Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I guess this must be the same no one who said to Blizzard LETS PUT ALL THAT VALOR GEAR BEHIND DAILY QUEST GRINDING...

Shock and Awe DS was vastly more entertaining than MoP. At least DS was REWARDING. On multiple toons. It kept what I was playing fresh. MoP is hard to stomach even on one toon. I would gladly welcome Cata back as shitty as it was. The reward system was not one of it's flaws.
    I agree because of the dailies I don't mind doing a quest for a raid, its just the same quests over and over (and over and over) again is boring. Whereas with raid on alts you have the freedom to decide which alt, and when to PuG. If the content is easy and your realm is half decent you can easily PuG your heart out. On your own realm (LFR means you play x-realm). However DS was, even for my realm standards, a bit too much on the easy side, even with 0% nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post

dalies
    dalies
    did I mention dalies yet?
    Dailies, i don't care if there's so much content to do if 80% of it is dailies, that and i don't really like the theme, i know they have to make new lore but it doesn't feel like WoW to me anymore.

The honeymoon is over with MOP and most of the people who said "hurr dailies are optional" are now realizing that every goddamn bit of content is "dailies". Not dungeons or questlines, or new gameplay mechanics but dailies. Quite frankly, the game is fucking boring as it is and adding dailies on top of everything is a turnoff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    The honeymoon is over with MOP and most of the people who said "hurr dailies are optional" are now realizing that every goddamn bit of content is "dailies". Not dungeons or questlines, or new gameplay mechanics but dailies. Quite frankly, the game is fucking boring as it is and adding dailies on top of everything is a turnoff.
    Dailies are optional but if you want to see some beautiful lore in cinema, sound you'll have to do dailies 'n dailies. I don't mind such if the quests are varied, but in MoP they seem to put them behind a daily wall.

Why do people spew hate on the internet and whine all the time? Well, there has to be some way to identify fools.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Why do people spew hate on the internet and whine all the time? Well, there has to be some way to identify fools.
    Yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a fool, man that sounds a lot like how certain extremist groups use imagination as their only justification to persecute people these days.

No, I'm sorry, but people who are upset with WoW actually have a reason to be. We once liked a game, now we don't. It's pretty simple.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2013-01-31 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Im already seeing people claming Cata was amazing bahahahha, I knew this would happen, it always does. ''Current expac SO BAD, until it turns to be the one before the current one'', then it suddenly becomes the best or good XD. MMO-champion, you never dissapoint.
    Nobody is claiming cata was amazing. Many of us are saying we'd rather have that over mists.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Nobody is claiming cata was amazing. Many of us are saying we'd rather have that over mists.
    I just genuinely don't understand that point of view, as (in my experience) there has yet to be a period in WoW which lacked stimulation as much as Cata...

Hey, at least it made lvling alts (which is all I did since the end game sucked) easier

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    I just genuinely don't understand that point of view, as (in my experience) there has yet to be a period in WoW which lacked stimulation as much as Cata...

Hey, at least it made lvling alts (which is all I did since the end game sucked) easier
    Define lack of stimulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Better question should be why do former WoW players hate Blizzard and WoW so much like they killed their kitty or puppy.
    yep and WHY in the world there are dudes that make around 3.500 individual negative posts on a yearly basis about Blizzard games on this forum - be that D3, SC2 or WOW.

As long as it satisfies their ego I guess.

take 200 of these guys and you have a whopping 700.000 "suck" posts per year...

Now that's the true answer about hate on forums. (Of course it is just a clear coincidence this post lays just under the previous one)...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-01 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    The original 4.0 Cata dungeons are among my all time favorite. I still get tears in my eyes from certain events there. In MoP, they're not bad! But that is because of challenge mode and only because of that. And honestly the theme of WotLK and TBC is more attractive, as well as Cata. Maybe it is familiarity or nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because dailies.

I have other issues, too: MoP's setting and theme got very boring very quickly. It somehow made 5-man content feel even more mindless and unsatisfying than late WOTLK. The game's gear-hunting stat-minutiae formula is just getting really stale.

But the line that MoP actually crossed with me was this ludicrous enthusiasm for putting everything behind walls of daily quests. And then even after the reps are done, you feel obligated to keep doing dailies to meet your Coin quota for the week. It just feels like this never-ending treadmill, more blatantly than ever before.

It's true: technically, you don't have to do dailies in MoP. Fine. But I felt obligated / pressured enough that I felt guilty if I didn't log in regularly to spam through a bunch of tedious content I had no interest in, doing the worst part of the game for me (old, ugly, pointless wall-of-text party-like-it's-2005 questing).

So even if, on a perfectly-organized logical analysis, MoP doesn't force you to do dailies, I felt pressured enough that the game became a chore on a level it has never been before. 5.1 was like, "Hey, guess what? MORE OF THE SAME!" 5.2 is like, "NEW HUB ZONE! GUESS WHAT WE'RE DOING!"

And I'm like: "No. Done."

It makes me sad, but logging in used to be exciting. Now, when I think about not logging in, I feel relieved and happy — like realizing it's a work holiday. That's not something I want to pay for, sorry. I definitely don't hate Blizzard, I don't hate WoW, I'm not sure I even "hate" MoP. But I was already sort-of tired of WoW's formula and MoP's design pushed me, personally, over the edge very quickly.

And straight-up: I think the raid content in MoP is awesome. I've stuck with MoP for months despite my frustrations because I really like the fights. It feels like a huge step-up in encounter design from Dragon Soul. If I could just WOTLK/Cata it and hop on, raid, and then hop off without feeling like I'm neglecting a huge list of chores, I'd still be subbed.

But for me, ultimately, the great stuff is gated behind too much tedium and chores. I haven't even bothered with a single alt because of imagining the slog to get them raid-ready again. I decided I'd rather spend my limited gaming time on something I actually look forward to, rather than grind away hours on boring filler to earn the privilege of actually playing the game.

I'm glad other people are still enjoying it, though. Really. WoW has a lot of good things and I hope it keeps going for a long time. But the current design direction is not for me.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2013-02-01 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    So as the title says there are plenty of people whining over mop and saying that they quitted wow just because of mop.
    To be honest mop is so far best wow expansion,you've got something to do all the time,art design of panderia is outstanding,raid bosses are actually hard even on raid finder difficulty and so many other things that makes mop awesome!
    so where does all the hate come from? why do people keep bashing mop?
    p.s:before haters start asking,no i'm not being sarcastic
    Well let's see:

1. My alliance guild leader thought Pandas were stupid. I didn't share that opinion, but he hated it to the point where two hours before the midnight MOP launch he announced that we wouldn't be raiding in MOP.

2. About a week after that he quit completely. The guild's MOTD has been set to "The golden lotus can go %@#$ itself" ever since then. So I'm going to say, "Dailies".

I hate the dailies and rep system. Well... that's not completely accurate. I hate the idea that I'm forced to get rep with all those factions by doing their dailies. I don't enjoy doing them, don't enjoy spending the time, and the part that really burns me is that no matter how many dungeons I run, my valor points are worthless if I don't have the rep. Per character. I liked to play lots of alts in Cata and before that WOTLK and before that... all the way back to vanilla. I have multiple characters with old school low-level PVP titles just from world PVP back in vanilla. So lots of alts... which I can no longer play without putting in a HUGE amount of un-fun time into them.

I hate cross realm zones. Yes, damn you - I realize I'm the last soul on the planet earth to feel that way, no need to rub it in. But I don't like them, and that's not going to change. I don't enjoy playing in zones with the same idiots I meet in LFR. They're either horrible players or they're players who will gank you, but who you cannot hunt down and find again. To HELL with that. I'm not leveling a monk in that environment. (and would not level any new character in that environment)

Honestly, that's about it. Gear you have to pay for twice (VP, rep) per character, and CRZ. Everything else about MOP is actually pretty damned awesome: better graphics, higher quality textures, dynamic lighting system, interesting quests, etc.

Still, those two negatives are enough that I don't play MOP hardly at all except to raid. I log on, raid, and log off. I didn't even log into wow yesterday at all, and this game has dominated most of my free time since it launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    The impression I've gotten is that most people are enjoying MoP overall, despite some of it's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    The impression I've gotten is that most people are enjoying MoP overall
    Same here.

Haters gonna hate, fanners gonna..fan.

wat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I mainly pvp and after the first season of mop i'm kinda disappointed. I hear that raiding is great in mop, tho i'v only done one LFR so i can't really comment.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Forum trolls hate MoP. 10 million other people would probably disagree

I don't really ''hate'' MoP, but there are some (major) things with the expansion I strongly dislike. Mainly about the dailys and theme of the expansion.

But overall, it is still a HUGE improvement over Cataclysm. That game should be burned out of existance. If it wasn't for Cata being so bad, then MoP wouldn't have those dissapointing sales.

Before fully rating MoP, we'll have to wait for the expansion to end. Remember Cataclysm? All the praising at the beginning ''10/10 GAME FAR BETTER THAN TBC AND WOTLK LULZ!!!''. .... Do we really need a repeat of that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If it wasn't for Cata being so bad, then MoP wouldn't have those dissapointing sales.
    Huh? Disappointing sales?

All the praising at the beginning ''10/10 GAME FAR BETTER THAN TBC AND WOTLK LULZ!!!''. .... Do we really need a repeat of that?
    Haha, not everyone said that. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedTerror View Post
    PvP being a piece of horrid shit at the moment is my major complaint otherwise I like MoP.
    I agree somewhat but lately ive seen it improve. At the beginning of mop the burst some classes and specs could dish out was insane. That's never fun unless you're the class doing the bursting. This past week I must have done 30 BGs and some arena and I feel the burst has been somewhat mitigated by the nerfs to some classes and abilities and better gear. Another drawback was the introduction of pvp resilience and pvp power made catching up in gear pretty awful but they're working on fixing that next patch. There's still balance issues but I feel we're going to always have those.

I like MOP I feel it's way better than what we had in Cata.