Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i consider myself casual, even though my time spent on the game would cause people to say otherwise, i raid about 12-14 hours a week however i have yet to dip into heroic modes even though all of normal mode is on farm, so i am by no means a hardcore raider.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thread title is really misleading because you can be both casual and elitist.

Casual refers to your play schedule and habits and elitist refers to your attitude.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I lean towards elitist and entitled with the heart of a casual. I raid 3-4 nights a week in a semi hardcore raiding guild. I am elitist (though generally to myself) in 5mans and LFRs when I am top DPS as a Disc Priest in 5s or ~10-15th on the damage meter in LFRs. And I get frustrated over people doing 10-25k DPS. I do feel entitled in a way. I know I play my class and spec competently, albeit not perfectly and I am by no means best in the world. I feel I have the right to give advice on playing priests (specifically Disc) or healing advice, and I have given such advice before. I have the heart of a casual because pet battles. I have over 5000 pet battles won, ~180 level 25 pets, 525 pet battle achievement points, and about 90% of my pets are rare quality. I also don't do dailies as much as I should, therefore considering myself more casual in that aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're referring to "attitude" I'm about halfway inbetween, I don't like people who are awful and cocky or unwilling to admit mistakes or improve, but I don't mind if they're humble. I really couldn't care about people's raid progress and as such I don't raid myself and spend my time doing things I enjoy ingame.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    I consider myself an elitist casual. Meaning when I play a game I learn everything I can about my class so I can play it to its full potential. But I don't play every single day or raid 5 nights a week.

Elitist and casual are not bad words when used correctly.
    This man said it best, applies to myself.

Deleted
    in between, im not an elitist. but im not completely casual either.

Deleted
    Neither i would say i am a Dedicated player or a Min-maxing player

I consider my self a Has been. I was in the best guild on one of the largest european realms back in vanilla. We had all servers first and guild kept having them after my departure. All the way up to mop. Now they are dead

I was by far not the best player in that guild. But i got in.

Now im in a small 10 man raiding guild on the same server and i notice that i dont perform nearly as good as i should have. But i guess its due to my eye condition + being tired of the game after 8 years. Just not going into a raid with the same mentality anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    I consider myself an elitist casual. Meaning when I play a game I learn everything I can about my class so I can play it to its full potential. But I don't play every single day or raid 5 nights a week.

Elitist and casual are not bad words when used correctly.
    This is me right here.

Neither, but most would probably call me a casual. I'm a very good, very experienced PvP player, but I've never set foot in a raid, I've never done a rated BG (dead server) I haven't taken arena seriously since BC, I don't play all that often anymore, I only have a couple classes I still play, I have almost no social ties in the game, etc. And even though I'm good at what I do, I don't bash anyone worse than me unless they're acting like they're hot stuff and everyone else is bad. So that alone disqualifies me from being elitist, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I raid 3-4 nights a week in a semi hardcore raiding guild.
    That's not "semi" hardcore...

If the OP can tell me if he is 4 foot tall or 8 foot tall, then I'll proceed to answer if I'm casual or elitist

I'm 6ft4in (using the old school measurements) .... and I'm about the same position in casual/elite.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As GC said, no one claims they are "elite" anymore. Everyone tries to claim they are the least elitist.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If the OP can tell me if he is 4 foot tall or 8 foot tall, then I'll proceed to answer if I'm casual or elitist

I'm 6ft4in (using the old school measurements) .... and I'm about the same position in casual/elite.
    Just like he said. There is a third category in there. Just because you're not pushing the cutting edge of raiding doesn't mean you're a casual player. The guild I ran WOTLK and part of Cata with was a normal mode guild trying to push hard modes but we just never got there due to time constraints. We were by no means casual but we weren't elitist either.

I consider myself casual even though I spend many hours daily on WoW.

I care more about the looks of the game than the numbers. My DPS is low, my rotations are terrible, I still struggle with figuring out the prio stats for the classes I play and when I look it up, I forget about it the next day, I hardly use keybindings and when getting lazy I find myself becoming a 50% clicker.

I mostly play the game these days to role play; I have done Pandaria twice and found I just can't be bothered with leveling my other nine characters to 90... at least not right now. Once my two became 90, I dropped the ball on them and they stand around in either role play gear or quest rewarded gear.

I only run raids these days to either get transmorg gear, do mount achievements or because I hadn't done the raid before. PvP is a gameplay I totally try to avoid. I have been playing WoW since 2006, off and on, but never found an interest in trying to reach either the top or second of the DPS meter nor to get the best gear possible.
    Last edited by PomPomPop; 2013-02-25 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    That's not "semi" hardcore...
    Does that mean you feel it is hardcore, or it is not? I think 3-4 nights could go either way, depending on the guild.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnestjarn View Post
    You basically said what I wanted to say. /hi5
    Pretty much me too. but i don't like the words casual/hardcore etc because the only hardcore people in my mind are those globaly ranked in like the top 50 or so guilds or teams of w/e and i dont like casual because people seem to see the word and think, "oh yeah im so much of a btter player than him, blizzard should only cater to my needs and im simply awesome and can talk whatever shit i want," which angers me as people assume they're casual due to fact they believ its because of them not raiding 5 nights a week or having a 2.2k rating etc and those saying tha above dont realise they themselves are casual in the fact they have some harmode progress and seem to believe they are hardcore. My guild has good hc progress but i know for a fact we arent the best but we enjoythe game, no-one rages and in no way do we consider ourselves any better than any other player. /rant

I would consider myself a casual, even though I raid Heroic current raid content and do care about my gear and performance, I don't min/max quite to the degree that I associate with elitism, nor do I devote the amount of time to raiding that I associate with elitism.

The thread isn't worded correctly. Elitist-Casual isn't binary; if anything, Hardcore-Casual is the binary, and even that's subjected to shades of gray.

One can be a hardcore without being an elitist
    One can be an elitist while still being casual

"Elitist" is a personality qualifier, not a playstyle qualifier.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

You missed out - you should have added hardcore. Elitists are sometimes hardcore but not always. Elitists, once they have done anything will scream at Blizz trying to stop anyone else doing it, even in LFR. hardcore are usually too busy DOING stuff to be worrying over what others are doing. the more successful they are, the less they care about other people. If they have realm first, or in the top 10 or so, they do not care if it is nerfed like mad and the rest of the realm gets it - they KNOW how good they are and onlt really care about competing with people as good as them, or better. Elitists want to be thought of hardcore, but often are spoilt kiddies who scream a lot and have tantrums.
    Casuals - well, there are so many. If you are talking about raiding ones, they can be ex-hardcore who have had life changes (a job, a child) and cannot devote their lives to the game and raiding, but they are still excellent players. There are casuals who are very very good and raid very little due to life commitments. There are ones who raid a bit but are not very good players. There are casuals like me. I do not raid. I am not a very good player, health issues and age makes me slow, but I get by. I can do tops DPS in dungeons like the Love one, 35k, and it does enough. I like the farm and pet battles and quests, and to hang around and chat a bit with guildies and make the odd sarcastic comment in trade.
    The game is big enough to fit us all in.