Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Cant you just have a small nuke or ATLEAST a 50 cal in your back pocket? =)

but yeah, NOTHING is gonna happen if you see a wolf.. its more afraid of you, than you are afraid of him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    It's highly unlikely that it would graze bone and never enter the skull. Besides I wouldn't aim for the head, I'd aim for anything bear.
    or you could use a higher caliber weapon like a magnum or a .357
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-12 at 06:17 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and if its a bear?
    You cry :/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    or you could use a higher caliber weapon like a magnum.
    A 9mm would do fine, magnum does not refer to the caliber of the round, only the powder behind it. So magnum means it travels faster. A larger caliber (caliber means diameter of the bullet) would be something like a .40 cal or .45 cal. (In this example, a .40 cal is a bullet with the diameter of .40 inches thusly ".40 cal").

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    For starters Wolves are just a type of wild dog. They are large and can be dangerous, just like a large dog can be dangerous.
    Remember Humans made Wolves virtually extinct in Western Europe and nearly extinct in the USA. Canada and Russia still have large numbers of wolves.

Odds are it is an Escaped semi domestic Wolf anyway and it is hunting food in rubbish bins.
    Wolves are actually fairly common in the northern US and most of Canada, to the point that there's enough of them for there to be a wolf season again. Sightings of wild packs aren't uncommon if you live in the right areas
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    As someone who's lived in wooded areas with cougars, bears, wolves coyotes and bobcats for the last decade, I can safely say I've never heard of anyone getting so paranoid over one sighting of one animal. Seriously, everything's going to be ok. If you're that worried, temporarily seal the doggie door and walk your dog out when nature calls.

Really, there's nothing to worry about.
    This here sums up the thread. Seriously. I live in the north woods where wolves are not uncommon, but they tend to keep to themselves, especially if they aren't in a large pack. A lone wolf is not really a threat unless it is desperately hungry or if you make it feel threatened. There's no reason to worry yourself so much, its really not going to stalk the streets picking off people like some monster in a movie. You're getting a little too anxious about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You cry :/
    Or, you send the cat on it.

http://cphpost.dk/news/national/yep-it-was-wolf

yesterday? Hardly.

Tho if there is a new case, I still see no reason to worry but will welcome our new heralds of doom that will lead Denmark to conquer the world!

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    It's highly unlikely that it would graze bone and never enter the skull. Besides I wouldn't aim for the head, I'd aim for anything bear.
    You, sir, are completely delusional. You hit the bear anywhere non-lethal or severely debilitating, and it's gonna smack your head off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Yeah a lone wolf is little more than a stray. Granted a big stray, but you get my point.
    Um wolves are 43–45 kg (95–99 lb) that is big but not all that out of place big, that's fairly close to the size and shape of a German Shepard which sits about 35–43 kilograms (77–95 lb). A Bullmastiff is about 50 to 59 kg (110-130lb). Trust me a pissed of Bullmastiff is a lot more dangerous than a lone Wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    You, sir, are completely delusional. You hit the bear anywhere non-lethal or severely debilitating, and it's gonna smack your head off.
    Have you ever killed a bear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    poor thing, read the article, it is really sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    These little bastards were terrorizing a farm near where I live, they had eaten 4 new born calf's (as soon as the calf hits the ground they start tearing into it, they eat the placenta first). The farmer finally called me to put a stop to the killing of his live stock. I gladly obliged to save the lives of the cute little calfy's!!

What's the fuss? We've got wolves and cougar all over the place where I live. People don't get mauled all the time. The only real concern is them killing livestock. It's really not a big deal for the most part.

Heck, I had a pet wolf once. Just the family dog, great creature.

there is no recorded event of a wolf ever attacking an adult
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

seen a mountain lion in our field a few weeks back guess i should have loged into mmo-champ and made a post about it and see what i should freak out about...

serious question- Are you 12?
    Rabid animals do not live long at all
    Its common knowledge that wolves are afraid of humans. You are talking about 1 animal not a pack
    Watch less Liam Neeson movies and read up on facts.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskcat View Post
    there is no recorded event of a wolf ever attacking an adult
    You trolling or something?

http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/n...c-e784024add70
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...62B08020100312
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...85G0D420120617

Just to name a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    seen a mountain lion in our field a few weeks back guess i should have loged into mmo-champ and made a post about it and see what i should freak out about...

serious question- Are you 12?
    Rabid animals do not live long at all
    Its common knowledge that wolves are afraid of humans. You are talking about 1 animal not a pack
    Watch less Liam Neeson movies and read up on facts.
    he could have a phobia of wolves. people with phobias dont act rational when it comes to their phobias.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

aww poor thing is dead .

Deleted
    Wolves- Plural. A lone wolf wouldn't dare unless it's rabid.