Thread: Dire Horns

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stop diddlying in your pants. The book drops off Dinomancers at the Isle of Giants.

Deleted
    Just got a tome dropping from them dinomancers, tamed a red one! Fucking love them, cool pets!

http://i.imgur.com/btDPr.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Just got a tome dropping from them dinomancers, tamed a red one! Fucking love them, cool pets!

http://i.imgur.com/btDPr.jpg
    What's their special skill?

It's a frontal spell reflect shield, like the one seen by Courages on the Will of the Emperor encounter, and the adds on Sha of Fear.

About the Reflective Shield (http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137798 )... How is this going to work? Will it reflect any spell cast in front of him even if the spell are aiming a different target than the Direhorn, like the Hunter or a Party member? Or will it work only for protect the own Direhorn? Cause in this case it would be kinda useless, i mean, i would just use this pet for his look...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    About the Reflective Shield (http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137798 )... How is this going to work? Will it reflect any spell cast in front of him even if the spell are aiming a different target than the Direhorn, like the Hunter or a Party member? Or will it work only for protect the own Direhorn? Cause in this case it would be kinda useless, i mean, i would just use this pet for his look...
    Not sure, I tamed one to test it and it didn't have the special ability. My guess is that spells that have been casted from infront of the shield get deflected. I see us having to bring this to raids for spells in the future. Better go get one!

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Time to transfer and level my hunter

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    been looking on both ptr realms for this for the last 30 mins or so and none of the dinomancers are even lootable to me

GC's latest comment:
    Hunter
    - Direhorn Stampedes are everything you dream them to be.
    Promises
    We're not making any (except maybe that Direhorn Stampede bit).

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    should be like 100 stable slots surely its just lines of code like a bank tab!
    It's not the lines of code that's the issue, it's the database space. Though since they removed the pet talent trees, that should have opened up enough space to more than double the current stable size (unless they're reserving that space for something special, but there's no indication of that).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    GC's latest comment:
    Hunter
    - Direhorn Stampedes are everything you dream them to be.
    Promises
    We're not making any (except maybe that Direhorn Stampede bit).

Does this imply if you have the glyph of stampede that upon stampede all spells will be reflected for the duration?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed with the textures and colors on these guys. Definitely keeping one in my stable:

Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    @Up
    U are play a Dranei Male... Your Argument is Invalid

This pet is useless. When pet cast shield, pet stop atacking.

This book drops from trolls on Island, i wass kill 10? or more and find it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abunee View Post
    @Up

But my point about mass spell reflect might be applicable, although its such a huge waste of a dps cd im not sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abunee View Post
    @Up

I couldn't give two shits about its "usefulness." As you can see, I dont mention it being a revolutionary pet but rather that it looks good. Thats why I keep my pets around. I can deal damage on any class- I have a hunter for the pet system. Easy as that. Let's not rob the fun from it.

Also it took me about 15 Dinomancers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What realm are you guys actually getting drops from dinomancers on? I have killed at least 30 and none of them have so much as dropped vendor trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    What realm are you guys actually getting drops from dinomancers on? I have killed at least 30 and none of them have so much as dropped vendor trash.
    The US PvE realm. I'd normally be on PVP but I created a premade simply to get the book with no distractions. Had the whole zone of slowbies raging after 12 consecutive claims.

Keep at it. One guy there said he had killed 50 with no drop.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The US PvE realm. I'd normally be on PVP but I created a premade simply to get the book with no distractions. Had the whole zone of slowbies raging after 12 consecutive claims.

Keep at it. One guy there said he had killed 50 with no drop.
    I mean they are literally not lootable while other mobs are. I'd doubt the tomes are the sole items they drop...

welp randomly switched back to the pve realm from pvp and it dropped first kill. i guess they drop nothing but the tome, because of three i ended up killing it was the sole drop.

It is however missing it's special ability
    Last edited by bewsh; 2013-01-12 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    I mean they are literally not lootable while other mobs are. I'd doubt the tomes are the sole items they drop...

welp randomly switched back to the pve realm from pvp and it dropped first kill. i guess they drop nothing but the tome, because of three i ended up killing it was the sole drop.

It is however missing it's special ability

Actually as far as I can tell, they are. That and the very rare Dino Bone item which from what I understand is used for turn ins. Otherwise they're not lootable.

Anyway, grats. No idea whats up with the special ability. Mine didn't have it for a bit either. Try relogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Well we already have t-rexes and raptors so it looks like dire horns are gonna be those cool looking triceratops

I hope the buff is gonna be cool and unique
    Doubt the buff will be anything someone or some other pet doesn't already have... cos if it was something new that was actually useful this new pet would be mandatory.