Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    but doesn't promote abstinence because it's based on the assumption that humans are sexual beings that have no reason to not have sex.

Fine with everything else but I don't see any good reasoning behind the anti-abstinence brigade. I'd be the last person in the world to take the side of church for example, but it still remains as the most effective means of contraception; unless you are, ironically, of 'the Church' for example, in which case it would appear to only have a 99.99999% success rate with the exception being Mary and her apparent parthenogenesis. Should abstinence be taught as the only acceptable means of contraception? Of course not. Should it be taught alongside the others? Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Who gives a damn about such little country. OP NO ONE cares.
    I'm perfectly aware very few people care about my country. It doesn't mean I'm forbidden from posting threads about it.

Also, can you please guide me through your reasoning as to why you posted? If you're not interested, move along. Don't post useless statements that only derail the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Fine with everything else but I don't see any good reasoning behind the anti-abstinence brigade.
    That's because most teenagers are notoriously unreasonable. They're going to screw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    but doesn't promote abstinence because it's based on the assumption that humans are sexual beings that have no reason to not have sex.

Fine with everything else but I don't see any good reasoning behind the anti-abstinence brigade. I'd be the last person in the world to take the side of church for example, but it still remains as the most effective means of contraception; unless you are of 'the Church' for example, in which case it would appear to only have a 99.99999% success rate with the exception being Mary and her apparent parthenogenesis. Should abstinence be taught as the only acceptable means of contraception? Of course not. Should it be taught alongside the others? Absolutely.
    It's not that the sex ed doesn't say abstinence is the most effective. It does. It just doesn't say people should start changing their sexual lives because of a 0.0x% chance of getting pregnant.

Deleted
    unfortunatly state in Croatia when it comes to religion is same as South US.

CC has been milking people dry since end of war and tragic thing is people don't seem to mind it actually they're greatful for it.

So ye i'm afraid that Croatia doesn't have much of future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    That's because most teenagers are notoriously unreasonable. They're going to screw.
    They're going to do drugs too, so we should let them do whatever they want in that department too? It's forgivable to presume at first that drugs are more deadly/consequential than sex, but it's likewise easy to forget that with sex (especially in large quantities and with numerous partners), there's a significant risk of STIs; some of which can be minor, whilst others can lower fertility or even result in death/increased susceptibility to it, in the worst cases.

The promotion of protection is fine, but so too is the equal promotion of the message that if you don't have sex, you won't get STIs, just as if you don't do drugs, you won't develop an addiction or kill yourself like an idiot with an overdose.

The promotion of protection is fine, but so too is the equal promotion of the message that if you don't have sex, you won't get STIs, just as if you don't do drugs, you won't develop an addiction or kill yourself like an idiot with an overdose.
    This is the inherent problem. Those calling for abstinence are typically calling for only abstinence.

In high school they taught us the names, appearances, highs, addictive level, and adverse effects for all sorts of drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    It's not that the sex ed doesn't say abstinence is the most effective. It does. It just doesn't say people should start changing their sexual lives because of a 0.0x% chance of getting pregnant.
    True, but I don't think it's extreme or bigoted to say that sex always carries risks, just as drug use always carries risks.

"If you don't want STIs, don't have sex, and if you want a noticeably reduced risk of them, use protection."

I'd call that a pretty reasonably epithet for a sex ed class.

Quote Originally Posted by Smece View Post
    I am from Croatia and i don't know what you are talking about.
    Sex ed splitting the country in two - you read too much trash left winged newspapers like jutarnji and 24sata - nobody i know young or old doesn't give a shit about it.
    HDZ party was a corrupt plague on Croatia, but SDP which you favor does the exact same thing as they did. Cant you see that all this "splitting the country in two" is just a political ploy to divert the eyes and questions from the real issues.
    smece is a legend and i sign everything he said..

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    This is the inherent problem. Those calling for abstinence are typically calling for only abstinence.
    Yes, and I disagree with them thoroughly on that. On the other hand though i've often encountered pro-protection advocates who are wholly against the notion of abstinence as 'an option' rather than 'the option', with proclamations of it being impossible and harmful among other things. Both sides have their nuts. Equal promotion for both the 100% successful measure (abstinence) and the less successful but still good measures (Condom, the pill, etc) is the best route to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'm perfectly aware very few people care about my country. It doesn't mean I'm forbidden from posting threads about it.

Also, can you please guide me through your reasoning as to why you posted? If you're not interested, move along. Don't post useless statements that only derail the thread.

Because you make it sound like it's something super important for rest of the MMO community, while it's not. You have ego problems in Croatia but it's been like that for long time hasn't it.

Deleted
    Because you make it sound like it's something super important for rest of the MMO community, while it's not. You have ego problems in Croatia but it's been like that for long time hasn't it.
    So only important things can be posted in OT? In that case we would have maybe 1 new thread a week if we were lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandlock View Post
    unfortunatly state in Croatia when it comes to religion is same as South US.

CC has been milking people dry since end of war and tragic thing is people don't seem to mind it actually they're greatful for it.

So ye i'm afraid that Croatia doesn't have much of future.
    I'd say things are a bit skewed when it comes to religion. 84% say they're Catholic, yet like 20% go to Church more often than once a year. The thing is, these 84% (those that aren't true Catholics among them) are under the impression there is such a thing as a Catholic culture that you can be a part of (or that you're justified to be a part of even if you're just a deist) simply to continue the Catholic tradition. I donno, I find the whole thing extremely silly.

I can tell you, though, that of the 60 friends or so that I know well enough, 3 or 4 support the Church. A third, or maybe even more, are atheists. A third aren't even real believers, simply deists (believing an intelligence created the universe but doesn't intervene in our lives). So yeah, I think the younger generations don't have this illusion that they're bound to follow a Catholic culture regardless of their faith.

wholly against the notion of abstinence as 'an option' rather than 'the option'
    This is because abstinence is always implied. You don't have to have sex if you don't want to.

Just tell the the risks that come with sex and let them make up their own damn minds if they want it or not.

Deleted
    Croatia is a wonderful little country with very nice people in it. And the sea is second to none.
    Having said that, polarisation is a catastrophe in politics in my opinion.
    And one thing. When you hear someone talking shite embarrassing him/herself, you have to stop thinking "who does she represent" and start thinking "who benefits from this one talking shite like this in public tv?".

Oh and saw a poster going "Croatia has no future" cause they're Catholics?!
    When did religion replace economics?

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but I don't think it's extreme or bigoted to say that sex always carries risks, just as drug use always carries risks.

"If you don't want STIs, don't have sex, and if you want a noticeably reduced risk of them, use protection."

I'd call that a pretty reasonably epithet for a sex ed class.
    And that's what they mostly teach, as far as I'm aware.

Fine with everything else but I don't see any good reasoning behind the anti-abstinence brigade. I'd be the last person in the world to take the side of church for example, but it still remains as the most effective means of contraception; unless you are, ironically, of 'the Church' for example, in which case it would appear to only have a 99.99999% success rate with the exception being Mary and her apparent parthenogenesis. Should abstinence be taught as the only acceptable means of contraception? Of course not. Should it be taught alongside the others? Absolutely.
    Abstinence is to sex what the bench is to football. The gear the players wear is the contraception.

Wow... This is just... wow

Game of Thrones is shot there!!! Of course i care!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you make it sound like it's something super important for rest of the MMO community, while it's not.
    By doing what have I done that?

You have ego problems in Croatia but it's been like that for long time hasn't it.
    Let's see, you think no one cares about my country (therefor you don't care either) and you dare presume we're egotistical without actually knowing anything about it?

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Wow... This is just... wow

Game of Thrones is shot there!!! Of course i care!
    You just made my day by knowing that. Dubrovnik ftw!

Oh, wait, crap. King's Landing ftw!

Speak for yourself. I care about most countries esp when an issue in a country is presented like it is in the OP.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...