Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

Diablo 3 sold 10.000.000 copies on PC in 6 weeks time. Probably 12.000.000 by now.

-----
    ALSO:

D3 was the fastest selling PC game of all time and so were the other games of Jay Wilson earlier designs: Company of Heroes and Dawn of War.
    Because the number of copies sold clearly reveal the quality of a game... riiight. If you judge a game's value only under that perspective, I feel sorry for you.
    It's undeniable that Diablo III rided on the coattail's of its predecessors, Diablo I and Diablo II. Let's us see how many copies a Diablo IV game will sell, in the future, while people still have D3 on their minds...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Because the number of copies sold clearly reveal the quality of a game... riiight. If you judge a game's value only under that perspective, I feel sorry for you.
    It's undeniable that Diablo III rided on the coattail's of its predecessors, Diablo I and Diablo II. Let's us see how many copies a Diablo IV game will sell, in the future, while people still have D3 on their minds...
    And that's why there will be no Diablo 4

Deleted
    To be honest i'm glad he is gone ... and on the same part I feel pitty for the project he will be in charge now.
    But maybe ... just maybe he won't be the director of another game and he just was fired or put into something less meaningfull and didn't want to say that.

In fact he was a liar to begin with, he even lied with his 7 years work for blizzard and so on.
    He insulted a man who created the Diablo franchise in the first place because he constructively said what is wrong with Diablo3.

So I don't take his words for serious here since he is such an arrogant douche, he won't tell us if finally someone made the decision to dispromote him.

And to all the "Diablo3 was the best selling game ever":
    Yeah it was, but why? Because of the amazing reputation this franchise and Blizzard had because of Diablo2 and WoW, not because of this man and his "vision" of the game.

There have not even been a beta for people to try, if there would have been one, i'm completely sure not even half as much games would have been sold.

This man basically destroyed the legacy of Diablo, destroyed the reputation of blizzard with a crappy game that is not worthy to be the sequell to Diablo2 and even had an attitude that is beyond unprofessional. (The "Fuck that loser" thing).

People have been fired for way less at blizzard and I still can't understand why they let him in charge after that anyway.

So tl;dr:

I'm glad he is finally gone, sadly years too late and since the game is already released and complete there won't be any bigger changes to the core problems of the game, since that would basically mean to recreat half of the game.

Diablo3 is dead and he is the one to blaim for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Why wait for D4? D3 expansion is going to sell more than D2 LoD did (2 million +).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin;19890280[B
    ]Because the number of copies sold clearly reveal the quality of a game... riiight[/B]. If you judge a game's value only under that perspective, I feel sorry for you.
    2006 - Company of Heroes - Senior Designer
    2004 - Warhammer 40k Dawn of War - Design and Story
    2003 - Homeworld 2 - Additional Design Support
    2003 - Impossible Creatures - Lead Designer and Story
    1998 - King's Quest: Mask of Eternity - Quality Assurance
    1998 - Blood II: The Chosen - Game Concept and Lead Designer

I just wanted to point out that Diablo 3 was not the man's first Design ever... and as a fact I found BOTH Company of Heroes and Warhammer's Dawn of War FAR better that the crap D2 was when I tried to play them ...

In fact you will be hard pressed to find another designer with this kind of several HUGE sale hits in the last decade (on PC that is).

And if you want to come along and start with the Justin Bieber "sales".

Guess who sold the most records and downloads ... in 2011 and 2012 ...

Adèle...

---- > This terrible Diablo 3 (ex D2) FORUM community was an insult to one of the few highly successful designers of the last decade.

The above successful games AND sale canons prove it. Oh now you are surprised of course: the man that brought you Company of Heroes and the Dawn of War series is trash talked... while selling 12 M copies of his next hit...

---- > Welcome to puberty on the internet (just start crying and call the whaaambulance because you died on a mob ...)
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-18 at 11:16 AM.

I just wanted to point out that Diablo 3 was not the man's first Design ever...

In fact you will be hard pressed to find another designer with this kind of several HUGE sale hits in the last decade (on PC that is).

And if you want to come along and start with the Justin Bieber "sales".

Guess who sold the most records and downloads ... in 2011 and 2012 ...

Adèle...

---- > This terrible Diablo 3 FORUM community was an insult to one of the few highly successful designers of the last decade.

The above successful games AND sale canons prove it. Oh now you are surprised of course: the man that brought you Company of Heroes and the Dawn of War series is trash talked... while selling 12 M copies of his next hit...

---- > Welcome to puberty on the internet (just start crying and call the whaaambulance because you died on a mob ...)
    What part of no one care's about what he did with other games do you not get.

People are pissed about what he did with D3. So what the last guy hasn't done anything special since D2+LOD he still is the one who put diablo on the map. and Jay Wilson destroyed every inch of that. I'm sure there will be a Diablo 3 xpac but unless it fix's everything 100% and makes the game the best ever there will not be a diablo 4.

Benbos dude you really need to give it a rest in every thread with anything related to blizzard you white knight them and it has gotten really old and all you do is repeat the same thing over and over.

Like many others said other people of blizzard have been fired for way less then what Jay Wilson has done the fact blizzard let him stay around this long is just stupid.

Edit: You also seem to be forgetting if it was not for the orginal makers of diablo Jay Wilson would not have had the chance to ruin D3.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-18 at 11:18 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Like I said: no one is holding a gun to the heads of 10.000.000 subscribers, so your remarks are irrelevant.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There's no accounting for stupidity. So my remarks are completely valid. There are just way too many idiotic "fads" and "trends" in this world today for me to ever believe that it's not all driven by marketing to the ignorant masses. How can millions of people be wrong? I don't know, but they are.
    Last edited by TheOne; 2013-01-18 at 11:19 AM.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

I hope jay is more like a shadow on a bigger team now. Waiting to put PvP in Diablo was the worst choice ever. :/

"Destroyed every inch".

Already this kind of talk about a decade old game that aged pretty badly in itself proves you have NO reference at all.

These are references:

Come back when you make you first game design which can be compared with things like Company of Heroes, Dawn of War or Diablo 3...

All by Jay Wilson as lead designer.

Not one single person in this thread could design a game with 4 basic rules.

It is like you want to comment on Messi when trying to play football without ever touching a ball.

Puberty at its best (no matter the age). You didn't like it ? I can understand that, but I am VERY glad you didn't touch it in designing it yourself. THAT would be a mess.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-18 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What part of no one care's about what he did with other games do you not get.

People are pissed about what he did with D3.
    Some are, some are not. We won't really know till the expansion hits stores and we see the sales numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Edit: You also seem to be forgetting if it was not for the orginal makers of diablo Jay Wilson would not have had the chance to ruin D3.
    He made it better than D2, how exactly did he ruin it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Fuck that loser.

Post constructively
    Seriously? he got infracted for that? It was relevant as its what Jay Wilson said about the person behind D2.

I think the mods round here need to get a sense of humor.

I'm glad he's gone, he was responsible for D3 being the disaster it turned out to be, A poor game, with features missing from what was promised, even after all this time since release, and with shockingly bad server stability on launch. Also the RMAH was an incredibly bad idea and the game was obviously designed around it.

He was in charge, so its his responsibility. Maybe next time get someone in who can objectively look at a game and assess it, rather than what seams to have happened in D3 and also in wow lately, is that the devs all think their content is great, but never seam to get it independantly tested to check they are not in a self confirmation cycle.

He;s done some other good games, but taking the credit for sucess, also means taking responsibility for failure, hopefully he learns from this, and next time a game is developed with him in charge he will not make the same mistakes.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2013-01-18 at 11:23 AM.

"Destroyed every inch".

Already this kind of talk about a decade old game that aged pretty badly in itself proves you have NO reference at all.

These are references:

Come back when you make you first game design which can be compared with things like Company of Heroes, Dawn of War or Diablo 3...

All by Jay Wilson as lead designer
    Ill repeat once more so maybe you will see it. No one gives a shit what he did with other games Diablo 3 would have sold the same if someone else was the lead designer due to its name and the company making it alone.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Good riddance.

His arrogant attitude, his "you will play this as I tell you to and like it" was old before Diablo 3 was released.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There's no accounting for stupidity. So my remarks are completely valid. There are just way too many idiotic "fads" and "trends" in this world today for me to ever believe that it's not all driven by marketing to the ignorant masses. How can millions of people be wrong? I don't know, but they are.
    So all these guys paying monthly WOW subscriptions are stupid and only YOU are smart , right ?

No it says otherwise: these guys pay their WOW subscriptions because they like it and you don't have any arguments about it.

And the "popular" thing doesn't really hold out, since you PAY.

People speak with their WALLETS. Posts on the forums are FREE.

That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Some are, some are not. We won't really know till the expansion hits stores and we see the sales numbers.
    There is this thing that many people have, including myself, called Hope. I always have Hope that things will be better some day. I even invest a little in some things in the Hope that my contribution may help it become better. People will buy the expansion Hoping things will be better. You can't accurately tell how popular it will stay by initial sales numbers. I think the way to see is to census the number of players still playing around the mid-way point between expansions. I mean for any game, not just D3.

I still think the expansion will sell well as long as Blizz makes good effort to improve the game. D3 is not what you would expect from a D2 successor, the amount of features that fall short of players expectations is big, but the core of a good game is there. What helps is also lack of proper competition for casual ARPG on the market. As long as that is true I don't expect a big drop in popularity. Blizz just have to wait some time so ppl forget a bit and they will be good to go.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

So all these guys paying monthly WOW subscriptions are stupid and only YOU are smart , right ?

No it says otherwise: these guys pay their WOW subscriptions because they like it and you don't have any arguments about it.
    A person is smart. People, as a species are undeniably ignorant and narrow minded. There are no doubts or debates about that. It is a fact.

The point is this. Every person has a logical reason for putting time and/or money into something. I stated mine above. It doesn't make the collective decision any better. Look around at what's going on on this planet and tell me good collective decision making is what got us here.
    Last edited by TheOne; 2013-01-18 at 11:31 AM.

No it says otherwise: these guys pay their WOW subscriptions because they like it and you don't have any argument about it.
    Prove they pay it cause they like it. Some pay it just due to the fact they have spent so much time on it if they stop it will feel like a waste to them.

Others are addicted to it.

Some just pay there sub so they can keep in touch with friends they have made over the years.

So no not all 10 million pay because they like it.

A person is smart. People, as a species are undeniably ignorant and narrow minded. There are no doubts or debates about that. It is a fact.
    10.000.000 people are PERSONS paying monthly subscriptions to play WOW dude.

These are persons that COMMIT themselves to PAYING without resorting to free hate posts on some thread.

And Blizzard yearly revenue will be 1.4+ billion dollars for 2012 to prove it.

The competition stands at a fraction of this, which proves - once again - these persons DO like it more than the other offerings.

----

The fact YOU do not like this Blizzard success is irrelevant.... as you represent just ONE person. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-18 at 11:37 AM.

You can't accurately tell how popular it will stay by initial sales numbers.
    Then how can you tell if a game (or anything else is popular)? Diablo 3 biggest issue is hype. Just look at D2 numbers and compare them to D3. D2 sold around 4 million copies, LoD sold about 2 million copies, D3 sold more than 10 million with 6 million just in the first week. D2 fan base wasn't big enough to account for all of D3 sales. There is a ton of people that bought D3 without even knowing what it is about. Just reading some of the early complains from some players where just silly "I have to endlessly farm?", "I have to play the game beyond normal to reach max level?".

Also, there are people that hated on the game just because everyone else did. There were people that had over 100, 300 and even 1000 hours played and said that the game is crap. Think about this, what kind of human being dose something willingly that they don't enjoy? Why not stop, why not do something else? If I start playing a game and I don't enjoy it, I stop playing it. I would assume every other rational human being would do so. I did the same thing in D2, finished on normal, didn't feel like playing nightmare and hell and simple stopped.