used two semi-automatic pistols. Columbine had a semi-automatic carbine. Both of which as classified as assault weapons, and all of which were purchased legally.

2/3 out three of your examples could've had ended with more lives still intact and I didn't even research the last one.
    If people put a little more creativity in their methods, or research, they could do more damage with 100% legal, unregulated substances.

Feinstein's specificity just so happens to ban all of the assault weapons, actually. Wait, jk "assault weapon" is a broad term that can cover any weapon you want it to for the sake of your argument.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-12-28 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really seem that way. 120 specifically named models, and then a stipulation about magazine sizes, when it's very easy to make a magazine of whatever size you'd like out of a steel blank and a spring. It also seems to be basing part of the ban on appearance, which is hilariously stupid.

This bill is basically SOPA for guns.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    If people put a little more creativity in their methods, or research, they could do more damage with 100% legal, unregulated substances.

Feinstein's specificity just so happens to ban all of the assault weapons, actually.
    Hell, you can make something akin to napalm with gas and styrofoam cups. Should the Solo cup company be outlawed now? What about Exxon?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Doesn't really seem that way. 120 specifically named models, and then a stipulation about magazine sizes, when it's very easy to make a magazine of whatever size you'd like out of a steel blank and a spring. It also seems to be basing part of the ban on appearance, which is hilariously stupid.

This bill is basically SOPA for guns.[COLOR="red"]
    He's completely trolling at this point and he knows it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-28 at 08:06 AM.

That's a hell of a lot more specific than "ban the assault rifles!". You wanted to know "what that is" and the bill defines it.

And I don't see what there is based on appearance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 08:02 AM ----------

He's completely trolling at this point and he knows it.
    This is a violation of forum rules.
    Just because you're slow doesn't mean the rest of us are.
    as is this

10+ Year Old Account
    This petition thing is the greatest trolling tool ever. That Deport Piers Morgan one is just the best.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    Background check of owner and any transferee;
    Type and serial number of the firearm;
    Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.[/B]
    I could stomach that law if this wasn't in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I could stomach that law if this wasn't in it.
    Eh passing a law is a little like bargaining. You throw in stuff you know you won't get so that you have something to bargain down from.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's only specific if you don't know anything about guns. Not that it matters. This train wreck will never make it out of committee with the NFA grandfather stipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    That's only specific if you don't know anything about guns. Not that it matters. This train wreck will never make it out of committee with the NFA grandfather stipulation.
    Mind you that's just the summary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind you that's just the summary.
    Yeah, I know. They're going to name all of the currently manufactured "assault weapons" for direct bans, the military characteristic to get the AKs, and then use the feature bans to control AR home builds and prevent the rename trick that Colt does in California. It's pretty much a full on ban. Can't believe the NFA stuff though. I think Feinstein believes she'll be able to bargain on it and get the rest of this garbage through, but without a filibuster proof majority, this thing is dead anyway. No Republicans are going to risk getting Lugared over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    This petition thing is the greatest trolling tool ever. That Deport Piers Morgan one is just the best.
    Shit, someone made one? brb, signing that shit. Problem is, where would we deport him to? I don't think the Brits would let us hand him back.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, someone made one? brb, signing that shit. Problem is, where would we deport him to? I don't think the Brits would let us hand him back.
    Devil's Island sounds good to me.

Why? Because people disagree with his opinions?

Fucking hell. Any time there's a major incident the crazies and the ignorant come out in force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, if people feel in danger, why would a president deserve a special treatment?
    It's his duty to protect everyone, or join the crowd of unprotected ones.
    Anyway - why bother, this president, another president, they'll find someone to offer to you for elections, don't worry. Presidents don't decide anything, they just represent a force

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Why? Because people disagree with is opinions?

Fucking hell. Any time there's a major incident the crazies and the ignorant come out in force.
    It's because he's a dick. I happened to walk by his show in the lobby while leaving work 3 days in a row. All 3 times he was just yelling at his guests, calling them idiots for believing that the United States constitution protected their right to own an AR15. It was a Bill O'Reilly caliber performance and unfortunately for Piers, he's not O'Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Presidents don't decide anything
    Um, I think you need to revisit the what the powers and responsibilities of the executive office are.

It's because he's a dick. I happened to walk by his show in the lobby while leaving work 3 days in a row. All 3 times he was just yelling at his guests, calling them idiots for believing that the United States constitution protected their right to own an AR15. It was a Bill O'Reilly caliber performance and unfortunately for Piers, he's not O'Reilly.
    By that right, we should "deport" half of MSNBC, whatever that channel Nancy Grace is on, and almost all of Fox News. Toss in a few from CNN and some other stations as well.

What a foolish thing to say. The man's loud, obnoxious, arrogant and a bit of a dick. That makes him fit in quite well with the world's perception of Americans.

It's also disgustingly ironic.

Gun owners getting pissy about a person expressing freedom of speech... and yet they moan when people discuss their right to own firearms.

Perhaps the people that signed that petition will happily waive their first amendment rights in order to keep their second amendment rights.