Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Sounds completely fair to me. The game really isn't for everyone and it's completely dependant on what you want/expect to get out of it. If it's not much fun to you, the best choice is always to move on.

I really like the multiplayer side myself, as it can be hilarious the amount of trouble my lesser geared friends can get into, being chased by MP6/7 mobs when they stray from the group.
    The poster you aswered to clearly stated he played it in the first month.

These days ... 90% of my play is in grouping mode. It is better to play your main that way: FASTER loot and FASTER Paragon levels.

After patch 1.05 the game changed completely and there lies the problem: a lot of people wouldn't recognise the game anymore.

- Diablo can be killed in Inferno much easier (even in public group mode with sub par Lvl 60 gear).
    - Grouping mode - even in public groups - is extremely rewarding.
    - MP play is everywhere - even in leveling in normal: Playing the starting levels with MP10 is ... awesome in gaining experience and in loot.
    - Key hunting IS a grinding challenge, but even there with ... a whopping 5% chance to even find a key from the Key wardens... I have a dozen keys by playing it mostly in public group modes...

So yes D3 should have been released with the content of patches 1.04/1.05 and simple dueling modes...

The "hate" is so dispersed and SOOO out of tune with the present day play of D3

I think the following needs to be done by Blizzard:

1. Launch D3 with its most updated form of play on consoles in 2013. These guys will have a blast, because D3 fills a gap over there between shooters and sports games.
    2. Launch a limited casual PvP BG with 4vs4. Add some gems that give huge defense benifits.
    3. For the PC market: launch an expansion in 2014 with just 2 more Acts and 2 new classes

tldr: People "hating" D3 are mostly hating a game that doesn't even exist in the form they knew .

------
    As to SC2 and Korean hardcore PvP players: It is GREAT that D3 is still in that top 10 there because it has NO competitive PvP and STILL is getting played (ALL the other games have some forms of PvP). So D3 - even in an abnormal competitive free to play market - is being played.

The reason is simple: D3 adresses a hole in the market: the casual on line game you hop into and out of with no worries of "competition" or "attunements" needed.

Personally I don't like SC2 at all. But that doesn't mean I am going to hate post 3000 times in its forums...

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You saying it's so with no evidence isn't a very strong argument. The internet wasn't created to play video games. I'd love to know how you will refute the already long list of negatives I gave for always online play. I'll still be playing my oldschool on the disc games when I'm in my bomb shelter from WW3.

What will you be doing? Preaching in the streets that Battle.net will save us from the fiery depths of hell?
    The internet is everywhere, so the most played long term games use the internet. That's simple logic.

I play board wargames too. They are printed on 1000 copies each... That doesn't mean the rest of the world is playing them. So your solo playing of NON connected games is great, only ... it is becoming a rarity.

And what have board wargames to do with this discussion of the meaning of internet play these days ???

Well , since a couple of years even these board games are translated on a one to one basis to be played on ... the internet (with programs like VASSAL).

You get a complete scan of the game (maps/counters) and you play it over the net with its complete integrated components. You play it like a board game, moving the pieces and throwin the dice... but with a partner 10.000 miles away.

This year these makers will transport their VASSAL program to 100M+ tablet PC's. Effectivley playing the internet boardgame on your coffee table.

So if you STILL think that the always connected game is not THE standard upcoming in our way of lives and gaming, I think you should look around. The ONLY reason for complaint is the argument of not being able to get cracked copies ... and we all know that's simply an argument of thieves.
    )
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-31 at 11:14 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The ONLY reason for complaint is the argument of not being able to get cracked copies ... and we all know that's simply an argument of thieves.
    )
    I agree with everything you just said except that part, I would like to play my dungeon crawler without lag, I would like to be able to play hardcore mode without deaths to battlenet issues and rubberbanding.

yes games are becoming more and more online focused, that does not mean they have to be or that some games even should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I'm sure spreading your hate on these forums will get your prayers heard, either post them ( a little more subtle) on the official forums or just stop posting these pointless angered posts. A lot of us still enjoy the game and the fact that you spend 12+ hours a day on a game you don't like doesn't go for everyone, I do 1-3 runs a day and I'm still enjoying them as much as when I started.

The OP asks why all the hate. He responds to it and then you tell him to not respond. If you don't like his opinion when he is asked for it then you should just not read it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile

So if you STILL think that the always connected game is not THE standard upcoming in our way of lives and gaming, I think you should look around. The ONLY reason for complaint is the argument of not being able to get cracked copies ... and we all know that's simply an argument of thieves.)
    You still have completely ignored my list of disadvantages for constant online play, which don't go anywhere near complaining abuot cracked copies. I should report you for trying to say I'm a thief on the sly, when I said nothing about cracked copies. You need to get your shit straight. (random smiley face to somehow make an insult easier to swallow...like you did)

So far you've proven yourself to be a crackpot who ignores actual facts to keep singing the praises. Please tell me how any of the disadvantages are an advantage, since always online you claimed to have no disadvantages. You didn't merely say it was 'the standard'. Saying that it's prevalent or that the most played games use the internet does not prove that it's an advantage. In fact it proves nothing other than the companies put the games there.

I don't expect any real answers from you. I guess you don't realize that admitting the disadvantages and then trying to highlight the positives to trump them would be an honest and real debate strategy. Instead you'd rather ignore truth and keep discrediting yourself. You know if you can't admit the other side of things, you won't be taken seriously...you do know that right?
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-01-31 at 02:10 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Advantages of always being on line:

- NO cracked copies all over ALL torrent sites 3 weeks before launch. D3 on a client copy would have been a catastrophe in sale figures AND in a much needed support afterwards. a client side D3 would EXCLUDE everything.

- NO massive long term duping possible. Short hic-ups ? Not even worthy to mention as a SQL server can control/rectify anything.

- ALL players see themselves through websites which track their progress on a regular basis. VERY important.

- Aiding and perfecting tools to better your on line avatar and play mechanics all with the same tools, same versions, same server.

- But most importantly: the games being on line is an ongoing support for ALL players (automated updates when you log in, you all play the same version) and enhance the feeling of playing it with others.

As such, the modern player sits in this internet community 24/7: from facebook to games to news gathering.

"DIAL IN" is no longer the standard for the VAST majority of us: pushing the "ON" button on your computer = logging in on the internet. And ... D3 is not exactly a game you can play on a plane either btw ...

And I simply do NOT believe the "I am in a plane guy" or "I sit in a bunker 24/7" and so just need to play it off line.

I guess the only excuse could be that someone sits in a jail or something, but hey; that's not a problem of Blizzard is it.

As a matter of fact: when looking back at those massive number of "on line" complaints at launch, these already look VERY dated by now... as the internet booms in every corner on a day/day basis..

---

And yes: a client side copy of a PC game is a HUGE invite for EVERYONE to be a thief. As such it no longer is a valid option.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-31 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    snip
    I got a ring worth 300m @paragon level 7, it's all RNG. And I think Path of Exile will fail miserably, it's made for hardcores which is a dying breed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    games fine. its like everything in life.
    either you like it and continue to do it, or you dont like it and you stop.

Really dont understand where the QQ comes from people. People knew (or should have known) from the start that it was going to be a grinding game. those that burned out on it (dont take this personally) have no one else to blame but themselves. no one forces, or forced you to play for 12 hours a day every day. The only people your in competition with is yourself and maybe a few friends.

Just take regular breaks and its enjoyable.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I finally am close to finishing the single player story on the default mode (i have almost no time,hurray kids). It's not a bad game. It's basically D2 with different skin, storyline, and acts. I like the voice acting. I like the little bits of dialog from your followers (granted this never seems to go anywhere, complete waste). I like the visuals, i like the ease of getting into it. It's an incredibly simple game at its core, and that really appeals to me right now.

I play a DH and i am hoping to get to level 40ish so i can get a ferret companion, I thought they were a nice touch, homage to WoW hunters. I can also see the appeal of other classes, and the game is short enough to allow some replay value.

Granted, there is alot not to like. The constant lag and tethering, I am not sure if its my video card or some really fucked up network connection (WoW runs fine for me), but this is my #1 complaint.

The AH, i never have seen it. I could care less. To me this is a short single player game with some multi-player. I know some people really like the farming aspect, but to me this is not an MMO, was never designed to be a game that you sink 100s of hours into.

Also the absurd price and inability to sell the game sucks royally. Since blizz is holding all the cards on this i expect the price to be high for a long time, unlike typical games that drop by 1/2 in six months.

But given all that, the story is interesting and as a simple shooter type game, it's not too bad.
    Depends on what you want and expect. I had predicted EVERY major plot line in the game before it was released, the girl being Diablo, Caine dying, the angels fighting, Tyrael being cast down etc. The story is really terrible and the villains are ridiculously stupid, going "Oh you killed my X! Well I'll just start my secret plan of doing Y instead!" right to your face.

And this long explanation gives you the major reason why so many hate it. It's long but it goes into detail with the explanations.
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6...eenjtc9lw2.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Advantages of always being on line:

- NO cracked copies all over ALL torrent sites 3 weeks before launch. D3 on a client copy would have been a catastrophe in sale figures AND in a much needed support afterwards. a client side D3 would EXCLUDE everything.

- NO massive long term duping possible. Short hic-ups ? Not even worthy to mention as a SQL server can control/rectify anything.
    False. Duping happens, it happens regularly. I don't scour torrents like apparently you do, so I can't speak to the first claim. But since you specifically said 3 weeks before launch...umm...so it's fine if they exist now? No, didn't think so.

- ALL players see themselves through websites which track their progress on a regular basis. VERY important.
    Is it? I haven't looked at mine once. It's clearly not important to me. I'll give you that it's a good feature overall, but it doesn't bring anything to the gameplay. That is a social element that isn't an advantage inside the actual game.

- Aiding and perfecting tools to better your on line avatar and play mechanics all with the same tools, same versions, same server.
    Did this mean something in non jargon? It doesn't mean anything to me. Having an offline game doesn't mean everyone will have different versions of the game unless they are hacking it, which they can technically do anyways. Not sure where you are even going with this.

- But most importantly: the games being on line is an ongoing support for ALL players (automated updates when you log in, you all play the same version) and enhance the feeling of playing it with others.
    Updates can be provided without the game requiring online play. This has nothing to do with having to lpay online always. Plenty of games run offline (oh look, TL2 does this) yet still update the game online.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Depends on what you want and expect. I had predicted EVERY major plot line in the game before it was released, the girl being Diablo, Caine dying, the angels fighting, Tyrael being cast down etc. The story is really terrible and the villains are ridiculously stupid, going "Oh you killed my X! Well I'll just start my secret plan of doing Y instead!" right to your face.

[/url]
    Attacking a H&S grinding game for its story is the same as attacking a Seinfeld joke because you heard it 60 times already.

Also I don't believe you knew the end before the end/ But apart from that, these grind games are not played for their story, they are played because of the grind.
    ---

As such Diabo 3 succeeds perfectly for players liking it: a casual on line grinding game with ease of play, easy to get out and easy to jump in.
    No competition in gearscores or reputations required.

The story attack is one of most absurd and moronic arguments for a video game anyway.

tell me the story of that plummer or sonic hedgehog.

YES we KNOW it after SW TOR: Story was and NEVER will be the 4th pillar of long term play in video games. EVER.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:57 PM ----------

False. Duping happens, it happens regularly. I.
    END of discussion already.

You know what a massive duping is ???

TENS OF THOUSANDS of items being duped with the SAME stats all over the place. So they render the game completley useless for ANYONE even playing it.

Now that's duping. A SQL server controlled system controls these mechanics so they don't happen massively. As every item is stored in those SQL tables and not in the hands of greedy duping clients (BIG difference here).

END of discussion.

A client side copy of Diablo 3 (copied, cracked, duped) would simply be the END for all game players. Perhaps that's what you simply want.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-31 at 03:03 PM.

I don't hate D3 but I don't like it either. I stopped playing it very early on. I don't even really know why, it just didn't hold my attention very long. It's weird, because other dungeon crawlers have kept my attention for much, much longer, but this one just didn't click. If I had to guess, it would be that the gameplay was far too simple for my own personal taste. I get that some people like casual hacking and slashing, but the action of playing it made me feel braindead (even into Nightmare and the beginning of Hell mode. I will confess that I stopped playing before I got to Inferno). I don't actively go around complaining about it though. I don't feel that that's necessary. I just don't care about the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    END of discussion.
    So because the duping that occurs isn't 'massive' it's acceptable? And you are the one who determines what is acceptable and what isn't? What is your threshold, your majesty, for when it has exceed acceptable levels? Possibly never, since you are holding on to a straw man argument even though your own words admit it doesn't work.

You can't just backpedal everytime you get pointed out wrong. It doesn't prevent duping, so it's not advantageous to be always online. Especially since the stated goals (which we all know are BS anyways) aren't met by always being online.

Insert 25c to try again. You still haven't given a solid benefit that couldn't be accomplished offline that is worth all of the disadvantages it brings. Instead of merely admitting it's a poor system because they can't fix all of the problems, you continue saying it's pure gold.

Sorry, not falling for that illogical style of argument.
    BAD WOLF

The only ones who benefit from online only is Blizzard. If your that much of a Blizzard sycophant the I guess through some transitive fanboy property you benefit to. Or if your an employee I guess you benefit to. The players do not benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The only ones who benefit from online only is Blizzard. If your that much of a Blizzard sycophant the I guess through some transitive fanboy property you benefit to. Or if your an employee I guess you benefit to. The players do not benefit.
    Apparently the fact that so many people use the internet, having a game require the internet all of a sudden is advantageous. It's like saying that we all breathe oxygen, so having to be hooked up to a respirator to do anything is an advantage to us. Even if it means we can't properly travel, frequently get tangled up in things, break equipment, and have to cautiously carry it around with us when we're walking.

Pssh, being able to breathe air on our own is clearly not in our best interest.
    BAD WOLF

Apparently the fact that so many people use the internet, having a game require the internet all of a sudden is advantageous. It's like saying that we all breathe oxygen, so having to be hooked up to a respirator to do anything is an advantage to us. Even if it means we can't properly travel, frequently get tangled up in things, break equipment, and have to cautiously carry it around with us when we're walking.

Pssh, being able to breathe air on our own is clearly not in our best interest.

It's also not even true. Service men and woman for example don't always have reliable access to the internet. Or busy professionals in any field who are on the move in planes and in hotels. Why should they be cut off from their game in their own "free" (re: travel) time or worse have to shell out to the hotel for overpriced and laggy internet. Christ even as a kid I would bring my d2 on a laptop when we took long distance family vacations on the road. It was great. Theirs lots of instances where you can be cut off form the internet. Why should ANYONE be denied access from the game solely by the criteria that they don't have an internet connection. It really makes no sense to anyone expect Blizzard I guess.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-31 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's also not even true. Service men and woman for example don't always have reliable access to the internet. Or busy professionals in any field who are on the move in planes and in hotels. Why should they be cut off from their game in their own "free" (re: travel) time or worse have to shell out to the hotel for overpriced and laggy internet.
    Great point actually, but Blizzard would rather have RMAH fees and not dare let anyone go out and do anything on their own. I don't have any overall problems with Blizzard, and I don't reall even have a problem with D3, and even I can admit it's terribly flawed and not for the good of the consumer at all.

The fact that you can play TL2 offline is amazing. Normally when our power goes out from storms I have to reinstall WC3, but now there are several new titles giving you an online and offline service. Just as it shoud be.
    BAD WOLF

There is no defense for the always online on a player side. People have real lives, and, yes, while the internet is a thing, not everyone has an equal ISP, nor is their connectivity always a surety. If you get home, and games are your hobby, and your internet is out, but those games requires an always online addition - your hobby doesn't pan out. And that's just people that stay at home, people that travel, for any reason, are a market that such requirements ignore entirely. If we lived in a world where we could easily transfer from service area to service area with no blips or lapses, and we didn't have to deal with this regional ISP 'its mine no its mine pay me no pay me' nonsense then it would be one thing, but the internet - and how it's provided - in this day and age just prevents such things from being a proper possibility.

It really only benefits the company in question, and not even universally so, as anything that hurts the consumer potentially hurts sales. Sure sales are great, but consider - they can always be better, you can always stand to make more money.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps that's what you simply want.

No I want to play hardcore without being shafted by lag/rubber banding, I want to play the game I bought when my own or blizzards service is acting up.

Great point actually, but Blizzard would rather have RMAH fees and not dare let anyone go out and do anything on their own. I don't have any overall problems with Blizzard, and I don't reall even have a problem with D3, and even I can admit it's terribly flawed and not for the good of the consumer at all.

The fact that you can play TL2 offline is amazing. Normally when our power goes out from storms I have to reinstall WC3, but now there are several new titles giving you an online and offline service. Just as it shoud be.
    But in the END: you don't have ANY solution either.

because a CLIENT side copy of Diablo 3 would include automatcially:

- A gigantic exploit of COPIES, CRACKED codes and MASSIVE duping which would "kill" the game 3 weeks before launch.

Like Pardo said: there is no future anymore for a PC game in solo mode as it costs MULTI MILLION dollars to produce these things and in the hands of the present day internet market it is "death on arrival". My mother of 81 copies Frasier on her PC and watches it on TV... When I saw that (the few times I still manage to visit her), I knew this was "it", the final frontier was just broken down...

it is NO coincidence that Diablo 3 OUTSOLD every other PC game in that price range by a factor of 10 to 1 (Skyrim, COD, the biggest so called hits on consoles only sell a VERY small % on PC's. Most of PC games with a name as known as Diablo can't reach 500K copies sold).

that's why Pardo says that the future only lies with the games on the internet: well protected within a server structure and easy controlled to battle future exploits in the long term.

The big extra advantage is that you assemble all players as TL is a perfect example of a complete DEAD game (in group play) already. It is just a matter of a few more months to say the same about TL2.

Simple AND logical.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-01 at 12:13 PM.

Well this is the internet so there will always be plenty of hate to go around.

D3 is fine if all you want to do is finish the game on normal for the story or whatever. If you played D2 for endless hours though and planned on doing the same in D3 the game suddenly becomes a clunky and greedy AH, instead of an item hunting game. You will still be farming items, but with the goal of selling them instead of using them.