I just had a couple of quick questions with regards to the video in the OP.

The only int procs I currently get are Blessing of the Celestials and Lightweave (don't have a very good weapon so went with Windsong over Jade Spirit). BoC and Lightweave both proc within seconds of each other and have the same duration and ICD. If I were to only cast haunt when I have an int proc up (or 4 shards) there are actually periods of time where I"m not casting haunt, and yet would also not be refreshing DoTs for a 8 second window.

I've tried it a couple of times, but I invariably end up seeing a DPS loss on target dummies if I wait for an int proc to go off. It seems I'm better off throwing out a haunt if I know I can follow it up with two full casts of Malefic Grasp. Am I missing something?

I'm also wondering if it makes sense to throw dots up using SB:SS every time BoC and Lightweave proc together? (they seem to line up very often). Would I then extend this via a Fel Flame in order to get more uptime with haunt + MG?

Hope these questions weren't already answered elsewhere...much thanks for all the video tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    I've tried it a couple of times, but I invariably end up seeing a DPS loss on target dummies if I wait for an int proc to go off. It seems I'm better off throwing out a haunt if I know I can follow it up with two full casts of Malefic Grasp. Am I missing something?
    Why are those two situations exclusive? Do both.
    Wait for trinkets to proc, refresh DoTs, haunt, gogo.

You're limited by Soul Shards, so there's no point using Haunt when you don't have any procs active. You'll get the same number of Haunts per fight so you should stack it with other effects to make it stronger.

Also, what are you using for your second trinket, and what about Dark Soul? You can easily burn through 4 shards during a dark soul burn.

Currently at the 6637 haste breakpoint with around 7400 mastery or so at a 502 ilvl, should my reforging til full bis be mainly focused on mastery now? and also gems I assume are pure mastery unless getting an int or mastery socket bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    Currently at the 6637 haste breakpoint with around 7400 mastery or so at a 502 ilvl, should my reforging til full bis be mainly focused on mastery now? and also gems I assume are pure mastery unless getting an int or mastery socket bonus?
    I don't think there will be another breakpoint until next tier (9211 at first (probably 420+ gear level) 9778 at the end (530+ish?)). So, 6637 is the best option as of right now, regarding gemming and socket bonuses...I've yet to see a socket bonus that wasn't "worth" hitting, even crit bonuses (I have my fair share of crit gear right now ).
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-01-29 at 07:05 PM.

Man, Afflic is amazing for Sha of Fear. Drain Soul on the platform panda mob and duck behind the pillar to avoid Death Blossom while maintaining dps, drain soul on Terror Spawns while behind shield then run into safe zone to avoid the Breath of Fear and Drain Soul keeps damaging the mob even after you're in front of the shield ... hax !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Man, Afflic is amazing for Sha of Fear. Drain Soul on the platform panda mob and duck behind the pillar to avoid Death Blossom while maintaining dps, drain soul on Terror Spawns while behind shield then run into safe zone to avoid the Breath of Fear and Drain Soul keeps damaging the mob even after you're in front of the shield ... hax !
    Yeah I've been loving these 'hax' as you so eloquently described them, don't let blizzard find out though!

In relation to shields, I always love managing to SB:SS an Emperor's Courage on Will just before he puts his shield up, feel so sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yeah I've been loving these 'hax' as you so eloquently described them, don't let blizzard find out though!

In relation to shields, I always love managing to SB:SS an Emperor's Courage on Will just before he puts his shield up, feel so sneaky.
    Oh snap, hadn't thought about that. Awesome.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

This, but also if you're in melee (say, if you're unfortunate enough to be playing a melee class) he has that one second where he can melee you before he puts his shield up

You actually have "plenty" of time on the Courage from the time he's attackable until he shields himself, I've always been able to put up CoEx, SB:SS and start an MG channel when he spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You actually have "plenty" of time on the Courage from the time he's attackable until he shields himself, I've always been able to put up CoEx, SB:SS and start an MG channel when he spawns.

This. You can target them before they hit the ground.

**EDIT** Sorry I posted "Fix my DPS" in the wrong thread. Have moved it over
    Last edited by Necropotence; 2013-01-30 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Have you tried using Grimoire of Sacrifice instead of Grimoire of Supremacy?
    I believe its the best for affliction atm unless there is alot of multidotting.

My gear at the moment does not allow me to reforge to the 6637 haste breakpoint. I am however, able to replace my 320 mastery gems -> 320 haste ones and this would put me at 6637 haste and approximately 7200 mastery (crit stays relatively unchanged).

My question would be if it's actually worth while to re-gem to hit that breakpoint.
    Last edited by Tensed; 2013-01-30 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensed View Post
    My gear at the moment does not allow me to reforge to the 6637 haste breakpoint. I am however, able to replace my 320 mastery gems -> 320 haste ones and this would put me at 6637 haste and approximately 7200 mastery (crit stays relatively unchanged).

My question would be if it's actually worth while to re-gem to hit that breakpoint.
    Short Answer: No. Though I don't understand how, after regemming, you could have 7200 Mastery and 6600+ Haste, yet you can't do the reforge without regemming. You must have like 8.5k mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Short Answer: No. Though I don't understand how, after regemming, you could have 7200 Mastery and 6600+ Haste, yet you can't do the reforge without regemming. You must have like 8.5k mastery?
    Sadly that's the case. I sit at approximately 9.7k mastery at the moment unbuffed.

I'm in a similar boat but with a lot less mastery. I must be doing something wrong with simcraft: I currently went hard into haste, reforging and gems and am sitting at 6800haste and 4618 mastery. Prior to that, simcraft was telling me to go harder into haste until I broke 66xx haste. Could you be a bit more specific?

Sadly that's the case. I sit at approximately 9.7k mastery at the moment unbuffed.
    Could you link your armory?

Do the reforge-plot in simcraft and if it tells you to get the 6637 haste breakpoint then regemming is the way to go.

Could you link your armory?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ensed/advanced

Since he won't be able to link at his post count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Tensed/advanced

Since he won't be able to link at his post count.
    How in the world can he have both a legendary gem and a normal one in his mainhand when it's only got 1 gem slot? (Sha-touched)