Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't come up with any valid reasons to hate it. I love the theme, I liked the raid bosses this tier, I like most of the factions and quests and story. And the ongoing plot with Anduin and Wrathion is just great. The Dungeons...the look, the gear and little things like hidden goodies and nuggets of info around Pandaria. I can't hate it.

The only enemy I have is my wavering attention. And it's just part of my own nature. I might be moving off the WoW scene for a little while just to taste the air around the other swamps.

Accepting that your interests have just gone on a wander is something people find hard to do sometimes, it's easier just to lash out at something familiar and go: "THIS ISN'T LIKE WHAT I USED TO LIKE ANYMORE, I'M LEAVING AND TAKING MY TOYS TOO, NYERH."
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The only thing I hate is the lack of an interesting villain I can love like all other xpacs had.

and Pandas in the Horde.

Deleted
    I also don't get where all the hate is comming from. People just need something to complain about, that's all.

Deleted
    A lot of the hate comes from the players that don't even play.
    A lot of the hate comes from kids that cried that epics weren't "epic" anymore, now they are crying even harder that epics take some effort and luck to get again.
    A lot of the hate comes from idiots that just copy everything they read. They are incapable of forming their own opinion.

It's getting boring tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, Blizzard has driven a stake between what I like to do and what I am obligated to do.

So now I do what I like to do without having to deal with the obligations of other things that I liked to do. Obviously, resulting in less fun.

Also, PvP Power was a success in that it has guaranteed no PvE item will ever be used in PvP. But I'm sure if you flip it around, you can see what is wrong with that picture and why it was also a failure. At which point, you really have to ask yourself if it would have been just as effective to make PvE equipment have no stats or effect in rated PvP.

I don't hate MOP, hate is a strong word. I like it , however I have all but given up hope on getting an alt to 90. I cannot bring myself to do it.

But overall the good points far outweigh the bad points with the expansion.

There's always something to do if you want to do it. One thing to add though PVP needs to be dealt with , right now its just all over the place.
    Next season may ( I say that with not much hope ) change things. But they need to also make randoms give a little more because if you do not arena or rbg, then to get 27,000 conquest points you would need to win 270 random bgs. ( That being just one a day ) and then even more if you earn only 50.

But MOP is for sure better than the last expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is not a bad expansion imho, I'm just 110% burnt out of the game. Thus is my reason for quitting the game once Elder Scrolls: Online releases. It was a good run. WotLK was always the best though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    "THIS ISN'T LIKE WHAT I USED TO LIKE ANYMORE, I'M LEAVING AND TAKING MY TOYS TOO, NYERH."
    In the voice of Lei Shi :-)
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the expansion itself flys at the very foundation of all that people were lead up to believe about Azeroth and about World of Warcraft, not World of let's explore our inner serenity, while being sent on quest to slaughter anything we can for a few fatty goat steak!

I hate MoP, because Pandarians started as a joke, that later in Blizzard basically having the last laugh on the community, the same is true of Cata where Flying in Azeroth was impossible, but thanks to really desperate developers it was added, and much to the down fall in many peoples minds of WoW, which eventually, Blizzard said no, NOPE let us force you to wait until 90 to fly again.

MoP isn't all bad, but that isn't really saying much. Basically at every turn every choice about the mechanics of the game to things like LFD, LFR now CRZ all basically coupled with the fact Blizzard already had problem well before Wrath, but the way they went about it leading up to MoP, just shows their final failure.

I do Enjoy WoW as a whole over all because, I had put in a lot of time leveling charectors and focusing on the things i like, but you asked why HATE MOP, Because from all the resources and all the good things Blizzard could have done, they really could have done better.

MoP = They have given up, maybe i am wrong but we will see.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

People don't seem to be hating MoP any more than the average expansion. Personally, I think it's quite decent. They've moved the story in a much better direction than I was fearing when I was questing in Valley of the Four Winds, with giant vegetables and rabbits all over the place. I don't like the dailies, but that's a relatively minor complaint overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    To be honest mop is so far best wow expansion.
    Opinions~
    They added a lot of new things to do but that doesen't mean they're nessecarily fun for people.
    People hate the game because it isn't what they thought it would be, Its good for you that you like it and all the other people that feel positive about it!
    But just because you say its good does not mean that it is for everyone.

some people dislike things for whatever reason. Others like those same things. Sometimes people have good reasons for liking and disliking something but most of the time people like or dislike those same things for absolutely stupid, insipid and hollow reasons.

I remember a thread like this for vanilla, TBC, Wotlk, Cata and the most major patches we've had.

Deleted
    These are the reasons I've seen:
    -Dailies + reputation gated behind them.
    -Galleon, you had to camp during server restart to actually have a chance of killing him.
    -Lackluster raid tier.
    -Lack of time (can't play as effectively as before).
    -Feels like a chore.
    -Slow VP gain.
    -New talent trees are too simple.
    -Horrible class balance.

Now people will hate me for listing those. *shrug*

Personally I don't really hate MoP, but I simply don't have the time anymore to commit myself into it + a major burnout.
    And I don't like what they did with dailies.

Deleted
    MoP is not such a bad expansion. I think people just like to moan and bit*h about stuff, which is normal. If they hated it so much they would not be playing it.

Although I do not like the Dailies model. I have never liked Dailies so this time around I will not level all of my alts to Max... 1 or 2 characters are enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Comes from the innate need people have to find something wrong with something new.
    Or maybe it's the lack of connection a European or American has with the asian culture? Or it's Blizzard latest trackrecord of releasing mediocre games?
    I know those are my reasons.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of games, WOW is very old. Personally, I still play but mostly as solo/random only grouping. I can understand why people quit though, as even with the improvements in MOP, it is still same game.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    So as the title says there are plenty of people whining over mop and saying that they quitted wow just because of mop.
    To be honest mop is so far best wow expansion,you've got something to do all the time,art design of panderia is outstanding,raid bosses are actually hard even on raid finder difficulty and so many other things that makes mop awesome!
    so where does all the hate come from? why do people keep bashing mop?
    p.s:before haters start asking,no i'm not being sarcastic
    Hate? Nah, many people whine about MoP because MoP has plenty of thigns to whine about.

So its the best expansion for you, its a bad one for me (WotLK was far, FAR better that World of Dailycraft).

If you think MoP is perfect and there nothing possibly wrong, then i am afraid you have a biased look at it.

For me, the excess focus on the daily system, forcing me into a content i didnt want to do but i had to (yes, i was forced, i wont discuss that subject because its endless, i hate dailies with all my passion and i am exalted with several factions and revered with the rest, that should be the proof they are mandatory).

I think many other things are cool, pet battles for example, but daileis took my desire to play the game and now i just log to raid.

Hell, when i log to raid i even have the flask remaining from the previous raid...

To me, MoP is one of the worst expansions, it turned World of Warcraft into World of Dailycraft.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    These are the reasons I've seen:
    -Dailies + reputation gated behind them.
    -Galleon, you had to camp during server restart to actually have a chance of killing him.
    -Lackluster raid tier.
    -Lack of time (can't play as effectively as before).
    -Feels like a chore.
    -Slow VP gain.
    -New talent trees are too simple.
    -Horrible class balance.

Now people will hate me for listing those. *shrug*

Personally I don't really hate MoP, but I simply don't have the time anymore to commit myself into it + a major burnout.
    And I don't like what they did with dailies.
    Dailies are optional.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 05:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Hate? Nah, many people whine about MoP because MoP has plenty of thigns to whine about.

So its the best expansion for you, its a bad one for me (WotLK was far, FAR better that World of Dailycraft).

If you think MoP is perfect and there nothing possibly wrong, then i am afraid you have a biased look at it.

For me, the excess focus on the daily system, forcing me into a content i didnt want to do but i had to (yes, i was forced, i wont discuss that subject because its endless, i hate dailies with all my passion and i am exalted with several factions and revered with the rest, that should be the proof they are mandatory).

I think many other things are cool, pet battles for example, but daileis took my desire to play the game and now i just log to raid.

Hell, when i log to raid i even have the flask remaining from the previous raid...

To me, MoP is one of the worst expansions, it turned World of Warcraft into World of Dailycraft.
    Dailies are optional, if your guild 'forced' you to do them, that was your choice to accept being forced.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Of all the crying I've heard, it's mostly about:

Pandaren
    dalies
    LFR too hard...
    did I mention dalies yet?

Honestly, people kept complaining in Cata that there was too little to do and it just chatered to "elites".
    Now that there finally IS more to do for EVERYBODY, people are complaining that it's TOO MUCH.
    But mostly because after 4 years of wotlk and Cata, they can't get off rep tabards design; since most of the rep can now only be gained from dalies (which they will fix in comming patch anyway with LFG), people have just become too lazy to put some effort in their work.

They should just as well make the game play by itself for them.

They wont be fixing anything. Being able to gain 750 rep for ONE faction per day is a joke and an insult to the players asking for alternatives to dailies.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone before MoP: AMG ALL THESE CASUALS CAN GET INTO RAIDS SO EASILY, I WISH THERE WAS A WAY TO MAKE EM WORK HARD AND DO SOMETHING BORING AND REPETITIVE TO GET INTO THEM SO THEY'D EARN THEIR PLACE

Everyone after MoP: AMG I HAVE TO DO WORK TO GET INTO THIS WTF I ONLY WANTED PEOPLE THAT WEREN'T ME TO WORK HARD FOR THINGS

It's just that simple.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.