Deleted
    Playing lvl 53 ranger with a witch and shadow.. I feel so OP dmg wise

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the current Diablo 3 players are going over to PoE, since the atmosphere is so much more alike diablo 2 than diablo 3 ever will be. It will be to see how the servers act these next few weeks, when people start learning about this new and awesome game called Path of Exile!

I'm sure many would agree with the atmosphere part.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    Yup that's the first thing I said about it.. it has a much better atmosphere than D3. I think the small team behind this game may have a gem on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the current Diablo 3 players are going over to PoE, since the atmosphere is so much more alike diablo 2 than diablo 3 ever will be. It will be to see how the servers act these next few weeks, when people start learning about this new and awesome game called Path of Exile!

If we ignore the story and look at the game play/items ect and compare POE and D3, assuming we didn't know which was which, I would have guessed at POE being the diablo follow up. It's what diablo 3 should have been.

Loving the skills system, I feel like I can play each class in so many different ways. Loving my summoner.

I finally got my answer, http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73903 "We hit a peak of 56,700 simultaneous player earlier today and we're looking forward to try to smash that record over the weekend. This is far more interest than we expected, though thankfully very close to what we purchased server capacity for! This news post describes what the launch was like from our point of view. "

Which is an incredible success for such a small team. I guess they must be very excited and happy that they have made soo many ppl happy with their product, also, 56k simultaneous means that they have like +500k active accounts (normally 10% of all players are playing at the peak during a 30-60min, but it may be different). So, well done GGG, you have earned alot $$ too (even if only 10% payed).

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I finally got my answer, http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73903 "We hit a peak of 56,700 simultaneous player earlier today and we're looking forward to try to smash that record over the weekend. This is far more interest than we expected, though thankfully very close to what we purchased server capacity for! This news post describes what the launch was like from our point of view. "

Which is an incredible success for such a small team. I guess they must be very excited and happy that they have made soo many ppl happy with their product, also, 56k simultaneous means that they have like +500k active accounts (normally 10% of all players are playing at the peak during a 30-60min, but it may be different). So, well done GGG, you have earned alot $$ too (even if only 10% payed).
    I bet they're going to have to buy 3x the server capacity within the next month , there are still so many people who do not know of the awesomeness of this game!

Deleted
    Solaris Temple lvl 3 , 1 inch before the q-item ... dc *cry* ... GGG why do you hate me sooo much ?!

Temple of Solaris is going to be my Pyramid for Act 3. 7 attempts, all d/c before I can get to the waypoint. LOL Luckily, that area is friggin' awesome, and I love the music in there! Also, dual Flame Sentinel Specters rocks!

Path of exile? More like... Path of D/Cxile... Yeah.

Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-01-27 at 10:01 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    Solaris Temple lvl 3 , 1 inch before the q-item ... dc *cry* ... GGG why do you hate me sooo much ?!
    had just done the solaris temple and had just got the quest item to unblock the way to the next quest and got DC'd with 9k infront of me...i'll take it as a sign and have a break :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Well damn i'm glad i left it rather than trying to spam logging back in

Main website is down for some people. Re-posting Chris' post on the emergency downtime.

We're getting absolutely crushed under the number of players trying out Path of Exile, and this has manifested as a server crash that has been occurring hourly today. In addition, there is a very rare bug that caused some players to log in to accounts from other players. The scope of this bug is very limited (and in almost all cases, the players logged out without disturbing anything). Fixes for both are being worked on at the moment. Because the game experience is compromised and people are disconnected due to the crashes, we have turned the game servers off until they can be brought up in a more stable state. I will update this post as we go - it shouldn't be too long! Thanks again for your patience, and sorry about these launch issues. It's amazing to see such high demand for the game.

Edit: The bug where players log in to the wrong account only affected people queued on a login server where that login server had also crashed. We have a fix for this that we are implementing and will test/build/deploy soon.

Edit2: For those interested, player concurrency hit 69850 players before it was high enough to take down the realm. Also, the current server problems do not appear to be to do with the DDOS we endured on the weekend. These are scaling problems with our servers and software, so we can fix them.
    I noticed almost 8k viewers total on Twitch last night for Path of Exile.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the 3rd Edit:
    Edit3: Jonathan has made a serverside patch for the accessing-wrong-account bug that we are manually applying to the realm at the moment. Thankfully the number of people affected looks small.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    wow... Seems this game has freakin exploded .

Tbh... good for GGG, I don't mind a little server instability, because I know (hope..) that it'll get fixed soon and when it is I can always play more epic PoE

I'm gunna link this again as my previous post got swallowed, anyone who plays a high level Duelist wanna give my "build" a look over, make sure I've not done anything retarded.

DW Tanky Sword Duelist Build

LOVING this game so far!
    Love the atmosphere!
    Love the Barter system (fuck gold, fuck repair bills)
    Kinda hate the loot system, but as I either play Solo or with friends it's no real worry
    LOVE the difficulty!
    Love how frakkin HUGE the passives tree is
    Not sold on the "skill gem" system.. I like it, I'm just not sure why...
    freaking LOVE the potion system, mostly because it means you can have potions with bonus' on! got a large health pot earlier with 3% lifesteal on... get the feeling I'll have that one for a while...

I could go on... But I'ma go log on and play instead
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Kongor, a prominent Diablo 3 streamer, is quitting Diablo 3 and selling all his D3 gear. He is focusing on Path of Exile now and donated $1,000 to create a unique item in Path of Exile.

^ 1 minute ago on Twitch.

Dat word of mouth.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-28 at 01:20 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that upsets me is the double standards people have in this thread....

What double standards? That's kind of a vague thing to drop out of the blue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kongor, a prominent Diablo 3 streamer, is quitting Diablo 3 and selling all his D3 gear. He is focusing on Path of Exile now and donated $1,000 to create a unique item in Path of Exile.

^ 1 minute ago on Twitch.

Dat word of mouth.
    It is always a thing that fascinates me, how a simple "hey you should try this its awesome" snowballs to suge huge amounts of people gaining interested in trying a particular game, that the company itself barely needs to advertise.
    We advertise for them now. =P

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he means people's willingness to put up with the server issues, whereas they were blown out of proportion with Diablo 3.
    But hey, PoE has a better excuse for it, given that Diablo 3 had tons of pre-orders and just general knowledge the game was going to be huge. PoE on the other hand is suddenly getting a bunch of word of mouth, and any joe can immediately download the game and play for free.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What double standards? That's kind of a vague thing to drop out of the blue...

Connection issues? It's ok it's not blizz

Graphics not up to par? It's ok it's not blizz

Always online? it's ok it's not blizz.

Designed for hardcore players? It's ok it's not blizz.

Loot systems not perfect? it's ok it's not blizz

Gear farm end game? it's ok it's not blizz.

Almost everything that someone has complained about in D3 is going on here be people are saying it's ok/great.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Maybe he means people's willingness to put up with the server issues, whereas they were blown out of proportion with Diablo 3.
    But hey, PoE has a better excuse for it, given that Diablo 3 had tons of pre-orders and just general knowledge the game was going to be huge. PoE on the other hand is suddenly getting a bunch of word of mouth, and any joe can immediately download the game and play for free.
    They went from a predicted 3.5 mil in the first year to 4.5 mil in the first day....