Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    One tick of Drain Soul on a target with full dots does more than one Haunt.
    While this is true, it doesn't actually answer the question, since Drain Soul has a 2 second base time per tick, while Haunt has a 1.5 base cast time. The actual answer is easily readable from the DPET chart in your SimC report, where Haunt tends to edge out DS by a small amount. So yes, casting back-to-back haunts when you have an abundance of shards is a small DPS gain.

Incidentally, the gap seems to shorten as you get better gear, which suggests to me that it may no longer be a DPS gain in T15 gear.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

About Gobuchul question, worth it spam haunt in execution phase or drain soul the target until haunt finishes and cast 2 haunts (because the travel time of the first haunt won't let drain soul hit with the buff in the first tick)
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-11 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Please don't post in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    About Gobuchul question, worth it spam haunt in execution phase or drain soul the target until haunt finishes and cast 2 haunts (because the travel time of the first haunt won't let drain soul hit with the buff in the first tick)
    So cast the Haunt earlier..? You can clip Haunt without wasting it you know.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-11 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    So cast the Haunt earlier..? You can clip Haunt without wasting it you know.
    Yes, about 1.5sec right? I forget about it, sorry.

Besides de Haunt issue, in Execution phase we need to haunt everytime we can or drain soul is more important?
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-11 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Please don't post in bold.

Deleted
    I just tested the reforge plots on Simcraft, but after the simulation finished I dont have the graph about the reforging like Evrelia has. I did everything exactly like in the video. Any ideas why this is the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    I just tested the reforge plots on Simcraft, but after the simulation finished I dont have the graph about the reforging like Evrelia has. I did everything exactly like in the video. Any ideas why this is the case?
    Options -> Reforge plots -> The reforg amount and Step Amount must be proportional with each other, like 200/2000 or 250/3000 or it will have an error message then just check the boxes, for example "Plot reforge options for Haste Rating" and "Plot reforge options for Mastery Rating"
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-11 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Please don't post in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    If you have a broken image, then you tried to pick too big of a reforge range or too small of a reforge amount - meaning that there are too many points on the graph for it to show up properly.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Yes, about 1.5sec right? I forget about it, sorry.

Besides de Haunt issue, in Execution phase we need to haunt everytime we can or drain soul is more important?
    Stop posting in bold. It makes you look dumb.

During execute keep Haunt debuff up. Start casting it to make sure it will land before the old debuff is gone. Simple.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-01-11 at 07:54 PM.

So I have recently started SimCrafting my character after watching the video, to find stat weights etc. My question is really how I interpret the data when it comes to reforging my character. I am ofc on about haste compared to mastery.

I understand how to use stat weights (for example 320*1.65), and I input these weights into ReforgeLite. However, the reforge graph states that it would be a DPS increase to reforge differently, from mastery to haste.

So I'm a bit confused. Why do my weights not give me the same results as the graph?

Quote Originally Posted by Neltar View Post
    So I have recently started SimCrafting my character after watching the video, to find stat weights etc. My question is really how I interpret the data when it comes to reforging my character. I am ofc on about haste compared to mastery.

I understand how to use stat weights (for example 320*1.65), and I input these weights into ReforgeLite. However, the reforge graph states that it would be a DPS increase to reforge differently, from mastery to haste.

So I'm a bit confused. Why do my weights not give me the same results as the graph?
    Because the reforge graph is designed for reforging and stat weights are not. Stat weights are about gaining stats, not losing some and gaining another.

Deleted
    Don't Know if this is the Appropriate Thread to post in About it If not Just Move it to A New Thread
    How to DPS Amber-Shaper Heroic adds?I Just fall Behind on them most of the time.Its not the Reason We are wiping it on it But Still if I can Squish something more it would be better.Would you Recommend Staying Affliction or Going Demo/Destro?

Quote Originally Posted by apokotou1709 View Post
    Don't Know if this is the Appropriate Thread to post in About it If not Just Move it to A New Thread
    How to DPS Amber-Shaper Heroic adds?I Just fall Behind on them most of the time.Its not the Reason We are wiping it on it But Still if I can Squish something more it would be better.Would you Recommend Staying Affliction or Going Demo/Destro?
    Destruction destroys the adds, but you should probably stick to whatever spec you're most comfortable with.

destro with mannorth's is amazing for this fight... especially if you have a boomkin in your raid (they melt them when they have their aoe up so afflic is kinda bad unless you focus one or two, since they die so quickly sometimes) as destro you can spam incinerate as well as keep rof up the entire time and hit everything... you can also havoc the boss/monstrosity and sburn the adds for extra dmg

however if you insist on staying affliction, one major piece of advice i can give you for this fight is that if you can soulswap (unglyphed) the adds as they are about to die you will save yourself a lot of shards... the adds often stay alive for an extra second as theyre about to die (they explode) so if you have a free global just as they're dying you can soulburn and refresh dots on the boss or put them on a different add... this helped me a lot since drain souling them does nothing for this fight >.>

you can keep corrup on amber shaper+tank construct during p2 for extra corruption procs, and also killing the monstrosity does give back shards so make sure u DS so you have plenty of shards for the final burn phase

Deleted
    its actually really good as afliction too. you can go mf and spam SoC. it is the same as destro. both aoe have 34m range if i remember correctly. i dont even mind dotting the adds except with sb:soc . doing this gives you alot of shards and you have good aoe burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    its actually really good as afliction too. you can go mf and spam SoC. it is the same as destro. both aoe have 34m range if i remember correctly. i dont even mind dotting the adds except with sb:soc . doing this gives you alot of shards and you have good aoe burst.
    Well it is more problematic since you cannot just spam the middle one to hit as many as possible, a soc on an add at the edge is pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Well it is more problematic since you cannot just spam the middle one to hit as many as possible, a soc on an add at the edge is pretty useless.
    I don't have any problem at all spamming on one target. Just keep dots ticking on the monstrosity and gogo. You can always throw one on a mind controlled player if its not detonating fast enough.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    if your SoC isnt detonating quickly enough, stand further away

Deleted
    honestly, i dont like seed of corruption much, it feels so slow from casting it to it detonating
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-01-11 at 12:20 PM.

After the 5.1 fix I have no issues with SoC. As long as you put it on a target with full dots you don't have to tab and put it on a new target anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    if your SoC isnt detonating quickly enough, stand further away
    This makes no sense. If you're spamming SoC, it doesn't matter how far away you are - as long as you're staying at the same distance, the interval between each SoC landing on the target will be the same.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs