Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's technically both. A buff in that enemy MR won't screw how big it gets, but a nerf in that it doesn't scale.
    oh...holy shit, you're completely right.

and also, 3rd thing, shaco nerfs? why? lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    oh...holy shit, you're completely right.

and also, 3rd thing, shaco nerfs? why? lul
    Scratch that, I read the patch notes wrong. Apparently there's also an unknown + scaling on the shield, perhaps it's be 40% of the 65% AP damage scaling Q has right now.

Why they're nerfing Shaco like this, I don't even know either. I can't recall the last time he saw competitive play.

But damn that Galio Q buff, lower CD and mana costs in exchange for a slight nerf to the slow. Makes me wanna get him and bust out jungle Galio for the shits and giggles!
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-01-20 at 11:08 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Plate of the Warmage

+30 Armor
    +25 Ability Power

UNIQUE Passive: Killing a unit grants 0.5 bonus Armor and Ability Power. This bonus stacks up to 30 times.

Cost: 125
    This looks... interesting...

And another Black Cleaver nerf... so many indirect Talon nerfs, this upsets me!

EDIT: also a Bloodthirster cost increase; DFG and Zhonia's buffs. These are steps in the right directions for mages, I guess!
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2013-01-20 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Too big Shaco nerfs. Seriously, Riot. Wake the fuck up and smell what the fuck you're doing.

DFG Buff? Really? Didn't you seriously just (finally) manage to nerf Evelynn? Christ.

All the while, Kha'Zix remains un-nerfed. Well done broski.

Oh, and please fucking fix Armor/ARP before nerfing Health items.

Elise nerf/buff seems fair, her harass was way strong and the mana cost changes to cocoon will even it out a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Too big Shaco nerfs. Seriously, Riot. Wake the fuck up and smell what the fuck you're doing.

DFG Buff? Really? Didn't you seriously just (finally) manage to nerf Evelynn? Christ.

All the while, Kha'Zix remains un-nerfed. Well done broski.

Oh, and please fucking fix Armor/ARP before nerfing Health items.

Elise nerf/buff seems fair, her harass was way strong and the mana cost changes to cocoon will even it out a bit.
    Karma still remains nerfed, Heimerdinger still remains nerfed, Fiora and Tryndamere still remain nerfed, yeah.

We've still yet to see what they'll do to Warmog's, as they have acknowledged that it's too strong right now.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

and they nerf shen before nerfing olaf

dat dere riot logic

Deleted
    This patch leads me to an unoriginal but still valid conclusion.
    Riot has no idea what they are doing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:19 AM ----------

and they nerf shen before nerfing olaf

dat dere riot logic
    Nerf Ezreal and Shen before nerfing Olaf and Warmogs.
    Fix'd*

Deleted
    Karma still remains nerfed, Heimerdinger still remains nerfed, Fiora and Tryndamere still remain nerfed, yeah.

We've still yet to see what they'll do to Warmog's, as they have acknowledged that it's too strong right now.
    They're working on Heimer re-work. It's in the works. And I think they talked about starting Karma re-works (Have started already?). Fiora is fairly strong top, so what do you mean? And Tryndamere is just like Yi. He's fine as it is, he just won't have a place in high Elo because the meta won't allow it. Being melee-glasscannon is risky as it is and requires a proper kit (and imho can't be balanced properly) for it.

As long as they fix Armor/ARPen at the same time they nerf Mogs and other Health item's, I'm good. But if they nerf Health without buffing armor/nerfing arpen I'm taking a break until then because it'll be completely retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're working on Heimer re-work. It's in the works. And I think they talked about starting Karma re-works (Have started already?). Fiora is fairly strong top, so what do you mean? And Tryndamere is just like Yi. He's fine as it is, he just won't have a place in high Elo because the meta won't allow it. Being melee-glasscannon is risky as it is and requires a proper kit (and imho can't be balanced properly) for it.

As long as they fix Armor/ARPen at the same time they nerf Mogs and other Health item's, I'm good. But if they nerf Health without buffing armor/nerfing arpen I'm taking a break until then because it'll be completely retarded.
    I only can recall Fiora being used by GG's Darien a few times, and most of the time she is used in competitive play, she has a 0% win rate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    This patch leads me to an unoriginal but still valid conclusion.
    Riot has no idea what they are doing.
    In before jokes about how Valve can balance games better.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I only can recall Fiora being used by GG's Darien a few times, and most of the time she is used in competitive play, she has a 0% win rate.

I've rarely had trouble as Fiora top. She's really fine as she is, her kit however might be why she doesn't see competitive play. They can't just buff her numbers because then she'll be like Kha'Zix is now; completely out of whack and hilariously overpowered.

Deleted
    I just realized BC can now stack to 5 times for the same armor reduction, so it's not that bad for Talon, I guess... I don't think I'll notice not having 50 health :u

The Bloodthirster cost increase is really weird, though... it's an indirect nerf to all the ADCs which already have itemization issues... pretty confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I just realized BC can now stack to 5 times for the same armor reduction, so it's not that bad for Talon, I guess... I don't think I'll notice not having 50 health :u

The Bloodthirster cost increase is really weird, though... it's an indirect nerf to all the ADCs which already have itemization issues... pretty confusing.
    idk what riot's thoughts are.. 50health aren't going to mean squat. Just remove the health completely. That much damage and armor shred along with any health is idiotic to have in the same item. It's a frickin win/win, survivability and dumb damage.

idk what riot's thoughts are.. 50health aren't going to mean squat. Just remove the health completely. That much damage and armor shred along with any health is idiotic to have in the same item. It's a frickin win/win, survivability and dumb damage.
    riot logic brah. its an illusion of them actually doing their job of balancing

dont worry though, theyre watching this stuff like hawks

10+ Year Old Account
    riot logic brah. its an illusion of them actually doing their job of balancing

dont worry though, theyre watching this stuff like hawks
    Are they as bad at balancing than, say *cough* Ghostcrawler?
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Don't bait out Lycoris, don't do it!

Are they as bad at balancing than, say *cough* Ghostcrawler?
    LOL. don't play wow anymore, but no, riot is by far much better than wow pvp balancing. but still, riot does some stupid shit that just makes you wonder wtf they're thinking

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. don't play wow anymore, but no, riot is by far much better than wow pvp balancing. but still, riot does some stupid shit that just makes you wonder wtf they're thinking
    I still feel sour towards Blizzard for disabling Vengeance in PvP just because people can't be arsed to let Vengeance stacks fall off, as well as running classes that can dispel Enrage effects.

Heck, this may even prove that Nexon America can balance games better, and we all know about how much broken stuff there is in their games, namely MapleStory.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I still feel sour towards Blizzard for disabling Vengeance in PvP just because people can't be arsed to let Vengeance stacks fall off, as well as running classes that can dispel Enrage effects.

Heck, this may even prove that Nexon America can balance games better, and we all know about how much broken stuff there is in their games, namely MapleStory.
    I still feel sour towards Riot for unnecessary buffs on gragas (buffed his e) making him FOTM. After some tournament, then they nerfed him hard.

they can't seem to leave alone balanced champs. nerf shaco? why? oh right, he's gutting 900 elo. nerf elise? why? oh people are getting stomped in lane and don't know how to engage an elise. nerf ap yi? why? oh because 900 elo doesn't know how to counter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the item changes they are doing with this patch.

The new AP/armor item is interesting and I can't help but think it was a result of the s3 changes and ad assassins and bruisers everywhere. I think they said it was going to build into dfg? Don't remember.

They reduced the health on a lot of items that come out of giant's belt, and made AP items better, and reduced the cost of a few armor only items. I personally really like the changes.

As for champions, the nerfs to bloodboil were very much needed, and some of the other nerfs really don't make much sense. The shaco one is kinda weird. Idk why they would randomly take 100 off of shaco's deceive, but whatever. The change to 2 shiv poison is weird too. I guess it's supposed to make him more durable in the junge?

Interesting patch, I think a lot of the changes are definitely what they needed to make, though some are a bit odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The new AP/armor item is interesting and I can't help but think it was a result of the s3 changes and ad assassins and bruisers everywhere. I think they said it was going to build into dfg? Don't remember.
    It's gonna build into Zhonia's, yup.